Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Cheers thought that had to be case, but looks very green there. Did the Nappa leather feel nice?
I agree and you're not the first to ask. I'm slightly red/green colour blind so can't see it myself.

The leather on the show car was good, it was a nice place to sit and I was surprised how much I liked the mixed leather/alcantara option. I'm assuming the full leather just replaces the alcantara sections, so you'd have leather across the whole door card, top to bottom of dash and the entire seat. I guess the leather seat will have some kind of pattern or inlay to give the necessary flex and some visual interest, similar to the leather and alcantara design.

I don't have much of a reference point for the quality of the leather. The surface was softer than the leather in my 2011 Evora but not in a "I'd be worried that will show marks" way.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Was it your impression that the red leather matches well with the magma red paint? One consideration for me is a white wrap which I would prefer to pair with a red leather interior. I could do this over Magma red, which I think would look best with tan, but if the red leather matched that would be a way to get two cohesive looks. What do you think?
Tricky to say. I've never been a fan of red interiors so didn't pay much attention to the red sample other than taking the pictures. I think the photos of the red leather and the red paint sample against the Fire Red car are reasonably accurate if you want to hold them side by side.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Tricky to say. I've never been a fan of red interiors so didn't pay much attention to the red sample other than taking the pictures. I think the photos of the red leather and the red paint sample against the Fire Red car are reasonably accurate if you want to hold them side by side.
Thanks Tom. Really appreciate it.

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
Red is looking very nice!

20211001_125029.jpg

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Oh great, another colour just became a strong option! 🤣
I agree, does anyone know the pros and cons of vinyl wrap. I’m not sure if I want the full black pack and wondered if it might be possible to wrap afterwards. What sort of quality finish would it have, budget costs and whether it is removable?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A well-done full wrap can look stunning. Will cost less than a full respray but more than doing a PPF clear film, which tends to be only partial coverage.

For a non Black Pack car I reckon you could do the black roof and pillars with either a black vinyl or there is a black version of the clear PPF film (Xpel Ultimate Plus Black is one). The PPF will be a bit thicker and the same self-healing properties as clear PPF, so you get the advantages of PPF as well as the colour change. It's probably about £600-£1100 at a guess and would be removeable.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A well-done full wrap can look stunning. Will cost less than a full respray but more than doing a PPF clear film, which tends to be only partial coverage.

For a non Black Pack car I reckon you could do the black roof and pillars with either a black vinyl or there is a black version of the clear PPF film (Xpel Ultimate Plus Black is one). The PPF will be a bit thicker and the same self-healing properties as clear PPF, so you get the advantages of PPF as well as the colour change. It's probably about £600-£1100 at a guess and would be removeable.
Thanks might well be my choice

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had the roof wrapped on my original Evora . First attempt by dealer left some original paint showing through at edge so had to be removed and replaced again. This time it was OK. From memory it was around £600 7 years ago incl doing sills.

Wraps may have come on since then but I can’t imagine it will look as good as painted black pack and you need to be careful with jet washes and the likes near edges.

You also need to have 100% confidence in the installer. I saw 2 Ferraris having a wrap removed before from 2 different installers and both had cut marks to paint underneath, so an expensive repair.

Photo of my Evora with wrap on roof and sills. Note the Evora windscreen pillars are already black. God I wish chrome orange was available on FE :cry:

294B342A-6511-4A88-9EE6-E4BC7179D57E.jpeg
535741C0-02C1-4501-84A6-369D979932FB.jpeg

Last edited:

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Had the roof wrapped on my original Evora . First attempt by dealer left some original paint showing through at edge so had to be removed and replaced again. This time it was OK. From memory it was around £600 7 years ago incl doing sills.

Wraps may have come on since then but I can’t imagine it will look as good as painted black pack and you need to be careful with jet washes and the likes near edges.

You also need to have 100% confidence in the installer. I saw 2 Ferraris having a wrap removed before from 2 different installers and both had cut marks to paint underneath, so an expensive repair.

Photo of my Evora with wrap on roof and sills. Note the Evora windscreen pillars are already black. God I wish chrome orange was available on FE :cry:

View attachment 599View attachment 600
Thats bloody gorgeous! Is chrome orange a solid colour or metallic?

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’ll make three brief comments about color:

1. that orange on your Evora is amazing!!!! Some colors just suit a car’s shape and posture to give it a wonderful presence. I don’t recall chrome orange, but I bet it would be magnificent on Emira.
2. I recall an Evora color that I believe was called Autumn Bronze. It was a metallic dark orange, and when paired with the black pack and silver alloy wheels was absolutely awesome.
3. let me offer an opinion RE a great red for Emira. Lotus has to look no further than Mazda and the metallic red they are currently using. It’s called Soul Red, and it is truly beautiful. One of the nicest ruby reds I’ve ever seen on a car. It glows in the sunlight but also retains some of that glow in the shade where other reds turn flat. If Magma red looks like Soul red, then we have a winner cosmetically. In fact, I’d forego the black pack just to see as much of that color on Emira as possible. Wow. Have a look lotus, since you’re holding back the identity of the next color choices, you’ve still got time to take suggestions. 😀

Reactions: DJW

rich64

Reaction score
The colour looks similar to the Ferrari Magma colour, looks good in the sunlight, a little bit unknown in the shade.
I was going yellow, now a little undecided. Such a big purchase, with an unknown outcome...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 8.56.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-03 at 8.56.14 AM.png
    257.4 KB · Views: 228

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think I may have said this before also, but I really do prefer the front fascia on this early Evora compared to the more open and angular front end of the later cars. It just fits and complements the smooth and flowing shape of the car overall. I also love the cream colored interior what a lovely car! Art!

Type25

Reaction score
The colour looks similar to the Ferrari Magma colour, looks good in the sunlight, a little bit unknown in the shade.
I was going yellow, now a little undecided. Such a big purchase, with an unknown outcome...
Maserati have the same colour known as Magma Rosso. The key thing to note is the burgundy colour is a triple Pearl finish so has depth of colour and a metallic sheen to it. As others have noted Mazda have done a good job of replicating it for far less cost. Hopefully the Emira colour is close to it.

Ra_

Reaction score
I was set on Nimbus grey but now second guessing after coming across this thread. The red renditions has the Emira looking like a baby Ferrari. Red with tan and black pack would look so classy.

torstin

Reaction score
If the red comes out like this it could be a game changer.
I hated the magma on the configerator.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

View attachment 599

This is a very good looking car. The setup is gorgeous. The interior, the wheels, the color. It is very cool indeed.

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll make three brief comments about color:

1. that orange on your Evora is amazing!!!! Some colors just suit a car’s shape and posture to give it a wonderful presence. I don’t recall chrome orange, but I bet it would be magnificent on Emira.
2. I recall an Evora color that I believe was called Autumn Bronze. It was a metallic dark orange, and when paired with the black pack and silver alloy wheels was absolutely awesome.
3. let me offer an opinion RE a great red for Emira. Lotus has to look no further than Mazda and the metallic red they are currently using. It’s called Soul Red, and it is truly beautiful. One of the nicest ruby reds I’ve ever seen on a car. It glows in the sunlight but also retains some of that glow in the shade where other reds turn flat. If Magma red looks like Soul red, then we have a winner cosmetically. In fact, I’d forego the black pack just to see as much of that color on Emira as possible. Wow. Have a look lotus, since you’re holding back the identity of the next color choices, you’ve still got time to take suggestions. 😀
Absolutely spot on with the Mazda Soul Red, it’s a stunning deep red and just glistens in sunlight. It would be an incredibly popular choice if they can get even remotely close.

ABARN

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see a paint sample and whether there's a metal flake within.
Nothing they are doing with the paint configuration / color representation seems accurate. The actual samples seem flat and lack the iridiscense glow that is show here .