Lotus again delays FE delivery for me.

OP
C

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hm.. I just submitted my spec and 2nd deposit to Lotus of NJ and still being told ~November for delivery. Maybe your dealer is just under promising in hopes to over deliver?
Yes, that could definitely be the case.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, that could definitely be the case.
What dealer did you place your deposit with? I too am Lotus of North Jersey and submitted final order last month and expect delivery in October/November... I'm hoping your dealer didn't get early info from Lotus of another delay... if you're number 4 for an FE, something is fishy... :-( (Unless your dealer is a very low allocation and only getting 1 or 2 a month for the first while...)

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hm.. I just submitted my spec and 2nd deposit to Lotus of NJ and still being told ~November for delivery. Maybe your dealer is just under promising in hopes to over deliver?
Or that dealer doesn’t have any additional allocation to yield a more timely delivery…

OP
C

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What dealer did you place your deposit with? I too am Lotus of North Jersey and submitted final order last month and expect delivery in October/November... I'm hoping your dealer didn't get early info from Lotus of another delay... if you're number 4 for an FE, something is fishy... :-( (Unless your dealer is a very low allocation and only getting 1 or 2 a month for the first while...)
I don't want to put the dealer out here in on a public forum. I think most likely they are under promising just in case.

OP
C

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Understood... good luck! I can't wait until we all get our cars!
Oh yeah, I can't wait. I have sales guys here at Porsche and Audi who all want to see it when it comes in. Should be great to drive and look forward to it.

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
One of the dealers I spoke with spelled it out, 8 months from order placement to customer delivery for this first wave. He’s hoping that drops once production ramps up and they get past the FE’s but he’s sticking with the 8 month delivery time.

Schumacher

Reaction score
Every car manufacturer is having delivery delays because of the shortages. It is what it is. Just be happy that you are getting a FE. I was #12 and it was not enough to get a FE at my dealership.

Reactions: DJS

Liz

Reaction score
First my FE V6 was going to be here this spring, then November timeframe, now they say the order is going in this week and I will get the car in early 2023! I replied "At some point Lotus actually has to deliver a product". Anyway, frustrating but what can you do. I don't want anything else.
Is this for the US? Just to put things in perspective, I placed the second Emira deposit in California, fifth in the US, on July 6, 2021 within 30 minutes of the reveal (it wasn't even over yet, lol). I placed my order for a V6 Manual FE on Monday, February 14, 2022. I received my order confirmation from Lotus on March 3, 2022. My expected delivery date is sometime in December 2022. (Though there is an update from my dealer regarding delivery dates today.)

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is this for the US? Just to put things in perspective, I placed the second Emira deposit in California, fifth in the US, on July 6, 2021 within 30 minutes of the reveal (it wasn't even over yet, lol). I placed my order for a V6 Manual FE on Monday, February 14, 2022. I received my order confirmation from Lotus on March 3, 2022. My expected delivery date is sometime in December 2022. (Though there is an update from my dealer regarding delivery dates today.)
My dealer told me that Lotus has stated they will begin U.S. deliveries in November and first editions will run through January - February.

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My dealer told me that Lotus has stated they will begin U.S. deliveries in November and first editions will run through January - February.

Interesting. Are you both confirmed getting the first deliveries? I'm not asking what place you are in line, but as you may be aware, Lotus is allocating limited quantities overall but they're broken down by month. For example, my dealer is only getting X cars in the first shipment, which basically includes my car and the dealer demo.

I was told September when my ordered was placed over a month ago. Then I read some people stating that they were told October. Now I'm reading November/December from you. I mean, whenever the car comes here is when I'll get it, but just curious if you know the specifics of your order with your respective dealers.

Also, Liz, you mentioned you received confirmation from Lotus. Was this a direct email or are you referring to the email that the dealer gets of the submission, which they forwarded to you? Thanks!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
According to my guy at Park Place, September is when Lotus will begin production of the 700 FE's allocated for North America. Park Place is getting their allotment of 45 cars in 3 batches; 15 in October, 15 in November, and 15 in December. The orders for the first 15 cars were made last month which will be the ones delivered in October. The orders for the next 15 are this month, and they'll be delivered in November; this is the batch my order is in (just made it!). The orders for the last batch will be next month, and those cars will be delivered in December.

At least this is where things stand at the moment.

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Interesting. Are you both confirmed getting the first deliveries? I'm not asking what place you are in line, but as you may be aware, Lotus is allocating limited quantities overall but they're broken down by month. For example, my dealer is only getting X cars in the first shipment, which basically includes my car and the dealer demo.

I was told September when my ordered was placed over a month ago. Then I read some people stating that they were told October. Now I'm reading November/December from you. I mean, whenever the car comes here is when I'll get it, but just curious if you know the specifics of your order with your respective dealers.

Also, Liz, you mentioned you received confirmation from Lotus. Was this a direct email or are you referring to the email that the dealer gets of the submission, which they forwarded to you? Thanks!
My actual order was submitted to Lotus by the dealer on March 7. I was originally told to expect delivery in September/October, but today learned to expect it in November.

Last edited:

Liz

Reaction score

Yeah, my order is one of the first deliveries - that I confirmed with Lotus. (Thank God for my insider girl Tammy. 😅) My dealership has had some turnover regarding their point person for Emiras, so when I talked to the new new guy today he said “June”. I told him to go check on that because it’s really inconsistent with every other bit of info I’ve received so far. So, he’s checking.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
yes fe u.s. will be dec january . I was told v6 base orders on 1st run orders dec with deliveries june july 2023

Andrew

Reaction score
Will any customer car be delivered this summer? :)
Sorry but this just seem to be delaying on and on and on... initially they said spring... now it seems we'll not see a production car even in summer.
At this point Lotus looks similar to those crypto companies that show a nice whitepaper but then can't deliver from 'various reasons outside their control' : )

Last edited:

Liz

Reaction score
Will any customer car be delivered this summer? :)
Sorry but this just seem to be delaying on and on and on... initially they said spring... now it seems we'll not see a production car even in summer.
Lotus is similar to those crypto companies that show a nice whitepaper but then don't deliver anything : )
In the UK, yes, there are deliveries scheduled for this summer. I don't think your metaphor is accurate. There are so many complexities in manufacturing and the supply chain issues are compounding errors that inevitably lead to delays. I was well aware that there's rarely been an "on time" car launch in recent history when I placed my deposit. If you want to call a car company out for taking deposits and not delivering, take notice of Tesla, which has done this not one, but twice, with the roadster and cyber truck.

Andrew

Reaction score
I'm not even discussing Tesla.
As a sports car fan, Tesla is dead for me since they announced the new Roadster almost 5 YEARS ago and they didn't deliver even to this day. That car's design is already starting to be obsolete by now and it's not even out yet.
(basically Elon is taking 0-interest loans from customer deposits instead of using Banks, but that's another topic...)

I just hope Lotus doesn't go on that path.
Because for me personally, the ability of any company to deliver on their claims is very important.

Last edited:

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The McLaren Artura is 2 years late with no official launch date…….thus the design is 4 years old and now been superseded , technically, by rivals. Lotus are on the case and manufacturing with launch dates confirmed (dates at Lotus are by month!) so at least it’s imminent! That’s OK by me…..I think?

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Didn’t TVR take huge deposits and no cars even in manufacturing 4 years after launch date iirc?

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts