DV Emira

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m well overdue doing this as I had the car home delivered 8th February but that has at least given me time to do 2600 miles and make sure it’s a keeper.

For context I bought this to be a daily driver, to replace a BMW M5 which I had for two years, and only sold a couple of weeks ago to be sure I could live with the Emira – so that’s as big of a vote of confidence I could give the Lotus. I usually do 15k miles a year. It’s as much the change to manual than anything as I’ve had auto/dct for as long as I can remember. It’s my first Lotus, and when I saw the launch, I was sold.

Spec is DV, Full Black Pack, Diamond Cut Wheels, Tour, Privacy Glass, Alcantara wheel and interior (yellow stitching) + Red Callipers

So, let’s get the issues out of the way first.

Cosmetically, with home delivery, it’s clear this was below par. As a result, there were several what I’d call minor issues to sort out. A scratched offside rear air vent and a mark on the rear diffuser being the most obvious. Some other marks were sorted by a detailer and the PPF co. ( I had Partial PPF done in Week 2 of ownership, followed by ceramic coating in Week 3). Then the SOS alert started up.
To sort the minor issues took two dealer visits to JCT600 – the first to assess, the second to sort. No bother was loaned an Exige then a Levante. The second visit ended up providing 4 software updates, one of which was designed to sort the SOS alert out – it’s only partially sorted. Not sure what the other updates were for.

Otherwise, all good

What I’ve enjoyed most about the car then, obviously the looks, but the way it drives just puts a smile on my face, sure it’s not as brutally quick as the M5 but that’s probably a license saver. It steers, stops, brakes, and feels just great. The tech is just fine (esp. the dash widgets) , the stereo decent, visibility good, refinement okay, sounds good especially in Sport, my go to mode. MPG averaged around 24 so far. Driving position is top notch and the cabin quality is decent – not quite as ‘hewn from rock’ as the M5 feels but certainly good enough.

What annoys me seems to be common to most here – the rear hatch dripping water in after it rains if you lift it without thinking, it gets dirty quickly on the sills and rear, it does need quite a few revs to avoid stalling in first. On first drive I thought aw bollocks it’s too noisy at motorway speeds, but I’ve soon got used to that and if I’m not careful it’s too easy to hit the rev limiter. I’ve not yet driven it in torrential rain so I don’t know how the wipers will perform either. Weirdly when very cold temps in Feb it felt like there were a few creaks from somewhere, but I’ve not noticed these at all in recent weeks.
Practically wise it will soon be put to the test with a Euro Road Trip towards the end of the month, I’ll report back when back home, I expect it will be well over 5000 miles by then.

Emira lake pic.jpg

Attachments

• Emira lake pic.jpg
    Emira lake pic.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 517

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great to hear your thoughts from a fellow DV owner. Interesting you had a bunch of software updates - I am still keen to understand if you can look on the car menus to see what software version the car has installed (like you could on a phone or pc). I’ll have a dig around.

The M5 is a serious car so the Emira has done well to stay in your garage ! Enjoy 😉

Reactions: PJS

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m super pumped for full daily driving updates. 30k miles in 24 months will surely tell the whole story. Enjoy!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’m well overdue doing this as I had the car home delivered 8th February but that has at least given me time to do 2600 miles and make sure it’s a keeper.

For context I bought this to be a daily driver, to replace a BMW M5 which I had for two years, and only sold a couple of weeks ago to be sure I could live with the Emira – so that’s as big of a vote of confidence I could give the Lotus. I usually do 15k miles a year. It’s as much the change to manual than anything as I’ve had auto/dct for as long as I can remember. It’s my first Lotus, and when I saw the launch, I was sold.

Spec is DV, Full Black Pack, Diamond Cut Wheels, Tour, Privacy Glass, Alcantara wheel and interior (yellow stitching) + Red Callipers

So, let’s get the issues out of the way first.

Cosmetically, with home delivery, it’s clear this was below par. As a result, there were several what I’d call minor issues to sort out. A scratched offside rear air vent and a mark on the rear diffuser being the most obvious. Some other marks were sorted by a detailer and the PPF co. ( I had Partial PPF done in Week 2 of ownership, followed by ceramic coating in Week 3). Then the SOS alert started up.
To sort the minor issues took two dealer visits to JCT600 – the first to assess, the second to sort. No bother was loaned an Exige then a Levante. The second visit ended up providing 4 software updates, one of which was designed to sort the SOS alert out – it’s only partially sorted. Not sure what the other updates were for.

Otherwise, all good

What I’ve enjoyed most about the car then, obviously the looks, but the way it drives just puts a smile on my face, sure it’s not as brutally quick as the M5 but that’s probably a license saver. It steers, stops, brakes, and feels just great. The tech is just fine (esp. the dash widgets) , the stereo decent, visibility good, refinement okay, sounds good especially in Sport, my go to mode. MPG averaged around 24 so far. Driving position is top notch and the cabin quality is decent – not quite as ‘hewn from rock’ as the M5 feels but certainly good enough.

What annoys me seems to be common to most here – the rear hatch dripping water in after it rains if you lift it without thinking, it gets dirty quickly on the sills and rear, it does need quite a few revs to avoid stalling in first. On first drive I thought aw bollocks it’s too noisy at motorway speeds, but I’ve soon got used to that and if I’m not careful it’s too easy to hit the rev limiter. I’ve not yet driven it in torrential rain so I don’t know how the wipers will perform either. Weirdly when very cold temps in Feb it felt like there were a few creaks from somewhere, but I’ve not noticed these at all in recent weeks.
Practically wise it will soon be put to the test with a Euro Road Trip towards the end of the month, I’ll report back when back home, I expect it will be well over 5000 miles by then.

View attachment 25124
Looking forward to hearing more from a fellow DV on Touring chassis owner! I share your views on the driving experience - there's nothing quite like it (that I've driven...)

OP
PJS

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great to hear your thoughts from a fellow DV owner. Interesting you had a bunch of software updates - I am still keen to understand if you can look on the car menus to see what software version the car has installed (like you could on a phone or pc). I’ll have a dig around.

The M5 is a serious car so the Emira has done well to stay in your garage ! Enjoy 😉
Yeah good shout on the updates let me know how you get on.

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah good shout on the updates let me know how you get on.
Had a big dig around the car menus and can’t find any way to see what version of the software the car has loaded 😞

OP
PJS

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
UPDATE - Just back from ROADTRIP. Yorkshire > Maidstone > Dijon > Interlaken > Bellagio > Davos > Lucerne > Frankfurt > Nurburgring > home. Just under 2500 miles in total averaging 25 mpg, including 600 miles on final day and some high speen autobahn . NO ISSUES - apart from the wipers not going as quick as they should but even that is intermittent. Total mileage since delivery is now over 5000. Pic in the snow was an early morning drive over the fluela pass - both ways. Also did the bernina pass. More pics on my insta @jackopj
IMG_6958.jpg
racetracker_21401186_336531 (1).jpg

Attachments

• racetracker_21401186_336531 (1).jpg
    racetracker_21401186_336531 (1).jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6958.jpg
    IMG_6958.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 22

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Some context to share, hope you enjoy it!

IMG_20230509_144915089_HDR_Original.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_144824731_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20230509_144824731_Original.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20230509_144347530_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20230509_144347530_Original.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20230509_144809746_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20230509_144809746_Original.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20230509_144406359_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20230509_144406359_Original.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20230509_151721464_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20230509_151721464_Original.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20230509_144110390_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20230509_144110390_Original.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 87
OP
PJS

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
6000 miles now, will i be the first to have the 10000 mile service I wonder? that'll be around September I reckon. . Here's a ring pic to savour too.
racetracker_21365268_336535 v2.jpg

OP
PJS

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did you overtake the vw beetles behind you ? 😀

Haha The older blue one - yes, he was taking it easy, in contrast the red and white one streaked past me; I'm no regular track guy and was pretty terrified for most of the 5 laps I managed.

OP
PJS

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
8200 miles now. Only thing to report since last update is the wipers have started going faster and I've given it a vac out. . Not even had to put any air in the tyres since week two and hasn't used any oil that I can see. Heading up to Scotland in it next weekend ;-)

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
it does need quite a few revs to avoid stalling in first
Just noticed this line from your original post back in April; funny — I had the same impression during my test drive last month! I actually stalled the car at my first traffic light, and struggled to pull away from a stop smoothly for the rest of the drive. And not saying I'm some incredible driver or anything, but I do daily drive a manual transmission vehicle which I've owned for the past 10 years...

In any case, after my experience I chalked it up to maybe I'm just not used to sports car clutches / clutch pedals, but now after hearing someone else mention the same issue, I wonder if there's something weird about the Emira's clutch / 1st gear? 🤷‍♂️

OP
PJS

PJS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just noticed this line from your original post back in April; funny — I had the same impression during my test drive last month! I actually stalled the car at my first traffic light, and struggled to pull away from a stop smoothly for the rest of the drive. And not saying I'm some incredible driver or anything, but I do daily drive a manual transmission vehicle which I've owned for the past 10 years...

In any case, after my experience I chalked it up to maybe I'm just not used to sports car clutches / clutch pedals, but now after hearing someone else mention the same issue, I wonder if there's something weird about the Emira's clutch / 1st gear? 🤷‍♂️
I'm confident it's just about getting used to it, I'd been in autos' for years with the odd random manual hire car, nothing to be concerned about.