Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sounds like it could be classed as champagne colour...😭
My concern for those choosing Nimbus is whether they realise it is a gold/bronze/cream coloured metallic and not a traditional silver.

Many of the early Nimbus renders shown here were basically a bright sparkly grey silver which isn't accurate.

daveparky84

Reaction score
My concern for those choosing Nimbus is whether they realise it is a gold/bronze/cream coloured metallic and not a traditional silver.

Many of the early Nimbus renders shown here were basically a bright sparkly grey silver which isn't accurate.

Having seen the official colour samples in real life the bronze effect is very subtle and it appears as a slightly warmer silver than is common. It’s silver with a hint of champagne in the mid range which looked amazing to me. Looked very premium. And yes that’s only the small sample dish and it might feel different on the entire car but I immediately was taken by the Nimbus and ultimately ordered in that colour. Equally the Green was darker than I had hoped as that was my initial choice. I think the Nimbus is the best colour to highlight the curves on the car along with the Red & Blue.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Having seen the official colour samples in real life the bronze effect is very subtle and it appears as a slightly warmer silver than is common. It’s silver with a hint of champagne in the mid range which looked amazing to me. Looked very premium. And yes that’s only the small sample dish and it might feel different on the entire car but I immediately was taken by the Nimbus and ultimately ordered in that colour. Equally the Green was darker than I had hoped as that was my initial choice. I think the Nimbus is the best colour to highlight the curves on the car along with the Red & Blue.
You're abslutely right, nimbus will definitely highlight the curves well!

Nimbus was on my shortlist for quite some time when I thought it was more of a standard bright silver (hence why I'm sharing my observations in case others have made the same assumption that I did).

I've also seen the nimbus paint samples in real life and placed them next to traditional bright /mid silvers and in different lighting conditions. It still appears to be a creamy gold champagne silver which personally put me off. I've never been a gold/cream/brown coloured car person (same goes for tan leather), but appreciate that colour is a very personal thing.

Isn't it just awesome that we have choice and a range of different tastes? Makes the world more interesting! :)

daveparky84

Reaction score
You're abslutely right, nimbus will definitely highlight the curves well!

Nimbus was on my shortlist for quite some time when I thought it was more of a standard bright silver (hence why I'm sharing my observations in case others have made the same assumption that I did).

I've also seen the nimbus paint samples in real life and placed them next to traditional bright /mid silvers and in different lighting conditions. It still appears to be a creamy gold champagne silver which personally put me off. I've never been a gold/cream/brown coloured car person (same goes for tan leather), but appreciate that colour is a very personal thing.

Isn't it just awesome that we have choice and a range of different tastes? Makes the world more interesting! :)

Absolutely.. and weirdly part of me wishes I went with Red now after the new configurator was released I’ve seen some really smart Red specs from people which I never would have considered myself. But Nimbus is def for me Ive always loved Ferrari in silver in particular the F355 and the Emira is basically a modern F355 in many ways.. for me anyway… Going to be a long wait but worth it I’m sure :)

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As I’ve said on one of the other threads, doing a good render of a metallic is really hard. I think the picture shows the colour but not the full effect of the fleck.

I couldn’t find a comparable coloured car at B&C to put the sample against. But I think this picture of the convex sample is a good representation:

View attachment 579
From this photo it looks lighter that GT silver

Attachments

• IMG_3090.jpg
    IMG_3090.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 68

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Many pictures of the paint sample disk have been posted in the forum under various lighting conditions including bright sunlight, shade and against a Mineral Grey sedan. I would be surprised if Nimbus would be taken for Silver.
imagine the hue and cry!
Alternatively, someone can feast their eyes on the upcoming Osmium render which was leaked.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Many pictures of the paint sample disk have been posted in the forum under various lighting conditions including bright sunlight, shade and against a Mineral Grey sedan. I would be surprised if Nimbus would be taken for Silver.
imagine the hue and cry!
Alternatively, someone can feast their eyes on the upcoming Osmium render which was leaked.
Ooh please share..

daveparky84

Reaction score
The Osmium colour appears to be one of the offical colours for the base models. There’s some fan made renders on the forums here but they don’t look great. Looks like a very reflective cool blue silver almost like a polished toy marble or frosted chrome effect. I can’t get enough of Nimbus I think it looks amazing. Certainly unique I can’t think of any other car like that in recent memory.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wait, what? Please share!
The names of the extra colours were hidden in the code of the new configurator. We don't know for certain what they look like yet.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi folks! I have recently jumped ship into the Nimbus camp from Dark Verdant! Then I saw the white…. It’s so bleeding difficult!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The names of the extra colours were hidden in the code of the new configurator. We don't know for certain what they look like yet.
No we saw that one... This made it sound like a render itself was leaked, like a configurator image from Lotus?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No we saw that one... This made it sound like a render itself was leaked, like a configurator image from Lotus?
Maybe @EspritGuy can clarify. I've seen a couple of attempts at renders of Osmium but nothing that appears to originate from Lotus. There's a Volvo colour with the same name.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Maybe @EspritGuy can clarify. I've seen a couple of attempts at renders of Osmium but nothing that appears to originate from Lotus. There's a Volvo colour with the same name.
Post 139 above was correct. The reference was to the embedded code within the configurator update. That led to some image concepts, also referenced above, including the Volvo iteration. No, we haven't seen an actual example.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

See post 44 and post 75 in this Nimbus thread.
It's as about as real as it gets.