• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hethel Yellow to go alongside Exige Sprint

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m soooo in!

It was fantastic to see so many passionate Lotus employees stop and take photos of our Exige Sprint parked outside the factory yesterday while we collected our new Emira. It really demonstrated how much love for the brand exists on site and even instilled a little confidence in the care they take in their current craftsmanship.

The collection experience itself was brilliant. Very personal, very tailored and just a heck of a lot of fun. Looking around the factory and talking with Scott and the team you can see just how much change they’re trying to push through the organisation all in one go. It’s an enormous undertaking in a bid to produce the car they really want to get into customers hands. You can’t help but want to support the effort that’s going in. We even managed a quick word with Matt while he was making a dash for lunch.

Then there was the car itself, which was just wow. I won’t pretend to know all there is to know after only driving a few miles. However, it’s a bit like they took the best bits of the Elise, Evora and dare I say Esprit, matted them together, and teleported them into the future. It’s very familiar Lotus in the way it drives but refined and modern in just they ways you’d want it to be. Then on top of that it looks absolutely magnificent in the metal. Not just good looking, but really superb from every angle. I’m a bit biased being a Lotus owner for >20 years now but it’s everything I could have hoped for so far.

I was taking a look at the Seneca Blue 2nd hand Emira at Hilton & Moss earlier this week and it was sat between a Ferrari Portofino (£175k), Aston V12 Vantage (£133k) and a Porsche 992 GT3 (£204k) - all totally different of course but the Emira had the best interior of the bunch in terms of design and quality. I would take the Emira over any of them in a heart beat, which is exactly what I am doing.

The car is heading off for full Paint Protection Film (PPF) now so have to wait a little longer to really enjoy it but I’m ok with that. All the best to everyone in the queue - it will be worth it!

N.B. I will also posting this on the Emira Facebook group.
AD082898-7676-4B35-B0AC-58CBB1FEBB79.jpeg

OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here’s our Hethel Yellow Emira. Absolutely chuffed with it. Personally I’m very happy with the yellow calipers too (always wanted yellow callipers). Arguably looks better with black callipers against Hethel Yellow but I don’t think it’s unsightly with yellow on yellow for anyone that might be concerned.
0EDB8292-25DC-4500-AC0A-3AB153EB0D3C.jpeg

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This might be my new favourite photo! Our Emira and Exige side by side for the factory collection.View attachment 22758
Well, it’s a small world!

Exige Sprint “1973” of which I was custodian from Nov ‘14 to Jul ‘16.

I hope you’re looking after it!

4D3BE289-8725-43BB-BDDD-686FE4F4F690.jpeg

Oh, welcome to the Emira club too!

Last edited:
OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fear not, the Exige Sprint is in good hands! Added a few Larini bits and replaced the lightly damaged chin splitter recently. She’s all good.

Reactions: KJD
OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve just had the presentation key box arrive from Lotus Customer Care - I think possibly triggered by completing the feedback survey but not 100% sure. I haven’t checked to see if it’s RFID blocking yet but I think others have suggested not. Mostly a pretty desk ornament.

27E90A5B-B84A-4615-809C-09D68569DE3C.jpeg

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I got mine the other day and I haven’t done the survey. (I’m not sure they’d want to read mine!)

Most people seem to be getting the boxes.

image.jpg

It’s not RFID blocking, I’ve checked. Not sure where that rumour came from.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus initially said they were RFID blocking but then had to publish a correction.

OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Righty, so my car is now heading off to XPEL for them to do a fresh set of 3D scans for an updated PPF pattern. I read somewhere that someone had a challenge with the rear section pattern when applying PPF and it seems that is indeed the case. It’s a combination of the pattern and an updated film thickness apparently. Either way, hopefully having this done will help others seeking for a full PPF too. I can’t wait to see the results and while the wait continues it remains ever worthwhile!

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Righty, so my car is now heading off to XPEL for them to do a fresh set of 3D scans for an updated PPF pattern. I read somewhere that someone had a challenge with the rear section pattern when applying PPF and it seems that is indeed the case. It’s a combination of the pattern and an updated film thickness apparently. Either way, hopefully having this done will help others seeking for a full PPF too. I can’t wait to see the results and while the wait continues it remains ever worthwhile!
I would appreciate if you can let us know when this update is available.
My car is scheduled for XPEL PPF next Monday
Thanks

OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I would appreciate if you can let us know when this update is available.
My car is scheduled for XPEL PPF next Monday
Thanks
I'll update on here as it progresses. It's currently scheduled to be scanned later this week.

OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The car arrived at XPEL on Tuesday and was due to be scanned Weds 10th March '23 or Thurs 11th March'23. I'm just waiting on a further update to confirm it's all gone well and new patterns are now available.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The car arrived at XPEL on Tuesday and was due to be scanned Weds 10th March '23 or Thurs 11th March'23. I'm just waiting on a further update to confirm it's all gone well and new patterns are now available.
How long does this sort of thing take usually? i have never owned a car worth having this done on

OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just for those keeping tabs on the new XPEL PPF patterns. My car has now been scanned by XPEL UK - I can't say exactly when but sometime between Weds 8th and Tues 14th of March. So the new patterns should now be available to anyone getting their car PPF'd with XPEL film from now onwards. I don't anticipate this will make any difference to those doing just the front or side sills, as I believe those patterns were fine, the main difference is for anyone having the full car covered and in particular the back where I believe the previous patterns weren't quite right and didn't allow enough stretch for the film.

In response to @action_turtle on how long it usually takes, I assume you mean applying the film rather than getting the car scanned (which isn't typically required). Applying varies but will typically be between 1-5 days depending on the extent of prep-polishing and the level of coverage. Just doing the front bumper and side sills will be quicker than doing the whole car + applying a ceramic coat on top. There's a good thread on it all here: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/paint-protection-film-ppf-and-wrap-for-your-emira.621/page-8

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just for those keeping tabs on the new XPEL PPF patterns. My car has now been scanned by XPEL UK - I can't say exactly when but sometime between Weds 8th and Tues 14th of March. So the new patterns should now be available to anyone getting their car PPF'd with XPEL film from now onwards. I don't anticipate this will make any difference to those doing just the front or side sills, as I believe those patterns were fine, the main difference is for anyone having the full car covered and in particular the back where I believe the previous patterns weren't quite right and didn't allow enough stretch for the film.

In response to @action_turtle on how long it usually takes, I assume you mean applying the film rather than getting the car scanned (which isn't typically required). Applying varies but will typically be between 1-5 days depending on the extent of prep-polishing and the level of coverage. Just doing the front bumper and side sills will be quicker than doing the whole car + applying a ceramic coat on top. There's a good thread on it all here: https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/paint-protection-film-ppf-and-wrap-for-your-emira.621/page-8
Thanks for the info. I’ll have a read later!

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
They should already have the patterns.

The scanning was done at the factory in January, unless each independent detailer holds on to their scans and doesn’t share

OP
Emira28

Emira28

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They should already have the patterns.

The scanning was done at the factory in January, unless each independent detailer holds on to their scans and doesn’t share
There was an issue with the original scan for the rear of the car. It didn’t impact those only doing the fronts which was fine. This, coupled with a slight change to the film and it’s stretch properties in the last few weeks, has resulted in the need for an entirely fresh scan being done by XPEL (who have also changed the type of scanning technique that they use during that time as well).

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There was an issue with the original scan for the rear of the car. It didn’t impact those only doing the fronts which was fine. This, coupled with a slight change to the film and it’s stretch properties in the last few weeks, has resulted in the need for an entirely fresh scan being done by XPEL (who have also changed the type of scanning technique that they use during that time as well).
Thanks for the update

HdoBadr

Reaction score
Thanks @Emira28

So I can now go to Xpel website and order the new scanned version of the full coverage PPF?

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts