New Member from Kansas City, Missouri

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello!

I'm unfortunately a late December of 2021 depositor. My dealer seems to think I'll lock things in next March, for a September build to arrive 6 months later in 2024. But I'm accustomed to waiting. I have had a 1968 Datsun 510 built that took 5 years to build from a literal shell. I've imported a 1994 RX7 from Osaka, Japan in the middle of the pandemic when you couldn't find a container. So I've dealt with long waits many times before (I'll attach photos). All the time and effort to get the RX7 from Japan is actually why I missed the Lotus announcement of the Emira and was late to deposit.

I'm having a very hard time deciding on colors. This is doubly hard, because my dealer seems unsure of whether I'll be on the end of their FEs or the beginning of the BEs. The only thing I know for sure is I'm getting a 6 cylinder manual and going to just enjoy having the last ICE manual Lotus.

Anyways, congrats to those overseas who have taken delivery. Super jealous. And to all of those in the USA waiting on their cars, I can't wait to see everyone out on the road.

Attachments

• After Car Wash.JPG
    After Car Wash.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 65
  • BAT2.png
    BAT2.png
    943.2 KB · Views: 48

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum and interesting car history. Your Datsun looks immaculate. What prompted you to import the RX7 from Japan?

sweidemeyer

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm unfortunately a late December of 2021 depositor. My dealer seems to think I'll lock things in next March, for a September build to arrive 6 months later in 2024. But I'm accustomed to waiting. I have had a 1968 Datsun 510 built that took 5 years to build from a literal shell. I've imported a 1994 RX7 from Osaka, Japan in the middle of the pandemic when you couldn't find a container. So I've dealt with long waits many times before (I'll attach photos). All the time and effort to get the RX7 from Japan is actually why I missed the Lotus announcement of the Emira and was late to deposit.

I'm having a very hard time deciding on colors. This is doubly hard, because my dealer seems unsure of whether I'll be on the end of their FEs or the beginning of the BEs. The only thing I know for sure is I'm getting a 6 cylinder manual and going to just enjoy having the last ICE manual Lotus.

Anyways, congrats to those overseas who have taken delivery. Super jealous. And to all of those in the USA waiting on their cars, I can't wait to see everyone out on the road.
Did you use Holman in St. Louis? Did you get over for a test drive this week? I am a fellow kc area resident. Took my test drive Monday and absolutely cannot wait!

OP
KCMO68_510

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum and interesting car history. Your Datsun looks immaculate. What prompted you to import the RX7 from Japan?
Thanks for the compliment on the Datsun. The RX7 was the car from my childhood that I had wanted for a long time. So I went looking for as pristine of an example as I could find. LHD versions were like $70K for mint condition. I found a 10K mile, never modified, RHD car online for like half of that expense in Osaka Japan, so I impulsively pulled the trigger.

OP
KCMO68_510

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did you use Holman in St. Louis? Did you get over for a test drive this week? I am a fellow kc area resident. Took my test drive Monday and absolutely cannot wait!
Yes, I was at Homan on Monday as well. I ran into another KC person while I was there. Maybe that was you and your wife? If not, then there will be at least 3 KC Emiras eventually.

OP
KCMO68_510

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What color are you going with? I'm so up in the air, maybe we can spread the KC colors out :)

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello!

Welcome to the waiting zone..:) And a Datsun 510, still one of the most fun cars I've owned!!

sweidemeyer

Reaction score
Yes, I was at Homan on Monday as well. I ran into another KC person while I was there. Maybe that was you and your wife? If not, then there will be at least 3 KC Emiras eventually.
I went by myself. 3p. Heard there had been a few from KC. I deposited Aug or September 2021 - per dealer I am 17 of 60 so hoping I am next group to place firm orders one they get US production going and have it mid to late 2023.

OP
KCMO68_510

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just go for it ;) ... Hethel Yellow is the best colour :ROFLMAO:
I'm between the following:
1) Hethel Yellow/Black Pack/Black Calipers
2) Nimbus Grey/Black Pack/Yellow Calipers
3) Magma Red/Black Pack/Black Calipers
4) Seneca Blue/Black Pack/Yellow Calipers

(Photo is just close versions)

Basically only the two dark colors are out for me at this point. And who knows, if I end up being BE then maybe White/Black Pack/Red Interior and go the full Chris Harris build.

Attachments

• 73CD3CD2-6824-465C-86F5-FB8D44ADDD94.jpeg
    73CD3CD2-6824-465C-86F5-FB8D44ADDD94.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That RX-7 is a special car in it's day. Glad to see one in such great condition. Welcome!

sweidemeyer

Reaction score
I'm between the following:
1) Hethel Yellow/Black Pack/Black Calipers
2) Nimbus Grey/Black Pack/Yellow Calipers
3) Magma Red/Black Pack/Black Calipers
4) Seneca Blue/Black Pack/Yellow Calipers

(Photo is just close versions)

Basically only the two dark colors are out for me at this point. And who knows, if I end up being BE then maybe White/Black Pack/Red Interior and go the full Chris Harris build.
I Have a dark red F-type R and had white Cayman S. My daily is a dark gray Bronco. So wanting to change it up and feel a car like this should look a little audacious. 😀🤷‍♂️. The Sceneca Blue I think is my other option. I was sure I was going to do full black pack but now wavering between that vs lower only. I do love my f-type coloring w red and black.

Attachments

• A00019F6-B976-40BE-AB87-5B225A9A7064.jpeg
    A00019F6-B976-40BE-AB87-5B225A9A7064.jpeg
    447.8 KB · Views: 17

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @KCMO68_510

Nice looking RX7. I've always been a huge fan of the third gens. I had purchased a '93 a long time ago and planned on doing a complete rebuild but life got in the way and had to sell it.

sweidemeyer

Reaction score
I find it funny looking back on this, because I was all over the map when I thought I was getting an FE1.0 color car. I think it all worked out the way it was meant to.

View attachment 39660
nice. Jealous you got yours first. I take delivery Weds 4/3. Dealer said there are 3 of us in the KC area. Excited for you - looks great! Like you, I wasn't in love with any of the 1.0 colors, so glad I also got a 2.0 and the added color options.

OP
KCMO68_510

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
nice. Jealous you got yours first. I take delivery Weds 4/3. Dealer said there are 3 of us in the KC area. Excited for you - looks great! Like you, I wasn't in love with any of the 1.0 colors, so glad I also got a 2.0 and the added color options.
Well, I just paid for it. It's still getting PPF done, and then I'll be in London for a week. So Holman is holding the car until I get back. So you will actually get yours before me if you take delivery on 4/3.