Lotus February Update (email)

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Big. Miss.
#ForTheMiss

1. This insinuates (to me at least) that there is some sort of monthly update. There hasn’t been.

2. Three things in the email.
A. Advanced Performance
B. Type 132
C. Emira Japan
We know even less about 2/3 of these items now with this “update” and simply have more questions.

3. How about something more concrete for, I dunno, say US Allocations? Maybe i4 something…

Big. Miss.
#ForTheMiss

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Big. Miss.
#ForTheMiss

1. This insinuates (to me at least) that there is some sort of monthly update. There hasn’t been.

A. Advanced Performance
B. Type 132
C. Emira Japan
We know even less about 2/3 of these items now with this “update” and simply have more questions.

3. How about something more concrete for, I dunno, say US Allocations? Maybe i4 something…

Big. Miss.
#ForTheMiss

At least you got an email...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A summary of three already-issued press releases. Missed opportunity.

What about:
  • the write up promised from Gavan to help with suspension choices
  • where the show cars are touring next and how to get to see them
  • countdown to production starting on 7 March - we're all excited
  • first press review will be on Top Gear on xx March
  • when i4 info, specs, pricing is going to be published
  • when we'll be contacting UK people with deposits from mid July 2021 onwards to tell you about delivery dates
  • we know we didn't contact many of you in January like we promised last year, we'll be in touch in March (possibly, or we might delay it again)
  • what's actually happening with US deposits, allocations, orders, timing
...except we've already published most of that on here :)

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Big. Miss.
#ForTheMiss

A. Advanced Performance
B. Type 132
C. Emira Japan

Big. Miss.
#ForTheMiss
I got the same e-mail this morning too. At this point I expect the news about my build order and eventually that my Emira has arrived and is ready for pickup at the dealership to come via this forum :cool:. Thank goodness or I would have been #50 instead of #5 on my dealership list for the 132 after I called and signed up for every list there was for the 132 months ago lol.

OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I got the same e-mail this morning too. At this point I expect the news about my build order and eventually that my Emira has arrived and is ready for pickup at the dealership to come via this forum :cool:. Thank goodness or I would have been #50 instead of #5 on my dealership list for the 132 after I called and signed up for every list there was for the 132 months ago lol.
Right. Exactly.

But now that the T132 is also leaking Lotus should be a bit more sensitive to what they’re sending.

It was basically nothing. I’d rather have nothing.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

What about:
  • when we'll be contacting UK people with deposits from mid July 2021 onwards to tell you about delivery dates
  • we know we didn't contact many of you in January like we promised last year, we'll be in touch in March (possibly, or we might delay it again)
Short on news like February is short on days.
What did the Groundhog say -- six more weeks of obfuscation?
Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
1644981592312.gif

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

What about:
this ^

I have given them the benefit of the doubt and not been vocal up until now - but after you guys visiting the factory and telling them what they needed to do and them agreeing - and still nothing..

Communications head needs replacing... they have such excitement with this car and they are going to screw it up very fast - you can feel the enthusiasm turning to annoyance on this forum too.

Matt or Scott - if you are reading this - I know you have a good order book - but you will screw up future sales of EVs etc if you don't get this sorted soon

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
this ^

I have given them the benefit of the doubt and not been vocal up until now - but after you guys visiting the factory and telling them what they needed to do and them agreeing - and still nothing..

Communications head needs replacing... they have such excitement with this car and they are going to screw it up very fast - you can feel the enthusiasm turning to annoyance on this forum too.

Matt or Scott - if you are reading this - I know you have a good order book - but you will screw up future sales of EVs etc if you don't get this sorted soon
Phil Popham left early last year, I assume it's these chaps (James Andrew in particular) https://www.thelotusforums.com/late...r-team-with-new-comms-pr-marketing-directors/

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I suspect the "Feb update" email is a general Lotus PR update to anyone on their database. I don't think it's just targeted at Emira deposit holders.

So yes, the comms to Emira depositors is basically zero still.

OP
TXEMIRA

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I suspect the "Feb update" email is a general Lotus PR update to anyone on their database. I don't think it's just targeted at Emira deposit holders.

So yes, the comms to Emira depositors is basically zero still.
#EvenWorse