Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Samps

Reaction score
Me too - exactly. First It was Seneca with Ice Grey & yellow calipers. Also love the red but I'm in my late 50's now and feel a little conspicuous. Nimbus is classy and the red gives it just that little edge fitting of a 'baby exotic'. Plus I think it will brilliantly show off the curves - like Gisele wearing Dior
There must have been something really special going on - click on the photo and not one of the photographers is focusing in ??

daveparky84

Reaction score
If you mean they both look good, have ~400 hp, and can do 0-60 in the mid 4 second range, then yup... I agree. Just a shame the Emira is ~27 years into the future with similar performance numbers. At least the fuel economy is better in the Emira, right?

Yes but its not always about 0-60 times ... I showed a friend the Emira and he laughed at me and said "my BMW SUV has a faster 0-60 time" ... thats all he was looking at when i showed him. The modern obsession with acceleration numbers is out of control.. Lotus excels in the art of how a sports car feels to drive and Emira wont be any different hence my reference to the (equally beautiful) F355 which is considered one of the best emotional driving sports cars of all time, not the fastest. Im buying Emira for the design yes but the way it will feel to drive as well. Sports Car through and through.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If you want performance buy a Tesla 3 performance. If you want looks and sense of occasion buy the Emira.

I had a Model 3 Performance, and loved the hell out of it. As a daily it was nearly perfect, as a performance car it wasn't... but it was unique. At the track I could run maybe two 20-minutes sessions before needing to sneak away to the local charger, which was 20 minutes away. That charging session would be a longer one than typical, because of battery temps. So out of 4 sessions, I could run maybe 3 realistically, and that's at the track that had chargers nearby. Several other tracks near me don't have chargers nearby, so I missed out on those days. I'd also have to arrive the night before, grab a charge at that local charger, and sleep at the track overnight. That actually wasn't a problem thanks to camping mode. How many track cars can you also comfortably camp in?

The car was hilarious to track, the bonkers acceleration made the car feel incredibly light accelerating out of the corners, which gives you too much confidence braking for the next one and suddenly remembering it's a 5,000lb car. That leads to plenty of sloppy white-knuckle moments that the traction control does an astonishing job of cleaning up for you. Track mode is also a lot of fun to play with, dialing in the car and tracking times/footage.

Ultimately I bought an ND Miata because the track consumables on the Tesla were so expensive, the Miata sort of paid for itself. Miata is obviously the opposite experience, lightweight / analog vs. heavy and digital. It was an amazing two-car garage though. Miata allowed me to run other tracks and run more often. So I'd say it was the better performance car by the measure of actually using it for performance, as I imagine the Emira will also be.

But yeah, acceleration is fun too.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a Model 3 Performance, and loved the hell out of it. As a daily it was nearly perfect, as a performance car it wasn't... but it was unique. At the track I could run maybe two 20-minutes sessions before needing to sneak away to the local charger, which was 20 minutes away. That charging session would be a longer one than typical, because of battery temps. So out of 4 sessions, I could run maybe 3 realistically, and that's at the track that had chargers nearby. Several other tracks near me don't have chargers nearby, so I missed out on those days. I'd also have to arrive the night before, grab a charge at that local charger, and sleep at the track overnight. That actually wasn't a problem thanks to camping mode. How many track cars can you also comfortably camp in?

The car was hilarious to track, the bonkers acceleration made the car feel incredibly light accelerating out of the corners, which gives you too much confidence braking for the next one and suddenly remembering it's a 5,000lb car. That leads to plenty of sloppy white-knuckle moments that the traction control does an astonishing job of cleaning up for you. Track mode is also a lot of fun to play with, dialing in the car and tracking times/footage.

Ultimately I bought an ND Miata because the track consumables on the Tesla were so expensive, the Miata sort of paid for itself. Miata is obviously the opposite experience, lightweight / analog vs. heavy and digital. It was an amazing two-car garage though. Miata allowed me to run other tracks and run more often. So I'd say it was the better performance car by the measure of actually using it for performance, as I imagine the Emira will also be.

But yeah, acceleration is fun too.
I think the Miata is a great little car, feels faster than it is which is great for your licence!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
@TomE you mentioned Nimbus looked like a pot of melted silver being stirred (or something along those lines)... And the sample I saw in person looked very "traditional silver"... Would you say it looked something like this in person? I imagine the paint process and quality is much higher for the LaFerrari, but is it a similar color?

Screenshot_20220225-125412_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220225-125354_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220225-125332_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220225-125332_Instagram.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 47

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@TomE you mentioned Nimbus looked like a pot of melted silver being stirred (or something along those lines)... And the sample I saw in person looked very "traditional silver"... Would you say it looked something like this in person? I imagine the paint process and quality is much higher for the LaFerrari, but is it a similar color?

View attachment 3366

View attachment 3368
There was a hint of gold/bronze fleck in the sample I saw

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's more like a straight silver metallic. In Nimbus the silver and metallic fleck behaves a bit like that - a graininess - but as Nick says it's also got a secondary hint of bronze and cream.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
That's more like a straight silver metallic. In Nimbus the silver and metallic fleck behaves a bit like that - a graininess - but as Nick says it's also got a secondary hint of bronze and cream.

Hm.. interesting. The "sunlight" mode certainly makes nimbus look grainy, but I blamed the "reflection" of the sand. I really wish we could see some professional photos in different lighting already! I'm so torn between Seneca and Nimbus... every photo of Seneca looks different and Nimbus is yet to be seen.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 32

After spending some time playing around with the online configurator tonight, I'm leaning towards Nimbus Grey. It seems to show off the lines of the car very well. Is anyone else thinking about this color?
Nimbus grey mine coming in august - lost the will to live with this constant dribble!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be classed as champagne colour...😭

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Trying to convey what a colour looks like reminds me of the quote "writing about music is like dancing about architecture".

The photos of Nimbus, whenever they appear, are going to have as much variation as the pictures we've already seen of Seneca Blue and Shadow Grey. They will depend on lighting, nearby objects, how close the camera is to the car and a bunch of other things. But at least if we had several pictures we'd have a better idea of what they look like in different environments.

Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Trying to convey what a colour looks like reminds me of the quote "writing about music is like dancing about architecture".

The photos of Nimbus, whenever they appear, are going to have as much variation as the pictures we've already seen of Seneca Blue and Shadow Grey. They will depend on lighting, nearby objects, how close the camera is to the car and a bunch of other things. But at least if we had several pictures we'd have a better idea of what they look like in different environments.

I went through this recently with a Jeep purchase. Several of the Jeep colors shift dramatically in different lights. I had to place an order and I had it narrowed down to Gecko Green, which was available to select but had not yet gone into production, or their flat grey color "Sting Grey".

I toiled over this for weeks. Sting Grey looked Nardo in daylight, but shifted to an ugly muddy brown at night. I visited the dealer several times at different times of day and literally stared at the thing right in front of my face and still couldn't decide if I liked it. Gecko looked charming on the configurator, but there were photos of one from one guy who took delivery of a random color tester unit, and those photos ranged from eye-wateringly highlighter-ish to medium green depending on the light and camera angle.

In the end, I chose neither color. I could never get over how I didn't like Sting Grey at night. Gecko starting shipping and it's fun and I appreciate the bravery of those who select it but I'm so glad I didn't because it makes isotope look bland in comparison.

I expect the same process here.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I went through this recently with a Jeep purchase. Several of the Jeep colors shift dramatically in different lights. I had to place an order and I had it narrowed down to Gecko Green, which was available to select but had not yet gone into production, or their flat grey color "Sting Grey".

I toiled over this for weeks. Sting Grey looked Nardo in daylight, but shifted to an ugly muddy brown at night. I visited the dealer several times at different times of day and literally stared at the thing right in front of my face and still couldn't decide if I liked it. Gecko looked charming on the configurator, but there were photos of one from one guy who took delivery of a random color tester unit, and those photos ranged from eye-wateringly highlighter-ish to medium green depending on the light and camera angle.

In the end, I chose neither color. I could never get over how I didn't like Sting Grey at night. Gecko starting shipping and it's fun and I appreciate the bravery of those who select it but I'm so glad I didn't because it makes isotope look bland in comparison.

I expect the same process here.
Well? What did you end up with?