• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

McLaren admits: 'Actually all our cars are just bad'

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I love how people come on a Lotus Forum to trash talk Lotus. Good use of your time dude.
Honestly, everyone needs to chill on comparing the Emira (mine will be a base spec) to cars costing, say, over $110k. Ok? Cool.
example:
Priced starting at a cool $237,500, the Artura

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The Artura might not be perfect, but its light years ahead of the Emira.
Why do people keep insisting on comparing the Emira to cars costing 2-3x as much? And while there have been niggling little problems such as the weather stripping and seat belts I haven't heard about any serious issues so how would that put the Artura "light years ahead" of the Emira?

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Comparing my 2021 Evora GT 410 Sport with the new Emira's I have seen in- as well as outside I noticed hardly any difference in build quality etc.
I venture to claim that the many teething problems of the emira's build so far and in the near future make the perfectly mature engineered Evora the absolutely better choice for me.
The higher power output, the incredible V6 exhaust sound, the analog design and the exclusivity of the Evora for me is a extra bonus versus the considerable numbers of Emira's that will flood the market......
I like the Evora, I just wish they hadn't put the roof on backwards...:)