Lotus again delays FE delivery for me.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You guys really shouldn’t bother. He thought up an excuse for Lotus, posted the excuse for Lotus and proceeded to defend this imagined excuse…which would you believe it isn’t even the reason for the delay!

In his words he’s bringing balance to the forum like some modern day internet Jedi.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So if Lotus communicates the issues, you simply don't believe them? That's also an approach. You might have forgotten, but there was something else that changes a few things for a few people. It started roughly two years ago and is called Corona. Now even though some of us don't care about that or even radicalized and think they have to run down the streets every Monday screaming that the establishment played games with us, it is still around and still a thread. If you look at China for example (this country in Asia where Geely is from, which owns Lotus and supplies them with a lot of parts for the Emira), they are locking everything down at this very moment and even stop exports.
There are so many things going on that it could happen that you find yourself in a situation where your supply chain switches from everything being fine to getting not a single piece delivered from one day to another.
All you say is true.... and as for Covid.... I am effected by it every day.... its to do with my illness

Many think lotus still need to do better with coms

Lotus knew from last year the car was a hit... the numbers they had to deal with

Yes the world has changed, but they gave people the expectation of when to expect the car.... delivery dates ? oh we sold to many cars, as an explenation.... weak

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Comms are bad for sure and probably the wording in the mail that explained the delays was bad as well. They should have stated that the ramp-up of production happens slower than expected, because that is definitely one reason for the delay, maybe the only reason.
They should be more clear in their comms and they should share a bit more info about the car, especially detailed pricing of all the extras, pictures of all colors and interior trims and some more information about things like suspension. I just don't know how many times we want to discuss those things all over again? Lotus knows about all this and to be fair it's nothing special about that lack of information for the first few early adopters, even in normal times. Why do people that get their cars in a year from now even bother about a lack of infos or reviews? That's just inpatient. Nevertheless it's only a few weeks until production car reviews. Maybe we will then get some pictures as well. Let's just give them those few weeks.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It is possible to be an ardent, lifelong supporter of Lotus and constructively critical of things they are doing or not doing.

Many of the threads on this forum are people seeking information or clarification on things they can’t find anywhere from Lotus. Those range from details about the car to the process for ordering and status updates. We all try and help each other. I agree some people’s expectations can be unrealistic, given where Lotus are in the launch cycle. But mostly people are curious, interested and hungry for more info.

Some threads do include people expressing frustration with the lack of info from Lotus - expecting people to restrict those comments to a Complaints thread is a tad unrealistic. Sometimes whole threads start because of the info gaps or frustrations - for example when Lotus announce a delay that affects every customer. It’s Lotus who created that situation, not the people on this forum. They’re just expressing how it impacts on them.

In other circumstances this place would be devoid of threads seeking info and instead people eagerly (Eagle7-y?) awaiting delivery of their cars. A few more factory tours, press reviews, pictures of FE colours, updates from Lotus with a bit of content and we might just be able to “keep calm” until first customer cars arrive and we have some owner feedback to digest.
Constructively critical are the key words. That's completely different from mocking and belittling, you know like this:

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 8.49.16 AM.png

And as you'll note, it's the same few doing this sort of thing, then "liking" each other. It's not hard to figure out who they are.

I'm completely supportive of "constructively critical" as evidenced by going to the trouble (and spending a few dollars), to create better render images when it was immediately obvious their original configurator simply wasn't reliable to make color choices. Do you think my renders (which they acknowledged they had seen) had a possibly positive effect on them getting a much improved configurator in place? Would things have been different if I had simply complained about it over and over, resorting to mocking and belittling them?

I understand frustration and dissatisfaction, but there's a way to put things to try and improve the situation instead of making it worse.

I recently watched a fascinating video of a discussion between Jordan Peterson and Claire Lehmann, the founding editor of Quillette magazine, about the effects of different personality types on groups and meetings. They talked about what happens when aggressive types come in and start trying to dominate the discussion. The moderate types eventually get tired of the aggression, stop talking and start to leave. The passive types never participate because they don't want to be confrontational. They leave too. Eventually whatever discussion and enthusiasm was there originally, is no longer there and it comes to an end, or just becomes a rallying point for those who agree with the aggressors. Both her and Jordan talked about the hostility they receive simply because some people don't agree or like what they may or may not have said. It seems this is now a world-wide, societal phenomenon, with the cancel culture and all effecting everything everywhere.

Strange times.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Constructively critical are the key words. That's completely different from mocking and belittling, you know like this:

View attachment 4652

And as you'll note, it's the same few doing this sort of thing, then "liking" each other. It's not hard to figure out who they are.

I'm completely supportive of "constructively critical" as evidenced by going to the trouble (and spending a few dollars), to create better render images when it was immediately obvious their original configurator simply wasn't reliable to make color choices. Do you think my renders (which they acknowledged they had seen) had a possibly positive effect on them getting a much improved configurator in place? Would things have been different if I had simply complained about it over and over, resorting to mocking and belittling them?

I understand frustration and dissatisfaction, but there's a way to put things to try and improve the situation instead of making it worse.

I recently watched a fascinating video of a discussion between Jordan Peterson and Claire Lehmann, the founding editor of Quillette magazine, about the effects of different personality types on groups and meetings. They talked about what happens when aggressive types come in and start trying to dominate the discussion. The moderate types eventually get tired of the aggression, stop talking and start to leave. The passive types never participate because they don't want to be confrontational. They leave too. Eventually whatever discussion and enthusiasm was there originally, is no longer there and it comes to an end, or just becomes a rallying point for those who agree with the aggressors. Both her and Jordan talked about the hostility they receive simply because some people don't agree or like what they may or may not have said. It seems this is now a world-wide, societal phenomenon, with the cancel culture and all effecting everything everywhere.

Strange times.

Here's some constructive criticism for you:
Know when a comment is aimed at you vs one aimed at Lotus.

TomE was talking about Lotus. Xen was talking about you. Both can be true and in my opinion both are true.

You have a tendency to just make up excuses. They're logical, sure, but they're baseless. They're educated guesses at best, but presented as factual evidence. You don't even state that it's your opinion, you just say "of course it's ______."

It's Ironic that you mentioned the video about Jordan Peterson, because it gets tiresome to continue to argue against dogma. I'll do it for a short while and then tend to just avoid the posts/threads as I don't have time nor interest. It's like discussing/debating politics or religion. Easier to ignore when you see there's no hope.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
People are getting ‘ratty’ due to the wait for their Emira. I can’t wait until the first one is delivered, the pictures are flooding this forum and everyone is asking that first customer for 1001 details about his/her/non-binary’s 1st drive in her/him/it. Then everyone will be back in love with one another 😀

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nothing wrong with being a fan boy

But Lotus need to do whats right by customer..... clear and honest communications..... which once again they have not..... Nothing to do wether they get lambasted for it.... its there JOB
Yes.... but still hope one day to get a Lotus.... and friends are still in for the ride......

Sorry if you realy think this has any thing to with demand ? .... and if it turns out to be so..... they knew how many car they had to build for first batch some time ago.... long before thing in the world changed

They clearly know how many cars they had to build for the first batch, and if they had not got parts ready for at least the first batch ? something is wrong.....

Plaese dont start explianing about demand etc..... I am not some kind of simpleton

Oh and yes, clearly getting out looked like the right thing..... good chance I would be still waiting this time next year... but would still like to hope one day to buy a Lotus car.... and the company be in a better shape.
I actually think you are, as you have no idea about current world supply

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Here's some constructive criticism for you:
Know when a comment is aimed at you vs one aimed at Lotus.

TomE was talking about Lotus. Xen was talking about you. Both can be true and in my opinion both are true.

You have a tendency to just make up excuses. They're logical, sure, but they're baseless. They're educated guesses at best, but presented as factual evidence. You don't even state that it's your opinion, you just say "of course it's ______."

It's Ironic that you mentioned the video about Jordan Peterson, because it gets tiresome to continue to argue against dogma. I'll do it for a short while and then tend to just avoid the posts/threads as I don't have time nor interest. It's like discussing/debating politics or religion. Easier to ignore when you see there's no hope.
I do actually know that, which is why I try and use hypotheticals to illustrate a point rather than make it personal. You and a few others think they're excuses and baseless. It's a conversational/debate technique to try and keep things objective.

The position of not seeing hope is one of the reasons why discussions aren't really discussions anymore; they're combat. Each combatant takes the position that their mission is to defeat the other's position, so it's an argument rather than a debate or conversation. Nobody seems to consider the idea that maybe it's a learning opportunity, to learn something they didn't see or know before, even if it's just a different perspective on something they think they already know. All of this is actually to the detriment of society, which is largely the reason why things are so hostile and combative now. Nobody is seeking to learn; only to conquer.

And on that note, I will say thank you for choosing to reply in a civil manner, and I will take your comments under advisement.

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I do actually know that, which is why I try and use hypotheticals to illustrate a point rather than make it personal. You and a few others think they're excuses and baseless. It's a conversational/debate technique to try and keep things objective.

The position of not seeing hope is one of the reasons why discussions aren't really discussions anymore; they're combat. Each combatant takes the position that their mission is to defeat the other's position, so it's an argument rather than a debate or conversation. Nobody seems to consider the idea that maybe it's a learning opportunity, to learn something they didn't see or know before, even if it's just a different perspective on something they think they already know. All of this is actually to the detriment of society, which is largely the reason why things are so hostile and combative now. Nobody is seeking to learn; only to conquer.

And on that note, I will say thank you for choosing to reply in a civil manner, and I will take your comments under advisement.
I agree, Ive had lotus all my life and its a life choice, Ive always bought without driving any car? because its special and you love it flaws and all

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Both previous cars I owned I bought without driving them first. I read the reviews and was confident that the cas fit what I need in terms of the overall package. If any one thing I didn't like, that wasn't really all that important in the grand scheme of things. I do see that if someone is looking for something very specific, then a test drive beforehand is important.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I ordered my 2010 Camaro in May of 2009 before they were even in production. I knew I wanted one just from the concept car. Their configurator was terrible, but I knew I wanted a dark blue SS with a manual. Ordered it without ever seeing an actual car or driving one. It's still in my garage.

My Alfa Romeo experience was the complete opposite. I saw an ad for one on TV and thought "that looks pretty good, I'll have to go check one out". Found out there was an Alfa dealer locally, drove over there and after doing a test drive, wound up buying it the next day. I still have that car too, and it's been my daily driver since September of 2017. I'm keeping it, and adding the Emira.

For me it's an instinctive feeling that I've learned to listen to over the years. Whenever I've ignored it, I've regretted it. I had that feeling when I first saw the Emira. I thought "I should do some research on it" but I had this very strong feeling that I needed to call a dealer and put down a deposit right then and there, so I looked up Park Place in Bellevue and called. They took my deposit and I was number 46.

When the allocations for the FE were announced, Park Place was getting 45 cars. My sales guy told me to be ready, because his manager said there was a very good chance there would be some dropouts, and there were, so I just made it in and my order is in at Lotus. Had I ignored my instinct and delayed making the call, I wouldn't be getting an FE.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that we'll get our cars when we get them.

Timeline-wise, I've accepted it's just "TBD".

There are simply too many variables at play (continual R&D, supply issues, releasing and focusing on other models, building up a bigger dealership network, etc.,) and I think LOTUS simply doesn't have the bandwidth right now to deal with all of it.

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
People understand “delays”, it’s the poor comms & lack of transparency when a firm is holding huge amounts of deposits which is the “challenge” here.
Daily people can keep “securing their FE” via the Lotus website with no other comms than “arriving Spring 2022”, then they land in a black hole of zero comms.
I have a BMW & a Porsche on order & both have been brilliant at explaining “lead time”, delays due to “market conditions” & updating on revised expected delivery times - how you communicate is so important.
I’m keeping my deposit in for the Emira (paid in 2021), but I’ve lost a lot of confidence around the brand & wider strategy tbh (is it even a Sports car brand moving forward, focus seems to be on other vehicles coming out of China).

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that we'll get our cars when we get them.

Timeline-wise, I've accepted it's just "TBD".

There are simply too many variables at play (continual R&D, supply issues, releasing and focusing on other models, building up a bigger dealership network, etc.,) and I think LOTUS simply doesn't have the bandwidth right now to deal with all of it.
Better to do one thing well......than many things badly

Blue97

Reaction score
I was originally told July completion and just received an email saying completion has been delayed until late July , so quite happy ! I ordered with the Silver wheels , maybe they have some !
I ordered an EQS Merc through a lease company and was told Dec delivery- finally arrived in March - shortage of chips etc . Also told before delivery that several of the options were not now on the car but that there would be no reduction in price !! Such good customer relations lol ! Makes Lotus seem not so bad.

OP
C

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Lotus order was confirmed this week so that's good. Still sticking with 1st Q 2023 delivery date.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I know someone who ordered a brand new Audi and they have waited 4 months to then get told that unfortunately your batch has been completely cancelled. Ouch

Not even you got to wait an extra month or two just your now at the back of a new queue. Makes me feel a little bit better 😊

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I know someone who ordered a brand new Audi and they have waited 4 months to then get told that unfortunately your batch has been completely cancelled. Ouch

Not even you got to wait an extra month or two just your now at the back of a new queue. Makes me feel a little bit better 😊
Brutal that’s terrible 😢

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 4693I received a thorough response from Lotus regarding the delivery dates of the Emira. This is in line with what the members here have been told! (Which is great.)
Actually this says that the dealers are free to rearrange the order of order/delivery any way they choose.