Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Give it a few weeks and you’ll be onto red then blue, then back again to yellow and verdant..
It's such a relief to have my spec locked in! I keep looking at Seneca Blue and thinking "maybe I should have got another blue Lotus" and then tell myself it's too late now to change it.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Having seen the official colour samples in real life the bronze effect is very subtle and it appears as a slightly warmer silver than is common. It’s silver with a hint of champagne in the mid range which looked amazing to me. Looked very premium. And yes that’s only the small sample dish and it might feel different on the entire car but I immediately was taken by the Nimbus and ultimately ordered in that colour. Equally the Green was darker than I had hoped as that was my initial choice. I think the Nimbus is the best colour to highlight the curves on the car along with the Red & Blue.
I still believe it will be like Porsche platinum silver. Not sure how I feel about that tbh, but better the devil you know I guess. Really not feeling an emotional bond with this car predominantly because of the poor CX and unknowns

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
See post 44 and post 75 in this Nimbus thread.
It's as about as real as it gets.
I see my post is no 75 🤣 Porsche platinum silver it is then! (again..)
It is a good colour, especially for emphasising curves so not all bad. Will work well with tan.

daveparky84

Reaction score
I still believe it will be like Porsche platinum silver. Not sure how I feel about that tbh, but better the devil you know I guess. Really not feeling an emotional bond with this car predominantly because of the poor CX and unknowns

This angle on the configurator to me matches how it looked in person from the sample. You can see it has a subtle champagne colour in the mid tones. Just very slightly warmer and also a slight matte finish as well. I love it.

Attachments

• D875129E-EEB6-4755-AF77-AADB11EE71EA.jpeg
    D875129E-EEB6-4755-AF77-AADB11EE71EA.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 245

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Whoever named it Nimbus "grey" may have had a few too many that day, either that or they're color blind
It's not even close to grey, way more like silver.
Calling it "Nimbus grey" is very misleading to people.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's such a relief to have my spec locked in! I keep looking at Seneca Blue and thinking "maybe I should have got another blue Lotus" and then tell myself it's too late now to change it.
Yeah. For me it was a constant swing between red and nimbus. If I wasn't locked in I'm sure I'd be back to red ... As you say it's kind of a relief not having the option anymore

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This angle on the configurator to me matches how it looked in person from the sample. You can see it has a subtle champagne colour in the mid tones. Just very slightly warmer and also a slight matte finish as well. I love it.
That angle does look stunning 😍

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Whoever named it Nimbus "grey" may have had a few too many that day, either that or they're color blind
It's not even close to grey, way more like silver.
Calling it "Nimbus grey" is very misleading to people.
If it looks this good they can call it anything they would like. It seems to glow in this render! Pretty spectacular. It challenges my predilection for Magma Red, and could keep the tan interior.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Having seen a picture of a nimbus car with silver wheels, all be it not the forged, I'm really not sure they work. Personal choice of course but very glad I went DC, which I'm also on the fence about but an easy fix to have glass black.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Having seen a picture of a nimbus car with silver wheels, all be it not the forged, I'm really not sure they work. Personal choice of course but very glad I went DC, which I'm also on the fence about but an easy fix to have glass black.

I don't believe there are any actually photos of a Nimbus Emira available yet... Please post it here.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
In that yellow light, it looks totally different to the very silver samples. I think "creamy bronze" is a good description. Look at the contrast with the silver wheels.

Last edited:

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The silver wheels are god damn awful on this. Personal opinion only 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️… Needs black wheels and black pack for sure… Then it’s wow 🤩….
Agreed, if you look at the blade silver 570s they don't look right to me with silver wheels.