New Shmee Emira video

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've not heard any feedback either way. It isn't an issue in the Evora and given the attention to detail on things like the side mirror design and window seals on the Emira, I think it's unlikely it'll be a problem.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Externally that's the same spec as mine and I'm really pleased how it looks, both outside in the daylight and inside the barn (I refuse to call it the "shmooozeeeum!) next to the other cars. The yellow has a real good mustard tone to it. The interior quality sounds, at least on first inspection, like it's where many of us hoped it would be.
And yes, it sounds great - both at idle and with some revs. Interesting they commented on being able to hear the induction noise and supercharger whine from the side vents. That's one reason why I often drive my Evora with the windows down and no radio/music.

I don't need the driving review, I know it's going to drive like a Lotus. It's going to be a great car.
I love the color and exterior spec. I'm on the fence about the upper black pack but someone in here had the fabulous idea of painting the mirrors same as body color, and I think it makes a significant difference. Hopefully we can buy those mirror caps from the dealers with some ease.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think the simpler solution is to order without Black Pack, which has body-coloured mirrors, and then do whichever parts of BP you want. The roof can be vinyl or black PPF, tailpipe finishers and rear lettering can be black painted/coated (or buy the black versions as aftermarket parts) and mirrors can be wrapped too. It's easier to BP a non-BP car than it is to un-BP a BP car.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From his IG, what’s up with the black pack scratches and texture?

Attachments

• 3BBF71B2-06F8-42DD-A482-D987AEE7D09E.jpeg
    3BBF71B2-06F8-42DD-A482-D987AEE7D09E.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 184

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The rear hatch looks clear but the side 3/4 glass panels looked really dark. Anyone know if this has privacy glass or not?
The side 3/4 glass has such a wide blacked-out border it hardly makes any difference whether it's got privacy glass or not - perhaps that's what you are seeing?

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I don't much like his style either, but I'd rather base what I think about people on what they do and say rather than how they do it or say it. Despite having hideously coloured cars (Emira excepted), he does produce a lot of high quality content - none of which I watch though!

I think people give him a hard time because they're envious of how he could be doing what he's doing and he's not even cool.
I give him a slightly hard time as he comes from a very wealthy family and has had a HUGE headstart in life and in the end, he has landed... or rather stepped onto his feet. He comes across as a spoilt rich kid, which is what he is, the main difference now is that he is spoiling himself, which is okay as he earns his own money. He has a big team of people working for him, its not a one man and a dog youtube channel.
I dont like the way he talks and that is important to me as if someone seems as if they are talking down to you, it does matter, same as if they are talking aggressively, for me its more how someone says something than what they say.. haha.
I agree he gets access to great cars and the quality of his videos are good, but thats as he has a huge team helping him, its a 2-3 million pound business, not like pedro pete which is literally him on his own. I watched some of his videos, a while ago, but then stopped.... I dont like his manorisms and I dont think he tells the truth, just the same as carefaction videos, all "smarmy" and complementary, false.... over produced, not natural.
I personally enjoy Harry's garage.... gets fantastic cars and doesnt mind slagging them off where need be, and he still gets the cars.
Are we jealous of shimmey.... yes and no, Id not change my cars for his if I had to wear those jumpers and shirts all year round.. haha

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Wow all these negative comments about Shmee I think he’s good as he lives and breathes cars, has a fabulous collection and always give's a very through and detailed review not like the likes of Archie Hamilton there simply is no comparison. So what that’s he’s got money he’s made his empire. My only thing he should mix it up with his checky shirts 👕 lol 😝

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Personalities aside I think it is fantastic that we have access to more information through social media channels.

Just like everyone, I have my favourite reviewers and those I’m less fond of, but each has their own style and insights to share. So just enjoy all of them as they’re released and cherry pick their insights. Exciting times with deliveries so close! Not long now!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Think it is wrapped
We’ve been told multiple times it was painted. I’d rather it was painted than wrapped because I can wrap it myself for like $60 in raw materials. Not sure what to think with that texture and those scratches.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
We’ve been told multiple times it was painted. I’d rather it was painted than wrapped because I can wrap it myself for like $60 in raw materials. Not sure what to think with that texture and those scratches.
I've asked numerous times too if it was painted or wrapped because all the pics of the showcar looked wrapped with bubbles and scratches. If I get my Emira and it's just vinyl wrap in the roof, I'll be royally pissed (especially for the extra $1700 or whatever it was).

Last edited:

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've asked numerous times too if it was painted or wrapped because all the pics of the showcar looked wrapped with bubbles and scratches. If I get my Emira and it's just vinyl wrap in the roof, I'll be royally pissed (especially for the extra $1700 or whatever it was extra).
This one looks fine in comparison.

Attachments

• 0CDE2DC9-E252-46DB-B544-B965FF077C56.jpeg
    0CDE2DC9-E252-46DB-B544-B965FF077C56.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 95

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think the simpler solution is to order without Black Pack, which has body-coloured mirrors, and then do whichever parts of BP you want. The roof can be vinyl or black PPF, tailpipe finishers and rear lettering can be black painted/coated (or buy the black versions as aftermarket parts) and mirrors can be wrapped too. It's easier to BP a non-BP car than it is to un-BP a BP car.
...and that is exactly what I have decided to do. Definitely will have the LOTUS badge in black. All others are up for debate (me vs I).

Great to see a Hethel Yellow that is close to production ready. Looks, and sounds, absolutely fabulous, and every bit as I had hoped it would be! Being a Lotus, it is safe to assume that the Emira will drive well. (y)

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The black pack (lower and upper) is painted in gloss black.

G

Guest142

Note that the actual Emira key was shown. Looks like what was leaked/expected.
Yes. I noticed this as well. I've been waiting for someone to show the key fobs. Very glad Shmee took the time to do detail it. It looks really nice. I like it. Not many out there like it.

Stsainj

Reaction score
Yes. I noticed this as well. I've been waiting for someone to show the key fobs. Very glad Shmee took the time to do detail it. It looks really nice. I like it. Not many out there like it.
It appears a little chunky to me for what it is. I know BMW has some larger fobs that have a screen for some of the self parking features. Just want something sleek and not too bulky for the pockets.