• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

ABARN

Reaction score
Absolutely spot on with the Mazda Soul Red, it’s a stunning deep red and just glistens in sunlight. It would be an incredibly popular choice if they can get even remotely close.
They are not even remotely near the universe in that respect. Samples actual show weak LIFELESS red hue from the Evora

ABARN

Reaction score
The lighting in this rendering makes the color look like a deep red metallic, but the color in the configurator makes it look lighter with orange and even pink tones. What I don’t want to see is a red metallic reminiscent of the hum drum color one often sees on Toyota appliances like the Camry, Corolla or Prius. I think folks probably know the color to which I’m referring, which is bland and awful…like they wanted to make a red car but ran out of red tint. I admit, this magma red Emira looks sexy in this photo. Now I want to see the real McCoy (along with all the other colors, in the flesh)
THE SAMPLE THEY ARE CIRCULATING LOOKS TERRIBLE . THE SAME DEAD COLOR AS THE AWFUL FIRE RED THEY FLOPPED ON BEGORE

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Very true, this body style is going to look hot in Magma Red! I have this strong feeling the first Emira that rolls out in the Magma Red color, will make alot of people switching colors at the last minute! 😆 🤣
I think you may be right! I was not a fan of Magma until seeing the photos @TomE shared of the colour disc on the red exige. As well as looking great a colour needs to show off the form by accentuating rather than masking it; I think Magma will do that.

I am still really keen to go for the green but if it is too dark when I see it in the flesh I will have to re-think. (Again! 🤣)

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The red exige behind the color sample is fire red?

I've been debating wether to go with magma red or seneca blue for the past few weeks...

Fire red:
bc3f297643_1280.jpg

FloraFauna

Reaction score
Looks stunning to me and it seems to be virtually identical to Magma Red. I think it will look even better on the Emiras flowing lines.

I've completely changed my mind from Green to Red.

AndrewW

Reaction score
I think Magma will look fantastic in the sun, but a bit flat in the UK most of the time

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hopefully someone with a Soul Red car can get to a showroom and place it on their car for a comparison. That would be most helpful.

kbhoz

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Im am seriously torn between these two ( I have digitally created those colours based on some of those samples but it gives you an idea)

If both were parked in a carpark which one would you look at first :)

Attachments

• yelloworRed.jpg
    yelloworRed.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 287

torstin

Reaction score
Im am seriously torn between these two ( I have digitally created those colours based on some of those samples but it gives you an idea)

I talked myself into yellow after thinking blue would be most popular but now the samples and mock-ups here has convinced me to go for red. Your pic confirmed it for me so thanks.

Nonoyeah

Reaction score

I am going Magma… Blazing Miami sun is perfect for it. Unless of course they take my $5K offer for Venom Green from the Evija paint options.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm thinking this colour is looking like the Scarlet Red on the GR Yaris. Great in the sun, pretty flat otherwise.
IMG_7436.jpeg
IMG_4955.jpg

Last edited:

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Cheers Tom. I just can't decide. I'm booked in at Rybrook Solihull on the 11th, but have changed my mind on colour and interior so many times, I'm still non the wiser!
Hi, booked a viewing on the 12th at rybrook Solihull via a lotus email but heard nothing back. Did lotus call you about timings or did you call rybrook direct? Thanks

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I was set on blue, I’ve owned a yellow esprit gt3 in the past, which was lovely- but now I can’t decide between yellow or red thanks to your mock-up.🤨