• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Magma Red Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Reaction score
Just playing with configurator. I was dead set on a black roof but am starting to think it looks much cleaner with a red roof. You still get the black around the engine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211009-153203__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-153203__01.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Screenshot_20211009-153209__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-153209__01.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 202

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have the same dilemma @CaptainSensible. As more information has come out about this color, and factoring in all the other elements of this choice, I’m leaning back towards magma red. Still conflicted with waiting for white with red interior (my pathetic grasp for youth 8^} )but…..tomorrow is promised to no one, so why wait? I was playing with the configurator last night and toggling back and forth between black pack, yes or know, and both choices have merit. No black pack and the car looks classic (with a GT quality—I’m wearing a suit in this one), particularly if the color is truly a deep red as recent pics might suggest. But the black pack makes it striking and sporty (sports car looking-I’m wearing jeans and a T-shirt with this one) and when paired with bright wheels really draws the eye downward to lower the car. OMG, I think this aspect of choosing is likely going to drive me crazy.

Rob

Reaction score
Agree, I was planning on the upper black pack for my green, after TomE posted various samples and renederings a little more accurate than the configurator I am going coloured roof. I could always get it vinyl wrapped black at a later date. I also want the silver lotus decal & exhaust tips as I’m going with the silver wheels.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Does anyone think this Ferrari is about hte same color as Magma red? The car has vaguely similar lines to the Emira so I found it interested to look. It’s a pretty red.

I follow this guy as he does an awesome job with PPF and his channel is a pleasure

Ferrai F8 Tributo

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have seen Fire Red (which is the same or close to Magma Red) in person and the color on the Ferrari is in the same ballpark. Lighting dramatically changes both colors.

Attachments

• 3AB6D673-444E-48AA-BA70-E68A8E297908.jpeg
    3AB6D673-444E-48AA-BA70-E68A8E297908.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 208

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Under direct sunlight Magma Red does look this bright in person. These pics were taken with iPhone 12 Pro and not edited.

Attachments

• C2B7F6A8-9F87-43F5-B7D6-352D8AE2919E.jpeg
    C2B7F6A8-9F87-43F5-B7D6-352D8AE2919E.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 20065797-A434-4084-93EB-4D3BA3DD523E.jpeg
    20065797-A434-4084-93EB-4D3BA3DD523E.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 5DA1DD5C-ED8D-4BCD-8018-78E64992DCDA.jpeg
    5DA1DD5C-ED8D-4BCD-8018-78E64992DCDA.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 201

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m honestly starting to think we’re seeing different samples. This is outside, using the red swatch from Melbourne.

971AD40F-3597-4E65-A616-69252F7A9453.jpeg
8A5C41BF-02C9-4E00-AC47-3F3E98A88BCE.jpeg

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
An observation….

In the early days of this forum, magma red was by far the least popular color. Probably because the early configurator made it look pretty unappealing. But since, it has really dominated the color discussion. Kind of ironic. No mater what we see in the end (bright vs dark, etc.) I think it will be a wonderful color.

G

Guest142

An observation….

In the early days of this forum, magma red was by far the least popular color. Probably because the early configurator made it look pretty unappealing. But since, it has really dominated the color discussion. Kind of ironic. No mater what we see in the end (bright vs dark, etc.) I think it will be a wonderful color.
I agree. I do prefer the darker color pictured above as the color sample. That's fantastic.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for asking. No, I'm working with Gator Motorsport.
Oh, that’s interesting. What was your reasoning for that decision? I remember hearing others working with them from a distance because they were really helpful. I just went with my closest dealer per lotus USA since initially I was told that where I ordered from would not make a difference. I assumed this would be particularly true for those of us who placed early deposits. Now I’m not so sure. In truth, I didn’t think any lotus dealer in the us really would have an allocation advantage over the others since they all have such low volumes. Since you live in Charlotte, NC, just a stones throw from Winston Salem, you must have perceived a substantial benefit to go all the way to Indianapolis. I’d appreciate hearing your insights.

G

Guest142

Oh, that’s interesting. What was your reasoning for that decision? I remember hearing others working with them from a distance because they were really helpful. I just went with my closest dealer per lotus USA since initially I was told that where I ordered from would not make a difference. I assumed this would be particularly true for those of us who placed early deposits. Now I’m not so sure. In truth, I didn’t think any lotus dealer in the us really would have an allocation advantage over the others since they all have such low volumes. Since you live in Charlotte, NC, just a stones throw from Winston Salem, you must have perceived a substantial benefit to go all the way to Indianapolis. I’d appreciate hearing your insights.
For me, it was as simple as pressing play on the reveal video, clicking a link, and calling a number as quickly as i could. Randomly it ended up being located where it is. I don't have any information about allocation or anything related to that. I just kept my eye out for information on a new car from Lotus weeks before the reveal video released. Only thing I knew was it was called the Type 131 and it was going to replace the Evora. Waited for the date, watched a vid, clicked a link, made a call. That simple.

I had no thoughts about allocation or any of that because at that point there was so little knowledge or information out. Also, I have zero information on which Lotus dealerships sell how much cars to know what dealer to contact or to know that information would be important. If Lotus has a dealer pecking order I don't even have a clue as to where Gator Motorsport sits on that list.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Pretty emphatic. Kudos to you. I’m excited for you and looking forward to seeing pictures of your car here on the forum. I’m being a little selfish though, as I think our configurations are the same.

G

Guest142

For me, it was as simple as pressing play on the reveal video, clicking a link, and calling a number as quickly as i could. Randomly it ended up being located where it is. I don't have any information about allocation or anything related to that. I just kept my eye out for information on a new car from Lotus weeks before the reveal video released. Only thing I knew was it was called the Type 131 and it was going to replace the Evora. Waited for the date, watched a vid, clicked a link, made a call. That simple.

I had no thoughts about allocation or any of that because at that point there was so little knowledge or information out. Also, I have zero information on which Lotus dealerships sell how much cars to know what dealer to contact or to know that information would be important. If Lotus has a dealer pecking order I don't even have a clue as to where Gator Motorsport sits on that list.

Pretty emphatic. Kudos to you. I’m excited for you and looking forward to seeing pictures of your car here on the forum. I’m being a little selfish though, as I think our configurations are the same.
I have my favorites but I can safely say all color options are still on the table for me.

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Do you reckon the brake caliper red is a different shade than the magma red body color?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Do you reckon the brake caliper red is a different shade than the magma red body color?

Yes, it's a solid red gloss not a metallic and it's a slightly different shade. It's probably closer to Magma Red than the yellow calipers are to Hethel Yellow.

Brake calipers.JPG

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, it's a solid red gloss not a metallic and it's a slightly different shade. It's probably closer to Magma Red than the yellow calipers are to Hethel Yellow.

View attachment 2693
Thanks for that. Well in that case, I probably shouldnt go with red calipers and magma red body paint... Choices, choices, choices....

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have seen Fire Red (which is the same or close to Magma Red) in person and the color on the Ferrari is in the same ballpark. Lighting dramatically changes both colors.
That’s a beautiful car, the color is fantastic 🤩 Great picture. I have seen a close up of Magma red next to a similar car and didn’t like it. However from farther away it looks incredible… Thanks 🙏 !!!