Seats

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Still bag on the seats - if Lotus are happy to be puttting these photos on instagram - they do realise this quality is not good enough. I for one will not be accepting my car if it turns up with bagging seats

Attachments

• C826652A-3F99-4CE7-8A01-E25AD7077BB5.jpeg
    C826652A-3F99-4CE7-8A01-E25AD7077BB5.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 633

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Still bag on the seats - if Lotus are happy to be puttting these photos on instagram - they do realise this quality is not good enough. I for one will not be accepting my car if it turns up with bagging seats
Those seats are quite sad looking. Did Lotus really post them on insta? :(

Off The Shelf

Reaction score
Holy crap thats making me reconsider my colour choice... This is a new car and they look tired and dirty

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We know these are not the production seats as they don't have the backrest embossed pattern on them (as seen in the configurator interior view). Lotus have also been going through several design iterations of the seat bolstering including base foam height and density.

The pre-production cars are not salable (so will be crushed). As such they use whatever prototype parts they have to put some of these cars together. So in this case we can see that the leather and seat foam do not match, the result of which is baggy seats. We also saw the same issue in the tan seats shown in the Shadow Grey "safety car". It makes perfect sense to use pre-production cars for the Lotus Driving Academy or on track.

If I were Lotus, would I be allowing photos of them? No, but perhaps that's why they aren't releasing any official photos yet! The cars are not finished.

I'm confident that the production seats will be nice and tight as we expect. Why am I confident? Well the Dynamic Prototype leather seats have had thousands of backsides on them and they're still nice and tight.

9555C797-604F-4121-BA07-4F37BBA2B8DB.jpeg

Last edited:

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If those who are planning to go on a factory tour in the near future can check and confirm that the sagging and creasing found in the photo aren't seen on the production seats. That would make a lot of folks feel easier (including me!).

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If those who are planning to go on a factory tour in the near future can check and confirm that the sagging and creasing found in the photo aren't seen on the production seats. That would make a lot of folks feel easier (including me!).
Hopefully those who went to Hethel earlier this week can comment!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
These are leaked photos of prototype cars.

OP
BeHappy

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
We know these are not the production seats as they don't have the backrest embossed pattern on them (as seen in the configurator interior view). Lotus have also been going through several design iterations of the seat bolstering including base foam height and density.

The pre-production cars are not salable (so will be crushed). As such they use whatever prototype parts they have to put some of these cars together. So in this case we can see that the leather and seat foam do not match, the result of which is baggy seats. We also saw the same issue in the tan seats shown in the Shadow Grey "safety car". It makes perfect sense to use pre-production cars for the Lotus Driving Academy or on track.

If I were Lotus, would I be allowing photos of them? No, but perhaps that's why they aren't releasing any official photos yet! The cars are not finished.

I'm confident that the production seats will be nice and tight as we expect. Why am I confident? Well the Dynamic Prototype leather seats have had thousands of backsides on them and they're still nice and tight.

View attachment 5760
Thank you them seats look 👌🏼 - I am just starting to feel mugged off by Lotus they can put out photo shoot advertising their track days offering ride in Emira before us paying customers- we don’t know when we are getting test rides ? Whilst people paid Lotus, taken holidays, overnight stays driven miles and hours to get a glimpse of the colours. Buyers are still been locked into specs with no photos yet they have managed to produce glossy ones for the track days

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Went on the Tour yesterday, seats still in development stage, all issues will be resolved I am sure, spoke to Steve the main seat technician, they are still tweaking support/comfort etc. I believe their commitment to quality will be without compromise. The leather quality did look exceptional!

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Went on the Tour yesterday, seats still in development stage, all issues will be resolved I am sure, spoke to Steve the main seat technician, they are still tweaking support/comfort etc. I believe their commitment to quality will be without compromise. The leather quality did look exceptional!

On the one hand, it's a bit shocking that they're still mucking around with the seat design on May 19th, but it does reassure me that Lotus is taking quality really, really seriously and is determined to make sure that every aspect of the final spec is on the money.

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Super intrigued to see how easy that mesh is to take off around the gear linkage. And maybe the actual lever boot too, would prefer an exposed shaft (don't go there). That is, without fudging it too much and looking hacky and tacky...View attachment 5765
That saggy seat is atrocious.

I thought the Mazda MX-5 ND seats were awful, compared to this, they are brilliant, hopefully just a bad day in the seat department.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think Lotus should have gone 2-tone on the seats with dark leather or fabric on the side bolsters and the main color on the center panels. Those lower side bolsters are going to take a beating as you slide in and out of the car and I suspect the lighter colors will look dirty fast.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That saggy seat is atrocious.

I thought the Mazda MX-5 ND seats were awful, compared to this, they are brilliant, hopefully just a bad day in the seat department.
again, what do the pictures tell you, crash helmet in the foot well, obviously well abused. None of us will do this plus if you are fat then the leather will wrinkle but on plus note when you go around a corner the wheel gap will are spot on!

If this is such an issue then seriously don't buy one leave it to people who want one

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
again, what do the pictures tell you, crash helmet in the foot well, obviously well abused. None of us will do this plus if you are fat then the leather will wrinkle but on plus note when you go around a corner the wheel gap will are spot on!

If this is such an issue then seriously don't buy one leave it to people who want one
I am sure the final versions will be better, luckily all my other leather seats have survived my lardarse and hopefully these will too

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am sure the final versions will be better, luckily all my other leather seats have survived my lardarse and hopefully these will too
agreed can't beat a bit of give in the trouser section, everything seems to be wrinkled down there, seats included

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 5760
Is the backsides that are tight or the seats, just asking.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thats NOT bag on the seat !! ........... Thats a walkie talkie on the seat...... hahaha

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Super intrigued to see how easy that mesh is to take off around the gear linkage. And maybe the actual lever boot too, would prefer an exposed shaft (don't go there). That is, without fudging it too much and looking hacky and tacky...
The leather boot attaches to the ring surround from underneath, so it appears that removal would leave it looking ok. I plan to do the same thing, so we will find out!