@ nimbus_emira_v6

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So a trip to the dealers tomorrow. Still getting the start stall occasionally, the auto hold service occasionally and the yellow engine light occasionally.
And then there's this, my steering wheel is no longer straight/car is pulling left, can't quite figure out what's going on there
View attachment 28837
Guessing something is loose up front

OP
Magicman

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So update, great service by central lotus again yesterday.
3 updates done, ecu, parking sensors and media system.
The slight speaker rattle I was getting was from the sub, added an extra layer of foam and re mounted it. Seems to have cured it.

However.....
It went for a wheel alignment and all 4 wheels were out apparently in pretty much every direction (quote from technician). They haven't charged me for it but have warned that lotus are likely to reject it under warranty. My argument is that if it had come from a pot hole or such like (my local roads are horrific but I'm pretty skilled in pothole slalom) the surely it wouldn't be all wheels in all directions? ? It's only £90 so not the end of the world but just really curious what may have caused it. I can't pinpoint the exact moment I noticed the steering wheel off centre in a straight line and I've had no wince inducing moments with pot holes or road debris. You'd thin anything harsh enough to do this from impact would have damaged a wheel as well ?

1000017462.jpg

landore73

Reaction score
View attachment 23447View attachment 23448View attachment 23449View attachment 23450View attachment 23451

View attachment 23452

Factory collection today which was brilliant and I'd recommend.
So quick background I've just come out of a 981 gt4, last two cars before that were a Ferrari california and a 997 gts. Now, I've only done 130miles in the Emira but to be honest I'm struggling to fault it, all those things everyone's been getting their knickers in a twist over are just non events.

Seats- 3hrs straight with no fiddling and no comfort issues at all.

KEF- more than adequate over varied music styles, 3hrs of YouTube music shuffle. Easily on a par with competitors premium systems in similar sized cars

Noise- had it in sport all the way home, running in but sounds lovely and burbling low down. (There was an i4 on the test track, those boys will definitely need to budget for an exhaust) and I'm positive as it frees up it will get louder

Performance- running in but even short shifting on the twisties in the wet it makes very good progress

Steering wheel- never gave it a thought

Infotainment system, display and heater controls etc just so easy to use. Intuitive menus and useful physical buttons. Maybe physical buttons for heated seats would be useful.

The leather, materials and general ambiance in the cabin is spot on.

Touring suspension SO Impressive on crappy roads, really happy with that.

If it proves reliable it's potentially an absolute belter of a car

Oh and it snaps necks (and knicker elastic) at 100 yards 😆
I picked up the same car yesterday, awesome machine

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So update, great service by central lotus again yesterday.
3 updates done, ecu, parking sensors and media system.
The slight speaker rattle I was getting was from the sub, added an extra layer of foam and re mounted it. Seems to have cured it.

However.....
It went for a wheel alignment and all 4 wheels were out apparently in pretty much every direction (quote from technician). They haven't charged me for it but have warned that lotus are likely to reject it under warranty. My argument is that if it had come from a pot hole or such like (my local roads are horrific but I'm pretty skilled in pothole slalom) the surely it wouldn't be all wheels in all directions? ? It's only £90 so not the end of the world but just really curious what may have caused it. I can't pinpoint the exact moment I noticed the steering wheel off centre in a straight line and I've had no wince inducing moments with pot holes or road debris. You'd thin anything harsh enough to do this from impact would have damaged a wheel as well ?

View attachment 28964
I don't see how you could do that to the car. It looks like either they weren't set up properly at the factory to begin with, or they weren't tightened down properly and over time, the adjustments slowly moved out of spec. Weird.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One of the last stations in the factory is a full geo check and adjust, which every car gets, so don't see how this could have been out of spec... Unless, as suggested by Eagle7, the tie rod ends were not securely tightened (seems unlikely).

Also, general question, is there any camber adjustment on the factory setup, as looks like they didn't adjust the camber? (your fronts are slightly out of spec, though not necessarily a bad thing as slightly more neg camber than spec, but rears are 14' difference, so 1/4 of a degree different, which whilst not a huge concern for road driving, does make me wonder whether there is any camber adjustment available)

OP
Magicman

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
One of the last stations in the factory is a full geo check and adjust, which every car gets, so don't see how this could have been out of spec... Unless, as suggested by Eagle7, the tie rod ends were not securely tightened (seems unlikely).

Also, general question, is there any camber adjustment on the factory setup, as looks like they didn't adjust the camber? (your fronts are slightly out of spec, though not necessarily a bad thing as slightly more neg camber than spec, but rears are 14' difference, so 1/4 of a degree different, which whilst not a huge concern for road driving, does make me wonder whether there is any camber adjustment available)
It definitely didn't leave the factory like that, curious one for sure.

Not sure re camber adjustment

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Camber is adjustable via cambolts on the lower wishbone chassis mounts.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus honoured the warranty on the wheel alignment no problem

Valve controller and exhaust continues to bring joy to many children daily on the school run
#revitmister #preyfori4drivers
Good to read this. On the way back from Goodwood FOS each day I passed 2-3 groups of kids camped out with signs saying “Rev It” “Send It” etc and was happy to oblige with some V6 joyfulness. Many thumbs up and smiles and waves. We need to enthuse the next generation!

OP
Magicman

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not a particularly happy bunny at the moment, still love the car itself, but.... I'm 5mths in, preparing for my 7th trip back to the dealer. There's a recall for the wipers, ironically mine are fine. I'm now told they recommend a run in service. The handbrake service required warning still keeps popping up, had that from day 1, countless updates later no difference. The yellow engine warning light still makes an appearance every now and again, non of this effects driving in any way but its getting a bit boring now and tbh have no faith either of them will get fixed.

No particular plans to.sell the car but how do you when there's a Christmas tree of lights on the dash? 🤦

OP
Magicman

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Had a great run out this morning chasing my mates 600LT (epic car) to steel City car meet at proctors, some epic stock, then to the Lotus meet at ignition. My car just sounds epic now and is a great size to through down UK country roads and the touring suspension still so impressive. I did wince at seeing the LT at times.

Is the Emira the Goldilocks sized sports car?
1000020716.jpg

1000020713.jpg

1000020683.jpg

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Had a great run out this morning chasing my mates 600LT (epic car) to steel City car meet at proctors, some epic stock, then to the Lotus meet at ignition. My car just sounds epic now and is a great size to through down UK country roads and the touring suspension still so impressive. I did wince at seeing the LT at times.

Is the Emira the Goldilocks sized sports car?
View attachment 30066

View attachment 30067

View attachment 30068
Why oh why did they not make that green the launch colour (in place of DV)... so lush. ❤️

OP
Magicman

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So been in today for its run in inspection/service and the recalls, updates etc.
Although I'm in v2 wiper module and it works fine they want to swap it but it's on 10wk back order. Also noticed my power steering pump leaks on full lock so they will return to dealer trips 9 and 10. All minor stuff but it is a little wearing

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Honestly this was not an awful alignment spec before their changes. Front toe was all that really needed adjustment. In fact the front camber was better before they touched it, I suspect that the factory is setting these to neg 1.0deg camber in the front as a matter of course now, and the target spec in the dealer's machine is not aggressive enough.

Toe fix probably fixed the pull in the front but made it a touch more darty or lively? Or did it do the opposite? Very slight neg setting would typically be toe out (rather than toe in) on most machines, and a slight toe in spec from the factory makes some sense. Would need to know their machine type to verify though.

OP
Magicman

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Honestly this was not an awful alignment spec before their changes. Front toe was all that really needed adjustment. In fact the front camber was better before they touched it, I suspect that the factory is setting these to neg 1.0deg camber in the front as a matter of course now, and the target spec in the dealer's machine is not aggressive enough.

Toe fix probably fixed the pull in the front but made it a touch more darty or lively? Or did it do the opposite? Very slight neg setting would typically be toe out (rather than toe in) on most machines, and a slight toe in spec from the factory makes some sense. Would need to know their machine type to verify though.
Tbh other than the obvious pull I can particularly tell a difference, if anything the front is more darty

OP
Magicman

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Had a good run out today with an rs3 and a 718 gt4, sat nav took us down some tight bumpy roads, I could keep the rs3 honest, the gt4 was just bottoming out and generally fidgety struggling to hold the pace. It may (almost certainly is) be the better track car but on British B roads I'm still convinced the touring spec emira is king

I did quite fancy that Perf spider though in Verde Mantis

1000024024.jpg

1000024010.jpg
1000024018.jpg

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had a good run out today with an rs3 and a 718 gt4, sat nav took us down some tight bumpy roads, I could keep the rs3 honest, the gt4 was just bottoming out and generally fidgety struggling to hold the pace. It may (almost certainly is) be the better track car but on British B roads I'm still convinced the touring spec emira is king

I did quite fancy that Perf spider though in Verde Mantis

View attachment 31271

View attachment 31272View attachment 31273
This doesn’t surprise me but not what any UK car journalist will say for fear of upsetting Porsche. Their set up does not work well on ‘normal‘ UK roads despite what they say. Also what a boring looking car.