Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another render but as this is part of a Lotus collaboration it's probably pretty accurate

View attachment 361
Any way to have the photo source issue another image taken in sunlight? I agree there are times Magma Red looks slightly pink and a salmon tone. I would like to see a true representation, and know if there is a metallic sheen versus solid finish.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Any way to have the photo source issue another image taken in sunlight? I agree there are times Magma Red looks slightly pink and a salmon tone. I would like to see a true representation, and know if there is a metallic sheen versus solid finish.
Salmon. Yes, that’s the description I was looking for. And it has no place on a sports car imho.

Speed2K

Reaction score
First post! I was hoping to see an actual Magma red photo from Lotus. Not a fan of the rendered colour, I think it looks too orangy. The CSR2 render though...wow!

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can someone with some photoshop skills possibly redo the magma red photo so it looks more like the colour from swatch rather than the configurator please?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Credit to Mickle on The Lotus Forums, these are based off my photos of the physical colour samples at the dealer roadshow

5BD0FD5D-2142-4E23-98E4-CCA10C10077A.jpeg
27F3DDC5-27E8-4318-BE02-F348FE72EC5A.jpeg

D51AC4BD-6959-4E11-85DE-79354348A590.jpeg

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Credit to Mickle on The Lotus Forums, these are based off my photos of the physical colour samples at the dealer roadshow

View attachment 557View attachment 558
View attachment 559
Those are really nice renderings. How does one do that. The initial pic of the color sample looked so much more bright, but this render gives the magma red a real depth. Looks a lot like a daytime version of that CS2? render from several days back.

Reactions: NDL

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Photoshop is the dark arts as far as I’m concerned! I rely on people with the expertise. It’s not easy to reproduce a metallic colour in a render so do treat them all as “artist’s impressions” despite the apparent photo-realism.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I very much doubt the red will have that level of gloss and 3D look to it - if it does I’m a buyer all day long

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Me too! Was convinced I’d go for leather interior but really liked the alcantara when I saw the blue show car again on Wednesday.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Me too! Was convinced I’d go for leather interior but really liked the alcantara when I saw the blue show car again on Wednesday.
I've always been a big fan of Alcantara - it says sports car to me, as well as have a quality feel and a technical fabric vibe.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Was it your impression that the red leather matches well with the magma red paint? One consideration for me is a white wrap which I would prefer to pair with a red leather interior. I could do this over Magma red, which I think would look best with tan, but if the red leather matched that would be a way to get two cohesive looks. What do you think?

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m very afraid of what alcantara will look in several years of daily driver use.