New Shmee Emira video

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The car looks great though.. Hethel especially looks fantastic. I'm a little disappointed about the hood line and weather stripping. It's one of those things that can't be unseen. Hopefully the production vehicles minimize that gap or maybe there's a way to make some adjustment ourselves to line it up a bit better.
Yeah agree. Though it's probably most obvious on the yellow. DV folks will never notice it! I'm curious what made them add that weatherstripping. Is that going to complicate PPF installation for those who are planning on it?

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice to have some new content. It's pretty bad when I'm here yelling at the TV because I knew he speced the full silver wheels and he initially said he got the diamond cut.

The car looks great though.. Hethel especially looks fantastic. I'm a little disappointed about the hood line and weather stripping. It's one of those things that can't be unseen. Hopefully the production vehicles minimize that gap or maybe there's a way to make some adjustment ourselves to line it up a bit better.

Good to see the key too. It's a little plain, but it's cool that it says "For The Drivers." Would have been awesome to get that glass style Aston key. Something with a little class... But I suppose we should be happy with cup holders and Android Auto, right?
I don't know what's with all of you guys and the "nose" or the weather stripping or "flower wheels."

I love all of those features. The aero is just bonkers cool in a car at this level and I love that it's all functional. The front hood opens, so there's a need for the "gap" and the weather strip. The area has no storage but is accessible for maintenance. Ironically, no different than the Ford GT hood that was popped in the video.

Get over it.... the things you're bringing up aren't going to change and they're fine. Unsee it! :)
-

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The front hood opens, so there's a need for the "gap" and the weather strip. The area has no storage but is accessible for maintenance.
My Corvette also has a hood that's hinged from the front, but doesn't have any weatherstripping on the leading edge.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm more amazed by the multiple comments of strange bonnet makes them think the car was in an accident.

I see a symmetrical, functional vent, and think the car was in an accident and that's why it looks that way 🤦‍♂️

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm not a Shmee fan but thought it was a pretty decent video. No fake excitement here, they all seem genuinely enthusiastic about the Emira.

I liked the first view of it in the covered carrier because that's how mine is going to look when delivered, only it will be Dark Verdant.

Oddly enough, when it was sitting there in the middle of all those other cars, it looked somewhat more conservative; more refined. The subtle visual balances of the various areas of this car is almost like no other car I can recall seeing. It has a very modern look to it. It has that unusual quality of looking like an actual concept car you'd see at a show instead of a real-world production car.

After watching a video Chris Harris just posted up about driving his first Lotus he had 20 years ago, I can't wait to see his reaction to the Emira.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The rear hatch looks clear but the side 3/4 glass panels looked really dark. Anyone know if this has privacy glass or not?

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Forget wether you like shmee or not, I didn’t see a single car in his ‘garage’ that looked better than the Emira. For me 400hp is more than enough for road driving. Ok I currently have one of the first Elise S2 cars with 120hp rover engine, but after 21 years of ownership I still absolutely love the driving experience! I’m sure the Emira will take me to the next level, but the Elise will remain!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The rear hatch looks clear but the side 3/4 glass panels looked really dark. Anyone know if this has privacy glass or not?

I noticed this too! I ordered with privacy glass and will be happy if the rear window isn't too dark. I'd like to still see the engine.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Forget wether you like shmee or not, I didn’t see a single car in his ‘garage’ that looked better than the Emira. For me 400hp is more than enough for road driving. Ok I currently have one of the first Elise S2 cars with 120hp rover engine, but after 21 years of ownership I still absolutely love the driving experience! I’m sure the Emira will take me to the next level, but the Elise will remain!of all of his cars
It doesn’t look out of place in his garage. This guy can practicality buy whatever he wants and he has chosen an Emira that the masses can buy, good on him.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It does sound good doesn’t it, perhaps not as nice as your R8 v10 though..
Lol no aw that V10 was something else I always kept her on loud exhaust as well heheh 🤭 but I’m very pleasantly surprised with how the Emira sounds very exciting that sound will be good enough for me. So funny with the I8 the exhaust sound was piped thro the radio- even though you know it’s false it still did the job 👌🏼

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, but I have nothing else to clip it to. :) I guess Ill have to buy one of those straps I used to have on my keys in High School.

My DD has my House keys, my barn keys, vacation trinkets and all that. My Elise key has the fob, the key, and a Lotus emblem, and that has falled out of my pocket once during a spirited drive.
Dang! Now what am I going to do with this? Bought it a year ago in anticipation of a standard key. I'll manage somehow :)

Attachments

• IMG_6870.jpg
    IMG_6870.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 48

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Dang! Now what am I going to do with this? Bought it a year ago in anticipation of a standard key. I'll manage somehow :)

You should be able to get that on there. But may look a bit odd lol.

Reactions: JKP

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Forget wether you like shmee or not, I didn’t see a single car in his ‘garage’ that looked better than the Emira. For me 400hp is more than enough for road driving. Ok I currently have one of the first Elise S2 cars with 120hp rover engine, but after 21 years of ownership I still absolutely love the driving experience! I’m sure the Emira will take me to the next level, but the Elise will remain!
Um..... no better looking car in the garage? Going with the Ford GT.
To each their own.
(Yes, an Emira is in my future).

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Externally that's the same spec as mine and I'm really pleased how it looks, both outside in the daylight and inside the barn (I refuse to call it the "shmooozeeeum!) next to the other cars. The yellow has a real good mustard tone to it. The interior quality sounds, at least on first inspection, like it's where many of us hoped it would be.

And yes, it sounds great - both at idle and with some revs. Interesting they commented on being able to hear the induction noise and supercharger whine from the side vents. That's one reason why I often drive my Evora with the windows down and no radio/music.

I don't need the driving review, I know it's going to drive like a Lotus. It's going to be a great car.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm not a Shmee fan but thought it was a pretty decent video. No fake excitement here, they all seem genuinely enthusiastic about the Emira.

I liked the first view of it in the covered carrier because that's how mine is going to look when delivered, only it will be Dark Verdant.

Oddly enough, when it was sitting there in the middle of all those other cars, it looked somewhat more conservative; more refined. The subtle visual balances of the various areas of this car is almost like no other car I can recall seeing. It has a very modern look to it. It has that unusual quality of looking like an actual concept car you'd see at a show instead of a real-world production car.

After watching a video Chris Harris just posted up about driving his first Lotus he had 20 years ago, I can't wait to see his reaction to the Emira.

Here's the link for those who didn't see it. I've got an S1 Exige too and can understand his delight at being reunited with his.

It's Storm Titanium, which is quite similar to Nimbus.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
with the windows down and no radio/music.

Have you heard any feedback on any wind buffeting issues with the Emira s window(s) down? I'm so excited to cruise around my local twisties with the windows down just listening to that supercharger scream and exhaust rumble.