Lotus again delays FE delivery for me.

Sirtreeman

Reaction score
First my FE V6 was going to be here this spring, then November timeframe, now they say the order is going in this week and I will get the car in early 2023! I replied "At some point Lotus actually has to deliver a product". Anyway, frustrating but what can you do. I don't want anything else.
I’ve just been informed that I can expect delivery in 2023. No further details than that. I made the deposit in mid August. I can’t recall what they were saying about delivery at the time but it sure wasn’t 2023. I’ve decide to go and have a factory tour and see if it’s going to be worth the wait. Must also say that I only got this info after pushing them after a really poor you’ll get it when you get it response.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve just been informed that I can expect delivery in 2023. No further details than that. I made the deposit in mid August. I can’t recall what they were saying about delivery at the time but it sure wasn’t 2023. I’ve decide to go and have a factory tour and see if it’s going to be worth the wait. Must also say that I only got this info after pushing them after a really poor you’ll get it when you get it response.

Maybe they bump you back a month every time you contact them asking for updates? 🙃

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Are you V6 or i4?

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
I am a June delivery who has now been pushed to July. I asked Lotus CC if they could say when in July; no commitment except that I am likely to be late July. Will be travelling a lot in July and Aug'; so have asked handover to be moved to early Sep on the new UK registration. Will give me more time to see how the first deliveries are and get a proper test drive.

Hope someone else is happy to be moved up the queue :)

Sirtreeman

Reaction score
Giving Lotus money to satisfy yourself that the wait is worthwhile seems a bit backwards. Doesn’t seem unreasonable that Lotus offers free tours for early deposit holders - some of us put down deposits within a week of launch and are now being told ‘hopefully some time in 2023’ - that’s a year longer than Lotus were indicating at the time.
can't say I disagree that those with deposits should get the tour comp'd, but maybe wouldn't insult posters in giving my opinion

TrickeeKiYay

Reaction score
can't say I disagree that those with deposits should get the tour comp'd, but maybe wouldn't insult posters in giving my opinion
Definitely wasn’t intending on insulting anyone here - apologies if my message came across that way. I’ll delete it.

Last edited: