• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lotus 3rd Phone Call

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi @TomE Yes i get all that :), but was told delivery would be in december 2022, the point I am trying to make, is how is it i have now locked in.... unless i make any changes:rolleyes:, paid second payment, when my journey started Oct 18th..... Yet some started back in July, and have still not been invited to make second payment, why is this happening :(:) I dont expect to hear any thing now untill perhaps November to sort out payment etc:)

Everyone who did first deposits in July and through to you in Oct has been asked if they want to go for V6 FE. Those that do have paid the second deposit and are now in the V6 FE queue. Everyone else has only paid one deposit. I'm not aware of anyone from July who has not been first-call contacted.

The people saying they haven't been called yet are in the V6 FE queue and have paid second deposit and generally had 2 calls already, but are waiting for the third call. Originally this would have also been third/final deposit. I had been told these folks (particularly 7/8/9 July deposits) were going to get their third call in January.

There will be an update to everyone in January.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi Tom if that’s genuinely the case then I can’t understand why changing the exterior colour and interior trim has warranted them to go and check their production schedule now to see if there may be a delay or are they building the cars in batches of paint rather than individual build slots?
I agree and I don't understand why your request hasn't been answered as quickly as several others who appear to have asked for similar changes. It may just be the effect of the Christmas shutdown. Batching and sequencing is on my list of questions awaiting a response from Lotus.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Everyone who did first deposits in July and through to you in Oct has been asked if they want to go for V6 FE. Those that do have paid the second deposit and are now in the V6 FE queue. Everyone else has only paid one deposit. I'm not aware of anyone from July who has not been first-call contacted.

The people saying they haven't been called yet are in the V6 FE queue and have paid second deposit and generally had 2 calls already, but are waiting for the third call. Originally this would have also been third/final deposit. I had been told these folks (particularly 7/8/9 July deposits) were going to get their third call in January.

There will be an update to everyone in January.
placed my deposit lunchtime on 8th July , still no phone call from Lotus yet?https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/lotus-3rd-phone-call.541/post-10449 Follow link to just one person i have seen saying they not heared any thing since payment early, they have not any more contact, 3 on this theard at least, or I am reading thing wrong

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
placed my deposit lunchtime on 8th July , still no phone call from Lotus yet?https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/lotus-3rd-phone-call.541/post-10449
I think that's referring to the anticipated 3rd call from Lotus in January? Perhaps @teamvxracing could clarify if they've paid first and second deposits for a V6 FE and are waiting for 3rd step.

Other people who've said "not had a call yet" are clearly talking about the expected 3rd call in January and we know they've paid first/second deposits.

If there is anyone who paid a first UK deposit up to and including July and has told Lotus they want a V6 FE but hasn't paid two deposits and submitted configuration, perhaps they could post up here. My understanding is these people have all completed step 2.

If your deposit was after July then potentially you won't be at this stage yet. I think they got as far as Oct/Nov first deposits before pausing the step 1 to step 2 process.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think that's referring to the anticipated 3rd call from Lotus in January? Perhaps @teamvxracing could clarify if they've paid first and second deposits for a V6 FE and are waiting for 3rd step.

Other people who've said "not had a call yet" are clearly talking about the expected 3rd call in January and we know they've paid first/second deposits.

If there is anyone who paid a first UK deposit up to and including July and has told Lotus they want a V6 FE but hasn't paid two deposits and submitted configuration, perhaps they could post up here. My understanding is these people have all completed step 2.

If your deposit was after July then potentially you won't be at this stage yet. I think they got as far as Oct/Nov first deposits before pausing the step 1 to step 2 process.
I had understood , "placed my deposit lunchtime on 8th July , still no phone call from Lotus yet" as @teamvxracing wrote , that he's only made one payment, not had any contact to make second, or give dates etc :)

teamvxracing

Reaction score

I've only paid 1st deposit , no contact since , apart from book viewing at Bell Colvill sept 28th evening , so possibly we were both there?

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
@TomE There you go Tom :), and he's not the only one said as much, paid only one, nothing since from LOTUS, how is it I have a delivery date, and they had nothing

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@TomE There you go Tom :), and he's not the only one said as much, paid only one, nothing since from LOTUS, how is it I have a delivery date, and they had nothing
I don't think it's fair to keep asking @TomE about deliveries etc. He's not a lotus employee and is giving the best information he's got. Call Lotus customer services if you want definitive information ...

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to keep asking @TomE about deliveries etc. He's not a lotus employee and is giving the best information he's got. Call Lotus customer services if you want definitive information ...
Tom has been referenced in this becuase he questioned what had been said, trying to get to the bottom, why some seem to of been left behind. I dont know if you have read the threads, but perhaps yopu can see why tom was referenced. I know Tom does not work for LOTUS, but he seems able and happy to get things over to them,

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Tom has been referenced in this becuase he questioned what had been said, trying to get to the bottom, why some seem to of been left behind. I dont know if you have read the threads, but perhaps yopu can see why tom was referenced. I know Tom does not work for LOTUS, but he seems able and happy to get things over to them,
Tom you ought to get a premium phone number so you can earn revenue from being the intermediary for Lotus. The real issue in all this is not being able to fully understand the Lotus buying process, not helped sometimes by others posting contradicting information received from Lotus Customer Services.
For instance we were told after second deposit that we’d get further information in January then some of us get a call in December and others quite rightly start to wonder why they have t heard, then opinions jump in.
Let’s be honest these Emira forums and Facebook are a breeding ground for opinions often not based on any fact apart from supposition.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Tom you ought to get a premium phone number so you can earn revenue from being the intermediary for Lotus. The real issue in all this is not being able to fully understand the Lotus buying process, not helped sometimes by others posting contradicting information received from Lotus Customer Services.
For instance we were told after second deposit that we’d get further information in January then some of us get a call in December and others quite rightly start to wonder why they have t heard, then opinions jump in.
Let’s be honest these Emira forums and Facebook are a breeding ground for opinions often not based on any fact apart from supposition.
That's a fair point.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've only paid 1st deposit , no contact since , apart from book viewing at Bell Colvill sept 28th evening , so possibly we were both there?
If you placed a deposit on 8 July and haven't been contacted by phone or email about choice of V6 FE or alternatives then something has gone wrong. Might be that Lotus don't have your phone number or email recorded correctly, or sent you an email and it went into spam/quarantine. I suggest you call Customer Care on 0330 094 8047 straight away to clarify the situation.

Anyone else on this thread who paid a deposit up to and including July and has said "no call yet" and means "no second call about V6 FE choice and second deposit" please do the same.

If you're waiting for a third call about firming up delivery date (possibly June but more likely July and onwards), then please hold on and wait for an update from Lotus during January. Or call Customer Care if you feel you need to confirm your individual situation.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm trying to help. I ask questions to clarify what people are posting. I provide the information I have. I try to work out what is going on based on what is being posted across about 6 forums and my chats with people at Lotus. I try to get to the bottom of inconsistencies.

I'm interested personally, want the car to be a success for Lotus and would like you all to have your questions answered and get to buy the car you want in light of decent info.

I have a day job I need to do too. I don't have all the answers. I don't necessary have the complete and accurate picture on everything.

Please some of you reflect on the tone of your posts where you are replying to me or tagging me in, both on this thread and elsewhere on the forum.

teamvxracing

Reaction score
Just checking the t+c's , for the deposit , I'm still quite happy to be patient , we have some weeks to go yet till end of March. But it would be nice to understand if order in the queue is being respected.

Priority Ordering means that by paying the Priority Ordering Fee you are paying for the opportunity to formally register your interest in the Emira, and subject to further terms and conditions, chose the specification, place an order, and reserve a manufacturing slot during the Order Window.

Order Window means a period of time during which you will be invited to place an order for an Emira. We anticipate this to begin in September 2021 and end in March 2022.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm trying to help. I ask questions to clarify what people are posting. I provide the information I have. I try to work out what is going on based on what is being posted across about 6 forums and my chats with people at Lotus. I try to get to the bottom of inconsistencies.

I'm interested personally, want the car to be a success for Lotus and would like you all to have your questions answered and get to buy the car you want in light of decent info.

I have a day job I need to do too. I don't have all the answers. I don't necessary have the complete and accurate picture on everything.

Please some of you reflect on the tone of your posts where you are replying to me or tagging me in, both on this thread and elsewhere on the forum.
I hope i have not offended any one, but my point had been that some still had not been contacted, what ever the reason, a point now proven... :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just checking the t+c's , for the deposit , I'm still quite happy to be patient , we have some weeks to go yet till end of March. But it would be nice to understand if order in the queue is being respected.

Priority Ordering means that by paying the Priority Ordering Fee you are paying for the opportunity to formally register your interest in the Emira, and subject to further terms and conditions, chose the specification, place an order, and reserve a manufacturing slot during the Order Window.

Order Window means a period of time during which you will be invited to place an order for an Emira. We anticipate this to begin in September 2021 and end in March 2022.
From my understanding of the process, I know per the T&Cs in theory you've got until March but for you with a 8 July deposit you should have had a call and/or email from Lotus by now. This should have been to ask you if you wanted a V6 First Edition and if so would have sent you a link to submit your configuration and pay second deposit. There was a cutoff date for doing this (in Dec last year), after which it was assumed you didn't want a V6 FE and were put into the second round (i4 FE versus Base) to be contacted again later.

If you want a V6 First Edition I'd urge you to contact Customer Care asap. If you want an i4 FE or Base you can wait for next contact, but I'd also suggest contacting Customer Care to find out why they didn't contact you in round 1. As mentioned, I know of some people who had contact details recorded incorrectly or missed the call/email.

Your original deposit date will be respected in determining your order in the build queue, for each sub-queue (V6 FE, i4 FE, Base) BUT only if you submit config and pay deposits and balances in line with the deadlines.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If I charged for the time I've spent on helping out on all this I'd have funded my Emira by now! :)

The comms is a major problem as we all know. And even when Lotus do something early it backfires. They should have explained to a wider audience why they contacted people (early) in Dec rather than January. But by telling those people they were in line for June delivery it could have been deduced by them and others that Lotus were contacting people in the first delivery batch. We all know from the approach they took to 2nd calls/deposits that they contacted people in roughly deposit date order and that it took many weeks to contact people (end Sep to mid Dec). I'd provided an update to clarify on this, exactly because it had sparked a load of questions and speculation.

There will always be hotspots online when information isn't forthcoming. You all know I've provided feedback to Lotus that is being reviewed at a senior level, including about comms and inconsistencies and process. I'm hopeful we'll see some improvements later this month. I'll also continue to try and correct any misunderstandings, and clarify where the process isn't understood or isn't working as expected. I'll also try to reduce rather than increase the speculation and rumours!

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I can supply you with the premium number

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
placed my deposit lunchtime on 8th July , still no phone call from Lotus yet?https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/lotus-3rd-phone-call.541/post-10449
placed my deposit lunchtime on 8th July , still no phone call from Lotus yet?https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/lotus-3rd-phone-call.541/post-10449 Follow link to just one person i have seen saying they not heared any thing since payment early, they have not any more contact, 3 on this theard at least, or I am reading thing wrong
I hope i have not offended any one, but my point had been that some still had not been contacted, what ever the reason, a point now proven... :)
@andrew6382 I'm not offended. Your posts have come across to me as trying to prove that I'm wrong. You've said as much in your last post.

I'm trying to help. I have a (probably unhealthy) understanding of what's going on, some of which we all know is very sub-optimal from a customer standpoint, but is what it is. I've given my Lotus contacts (4 pages worth of) feedback and it is being reviewed. It might make a difference.

I know how the deposit/call/config process should be working in the UK. I don't have any individual data. Trying to tease out who has been contacted and where they are in the process relies on what I read on here. Sometimes that needs clarifying. Sometimes the process hasn't worked as expected. Sometimes (hopefully not too often) my understanding and communication of the process may be wrong or incomplete - happy to be corrected so everyone gets clarity.

My sole purpose in spending several hours on this every day is to help people understand what the process is supposed to be, and provide as accurate information as we (as a community) can pull together in the absence of direct Lotus input. I particularly don't want people to miss out or make wrong decisions because the process broke or they had the wrong info. "No person left behind" and all that.

The situation with teamvxracing highlights where the process appears not to have worked and someone could miss out. That's what I'm concerned about. Not proving my understanding of the process.

The info that you've had a second call/deposit with an 18 Oct deposit is helpful in showing the process we all thought was being followed was actually followed. It reinforces the key point. Anyone else who hasn't had a second call/email and wants a V6 FE needs to act asap, but if they want an i4 FE or Base they can wait or double check. Then we won't leave anyone behind. The situation on V6 FE third calls is a different issue and it helps if we can be clear which we're talking about.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If I charged for the time I've spent on helping out on all this I'd have funded my Emira by now! :)

The comms is a major problem as we all know. And even when Lotus do something early it backfires. They should have explained to a wider audience why they contacted people (early) in Dec rather than January. But by telling those people they were in line for June delivery it could have been deduced by them and others that Lotus were contacting people in the first delivery batch. We all know from the approach they took to 2nd calls/deposits that they contacted people in roughly deposit date order and that it took many weeks to contact people (end Sep to mid Dec). I'd provided an update to clarify on this, exactly because it had sparked a load of questions and speculation.

There will always be hotspots online when information isn't forthcoming. You all know I've provided feedback to Lotus that is being reviewed at a senior level, including about comms and inconsistencies and process. I'm hopeful we'll see some improvements later this month. I'll also continue to try and correct any misunderstandings, and clarify where the process isn't understood or isn't working as expected. I'll also try to reduce rather than increase the speculation and rumours!
Thank you Tom.... but and I understood all that you have said, all i think is, well we would be proper f****d with out you. :)