Lotus 3rd Phone Call

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm due a response on my list of questions by end of this week, which included these points.
What's the general feeling at Lotus Tom regards all of your feedback and questions?
Is there an acceptance that things could have been done (continue to be done) better, or is there a bit of apathy towards it all and "how could we know the Emira was going to be this much of a hit", so it is what is, until we sort it out?
I've not got my pitch fork and burning brand out, just generally interested in how they are dealing with your 'relationship' 🙂

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What's the general feeling at Lotus Tom regards all of your feedback and questions?
Is there an acceptance that things could have been done (continue to be done) better, or is there a bit of apathy towards it all and "how could we know the Emira was going to be this much of a hit", so it is what is, until we sort it out?
I've not got my pitch fork and burning brand out, just generally interested in how they are dealing with your 'relationship' 🙂
I know your question was to Tom..... but can I just say.... i want Lotus do well out of this.... but at the moment i think most that have taken a chance on the EMIRA are either owners already of a LOTUS car, or fans of the brand.... and as a result..... more a little forgiven of how Lotus have handled this..... Think New customers could be very easly turned away.... I have been a fan for years, not owned one..... but was forwarned by two friends ?

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I know your question was to Tom..... but can I just say.... i want Lotus do well out of this.... but at the moment i think most that have taken a chance on the EMIRA are either owners already of a LOTUS car, or fans of the brand.... and as a result..... more a little forgiven of how Lotus have handled this..... Think New customers could be very easly turned away.... I have been a fan for years, not owned one..... but was forwarned by two friends ?
Dang right.
If the brand wasn’t superior then these issues would be destructive.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can't go into details right now. I'm optimistic the concerns have been heard and acknowledged by senior people at Lotus. Not just points from me but also from a few others who have been constructively vocal. There are things going on behind the scenes to gather more feedback, engage in dialogue and take steps to improve.

I will be agreeing with Lotus what I can share directly with the forums and what will be handled by them. More to come late this week or early next.

OP
DJS

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I can't go into details right now. I'm optimistic the concerns have been heard and acknowledged by senior people at Lotus. Not just points from me but also from a few others who have been constructively vocal. There are things going on behind the scenes to gather more feedback, engage in dialogue and take steps to improve.

I will be agreeing with Lotus what I can share directly with the forums and what will be handled by them. More to come late this week or early next.
TomE

The suspense is killing me lol

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

"constructively vocal" Is that Leonard ;)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
"constructively vocal" Is that Leonard ;)
I think I only had one night where I may have got a little heated/vocal. Think it was a Friday night as well 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🙃😉 In my defence there is nothing worse than working in Customer Experience '9-5' and then receiving a poor experience in your free time 😇

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

You’re doing a great job. (Smashing I think you’d say…) :)

Let us know if/how we can help.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Am sure they have heard you loud and clear...... still say they should make you customer rep ...... ok..... :)

Exige2000

Reaction score

Thank you Tom for your input , as a 7thJuly and two Deposits down i am of course interested in any information on this forum .
I am not sure what i would actually know about the process if it were not for this forum, i am more than happy to give Lotus lots of slack on this car as i very much want the car to be a success and its not helpful to just put the company down and moan about customer service.

Reaction score
Still no 3rd Call.
Placed £1k deposit with Parks Hamilton (their 1st order) on 11th March
Deposit with Lotus at FOS on 11th July which was to be linked back to my 11th March deposit.
2nd Deposit 8th October.
I have been told not to worry as will get car in 1st batch and based on this I sold my Evora 400 to the dealer in November as would have been sorn until April.
This will be my 10th Lotus, but the way the order process is being handled leaves a lot to be desired.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m in the “wait 12 hours for a fantastic brisket” camp now.
As opposed to the “square burger in the drive-thru” speed…

This thing has to be worth the wait!
To cold here to be cooking brisket...... LOL :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But will be smoking my own once it warms.... yep good 12 hours....I had to build something over lock down..... CNC place closed so no jet engine building ..... yes jet engine

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Tom please don't forget to mention to Lotus about speaking auto rev-matching on the Emira.
Cheers.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Thank you Tom for your input , as a 7thJuly and two Deposits down i am of course interested in any information on this forum .
I am not sure what i would actually know about the process if it were not for this forum, i am more than happy to give Lotus lots of slack on this car as i very much want the car to be a success and its not helpful to just put the company down and moan about customer service.
If you take everything you have learnt about the Emira on this forum out of the equation, you really are left with very little.
I'd be feeling very flat about the buying experience if I wasn't on this forum that's for sure. I possibly may have even cancelled by now.
So big up Tom and everyone else keeping the endorphin levels high 💆

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If you take everything you have learnt about the Emira on this forum out of the equation, you really are left with very little.
I'd be feeling very flat about the buying experience if I wasn't on this forum that's for sure. I possibly may have even cancelled by now.
Misery always loves company :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yep totally agree..... would of been a bleak time....... like mushrooms ..... kept in the dark and fed on s*** :oops::)

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Leonard, keep the faith my friend. I'm very sure the Emira is going to live up to all the hype, and most likely surpass it.
It's going to be an awesome car.