New Shmee Emira video

tjlazer

Reaction score
Someone hack all his social media accounts please.
Have you actually seen his Nurburgring videos? The guy really does drive these cars hard around Europe and the ring and videos it for our entertainment. You may not like his style but he’s doing something no one else dares to do, personally I think he’s actually important to car culture for showing these cars in action not just for posing. He’s a car fan and I think we are a small enough niche these days to need someone that communicates to a wider audience.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
First good view of the finished trunk. Looks great! The new seal on the leading edge of the hood is a bit of a bummer, breaks up the nice clean front.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Have you actually seen his Nurburgring videos? The guy really does drive these cars hard around Europe and the ring and videos it for our entertainment. You may not like his style but he’s doing something no one else dares to do, personally I think he’s actually important to car culture for showing these cars in action not just for posing. He’s a car fan and I think we are a small enough niche these days to need someone that communicates to a wider audience.
I have, I just can't stand his over the top style, loud obnoxious voice. Plus relative to the Catchpole and Metcalf's of the world, which he competes for subscribers with, he doesn't stand a chance.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have, I just can't stand his over the top style, loud obnoxious voice. Plus relative to the Catchpole and Metcalf's of the world, which he competes for subscribers with, he doesn't stand a chance.
I don't much like his style either, but I'd rather base what I think about people on what they do and say rather than how they do it or say it. Despite having hideously coloured cars (Emira excepted), he does produce a lot of high quality content - none of which I watch though!

I think people give him a hard time because they're envious of how he could be doing what he's doing and he's not even cool.

Last edited:

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dislike Schmee because of his personality, it bugs me. But I will watch this video on mute. So did this dipstick get a production model delivered?

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dislike Schmee because of his personality, it bugs me. But I will watch this video on mute. So did this dipstick get a production model delivered?
No, pre-production model that he went over some basics. Same restrictions for a more in depth review at a later date.

Elisesquared

Reaction score
NOT a Shmee fan, but he at least seems relatively relaxed in this vid. Best part starts at 11:37.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
NOT a Shmee fan, but he at least seems relatively relaxed in this vid. Best part starts at 11:37.

Agreed he had toned it down a bit in this video. I dont like the keyfob because I have a feeling it will slide right out of my pocket and into the void.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Agreed he had toned it down a bit in this video. I dont like the keyfob because I have a feeling it will slide right out of my pocket and into the void.
It does look like it has a little hole to attach a key ring, you should be able to clip it onto whatever.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It does look like it has a little hole to attach a key ring, you should be able to clip it onto whatever.

Yeah, but I have nothing else to clip it to. :) I guess Ill have to buy one of those straps I used to have on my keys in High School.

My DD has my House keys, my barn keys, vacation trinkets and all that. My Elise key has the fob, the key, and a Lotus emblem, and that has falled out of my pocket once during a spirited drive.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to have some new content. It's pretty bad when I'm here yelling at the TV because I knew he speced the full silver wheels and he initially said he got the diamond cut.

The car looks great though.. Hethel especially looks fantastic. I'm a little disappointed about the hood line and weather stripping. It's one of those things that can't be unseen. Hopefully the production vehicles minimize that gap or maybe there's a way to make some adjustment ourselves to line it up a bit better.

Good to see the key too. It's a little plain, but it's cool that it says "For The Drivers." Would have been awesome to get that glass style Aston key. Something with a little class... But I suppose we should be happy with cup holders and Android Auto, right?

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Nice to have some new content. It's pretty bad when I'm here yelling at the TV because I knew he speced the full silver wheels and he initially said he got the diamond cut.

The car looks great though.. Hethel especially looks fantastic. I'm a little disappointed about the hood line and weather stripping. It's one of those things that can't be unseen. Hopefully the production vehicles minimize that gap or maybe there's a way to make some adjustment ourselves to line it up a bit better.

Good to see the key too. It's a little plain, but it's cool that it says "For The Drivers." Would have been awesome to get that glass style Aston key. Something with a little class... But I suppose we should be happy with cup holders and Android Auto, right?
Must be nice to have so many cars you forget what you’ve specced 🙂