Only 400 sleeps to go!

Welcome...and here we all are concerned about how soon is "soon". 400 days is a long time, but actually shorter than those who got on the bandwagon at the earliest. It truly is a gorgeous car and I think the real world, real customer reviews are proving that it is worth the wait, even if a few disgruntled auto journalists don't quite understand the direction Lotus has taken with this vehicle. Welcome aboard. My only advice is not to check in here on a daily basis...you might risk getting a bit depressed with the minutia of some of the moaning. Keep your big picture excitement and enjoy the ride, both literal and metaphorical.

Welcome aboard. There are plenty of previous posts to read while you wait - some are even quite useful!

Welcome...and here we all are concerned about how soon is "soon". 400 days is a long time, but actually shorter than those who got on the bandwagon at the earliest. It truly is a gorgeous car and I think the real world, real customer reviews are proving that it is worth the wait, even if a few disgruntled auto journalists don't quite understand the direction Lotus has taken with this vehicle. Welcome aboard. My only advice is not to check in here on a daily basis...you might risk getting a bit depressed with the minutia of some of the moaning. Keep your big picture excitement and enjoy the ride, both literal and metaphorical.
Thank you! There is no danger of me becoming depressed. Quite the opposite. Obviously I havent driven it so will have to take Jenson Buttons word for now. But it looks like the best car Lotus have ever made to me - stunning on the outside and all the tech I ever need on the inside. The Elise just wasnt practical and I was never in love with the looks of the Evora.

PS - I am told Q2/Q3 next year so it could be as early as April 2023.

I know I'm just bellyaching but I believe the 2nd wave of orders in the late summer early fall of 2021 has it the worst in terms of time between deposit to delivery - people like me. LOL.

For US buyers, if you ordered by early or mid summer 2021 and made the cutoff for an FE, you are going to get your car during this winter and spring of next year. People like me who will have to order a "base" model won't get our car probably until September/October of 2023. That 1-2 month delay in placing a deposit is going to translate into another 6-8 months of wait. Meanwhile, the people that placed a deposit in early winter of 2021 will probably get their cars just a couple of months after we get ours.

Hi, I dreamt of owning a Lotus Esprit 30 years ago. I live just 2 miles from the factory. Now I have decided to get an Emira instead of a wife, house and pension. I have nowhere to park it yet but am like a kid on Christmas eve. Can't wait.

Welcome to the forum @likeakidonchristmaseve - That's neat to be so close to the factory!

I know I'm just bellyaching but I believe the 2nd wave of orders in the late summer early fall of 2021 has it the worst in terms of time between deposit to delivery - people like me. LOL.

For US buyers, if you ordered by early or mid summer 2021 and made the cutoff for an FE, you are going to get your car during this winter and spring of next year. People like me who will have to order a "base" model won't get our car probably until September/October of 2023. That 1-2 month delay in placing a deposit is going to translate into another 6-8 months of wait. Meanwhile, the people that placed a deposit in early winter of 2021 will probably get their cars just a couple of months after we get ours.
That's in large part driven by the huge peak of deposits in the few days between 6 July 2021 reveal and the end of Goodwood Festival of Speed on 11 July 2021. There were something like 2000-2500 deposits placed in those 6 days. So someone who got a deposit in on 6 July could get their car 5-6 months before someone who paid only 5 days later. The difference between a 6 July V6 FE and 11 July i4 Base deposit could be well over 12 months.

Hi, I dreamt of owning a Lotus Esprit 30 years ago. I live just 2 miles from the factory. Now I have decided to get an Emira instead of a wife, house and pension. I have nowhere to park it yet but am like a kid on Christmas eve. Can't wait.
Dude, in thirty years I would have stolen one part at a time and build my own, but I see you're smart, waited until Lotus fixed all the problems, I hear you!! :)

Life-hack for you: Just stay up every other night and you'll only have 200 sleeps to go, and time will go twice as fast! Welcome!

I ordered a First Edition in the UK 10 weeks ago and was told the wait was 18 months. I don't really mind as I don't have all the cash yet and nowhere to park it. I can be excited while I figure all that out over the next 12 months.

Welcome to the forum, remember 18 months in Lotus terms means 24 months.

On a positive it's more time to raise more cash.