• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hethel Yellow to go alongside Exige Sprint

OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am falling beyond in love with this car, I have to say. It’s just nailing everything I could have asked for. So much presence from such a well proportioned mid sized car. It drives like an absolute dream and just makes me want to keep going forever.

I took my Sister out for a drive and she absolutely loved the looks, then I took her boyfriend for a drive and as a biker he loved the performance feel, then I took my Dad for a drive (>70yrs old) and he loved how comfortable it was inside, then I took my Mum for a drive and she felt like she was 22 again. It got thumbs up all round. Very subjective and totally relative but it’s nice that it’s getting such a warm reception.

OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve just returned from a superb 48 hours in north Wales, during which the Emira was faultless*. I’m around the 1,000km mark now and the car feels really well sorted. The exhaust note is maturing nicely and is a little louder with a few more pops on the overrun which is fun. It was hard to resist driving through the towns in 2nd gear in Sport mode. All the stonework walls made for great amplifiers!
IMG_7719.jpeg

I can highly recommend Palé Hall as wonderful place to stay. It was a very car friendly venue near the Horseshoe Pass with some fantastic driving roads nearby. Really friendly staff and wonderful food.
IMG_7698.jpeg

I was most surprised at just how much fun the Emira was to drive on the motorway though. The Welsh B roads were awesome of course but actually the mundane roads were quite a lot of fun too. It cruises with poise and “breathes with the road” in such a way that even straight lines are engaging.

I’m also finding the seats very comfortable. I’m only 5’6” and fairly slim built but the Alcantara keeps me in place while giving me enough space to shuffle about a bit. They’re certainly more touring seats than sports seats but they look great and have just about enough side bolster for me. In fact, the whole interior feels really well put together on the Emira, no squeaks or rattles.

It does seem to kick up a lot of dirt at the back as others have reported. Even in totally dry sunny conditions it looked like this after a few hundred miles:
IMG_7734.jpeg

The attention it got was also all positive. Great trip all round!

*Actually that’s not quite true, there was one minor annoyance. I found that if you point the right air vent too far left it will whistle when on a higher setting. However, on the basis that I have to hold certain interior trim items in place while driving the Exige to muffle the many many rattling sounds that isn’t a huge concern. 🤣

OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Turns out, with fairly minimal effort, you can fit a spare set of Exige Toyo R888R’s into the Emira. Fronts on the shelf behind the seats and rears on the passenger seat 🙌

Can’t say it’s not practical! 🤣
IMG_0315.jpeg