Limited Telematics

I replaced my battery and started getting this error. Went in for service in Aug ‘25 and updated CEM module and hasn’t come back.
That’s interesting as mine has only started doing it after `I changed the battery!
 
  • Useful
Reactions: ADC
My car had the OEM battery and never had this issue. Replaced the battery with an antigravity and still no issue. Then a few months later the notification started to come up randomly (I used the car the same amount 1x a week). Got the latest update from my dealer and haven’t seen the issue since.
 
So I guess it’s back to the dealer for me 😩
 
I started getting that warning following it's first service, and 'updates', it would happen very randomly.
Turned out, one of the modules (I believe it's the one that controls the dash and screens) takes over 3 hours to update via the Lotus portal.

It seems that when mine was in getting updated, they likely ran out of time (I had agreed a specific time to collect my car) and someone decided not to bother doing that bothersome, long update, but had already updated all the other modules in the car.
This mismatch of software/firmware versions between the various modules was responsible for the random telematics messages appearing.

Once everything was updated and matching firmware versions throughout the car, everything was fine, never seen it since.
 
Last edited:
I started getting that warning following it's first service, and 'updates', it would happen very randomly.
Turned out, one of the modules (I believe it's the one that controls the dash and screens) takes over 3 hours to update via the Lotus portal.

It seems that when mine was in getting updated, they likely ran out of time (I had agreed a specific time to collect my car) and someone decided not to bother doing that bothersome, long update, but had already updates all the other modules in the car.
This mismatch of software/firmware between the various modules was responsible for the random telematics messages appearing.

Once everything was updated and matching throughout the car, everything was fine, never seen it since.
That’s interesting as mine has only started doing it after `I changed the battery!

I'm now wondering if this combination was the case for me too... mine went in for service and updates in May, so you'd expect the fix to be present, but maybe it wasn't due to time. I started seeing this message a day or so after I swapped in a lithium battery (several weeks later).

Will add it to the list of things to have looked at when it goes in for door replacement soon.
 
Hmm, sounds suspicious. My change was to a lithium battery and 2 days later I got the message.
 
To my surprise, I got this warning message just an hour ago, and I have the latest round of August software updates. I do have an Antigravity li-ion battery.
 
Lotus Silverstone (UK) were well aware of the problem and stated that the software update takes an hour to do. So they have clearly seen it before and know which software update supposedly fixes it. Mine’s booked in for a week Friday. Interestingly, my car did it every day for 7 days. It then went to get PPF fitted and was fine when I picked it up. It then spent a day at a different address and again, no warning message. It’s back at home now, so will see if I get a warning message tomorrow. I know i don’t get a good mobile signal where I live, so I presume that this is what’s creating the issue. I therefore also presume that the software update simply tells the car to ignore a low/no mobile signal.
 
  • Useful
Reactions: ADC
Lotus Silverstone (UK) were well aware of the problem and stated that the software update takes an hour to do. So they have clearly seen it before and know which software update supposedly fixes it. Mine’s booked in for a week Friday. Interestingly, my car did it every day for 7 days. It then went to get PPF fitted and was fine when I picked it up. It then spent a day at a different address and again, no warning message. It’s back at home now, so will see if I get a warning message tomorrow. I know i don’t get a good mobile signal where I live, so I presume that this is what’s creating the issue. I therefore also presume that the software update simply tells the car to ignore a low/no mobile signal.
You're using Silverstone now ? :)
 
In my case, I first had this msg when I retaxed the car in April. Sometimes the warning would appear, sometimes not, and I never had this error in the first year of ownership.
I spoke to Rybrook Bristol and booked the car in for software updates which they said would cure it, and it did. The car had 5 updates in total. I was told that, even though the car was kept over the winter months on a ctek charger, there is an ecu (or similar electronic device) that requires power. The ctek charger will not charge this, it only charges the cars main battery.
So, by not driving the car for 4 months, this module lost power and threw the warnings.
Whether this happens this coming winter, I don’t know, but I am at Rybrook for the 2nd year service on Tuesday, so I will ask.
 
You're using Silverstone now ? :)
I’m slowly running out of dealers to use ! 😜

(I’ve heard good things about Silverstone and so far, the booking process has been really easy and quick)
 
  • Like
Reactions: ADC
I’ve had the Limited telematics error for months, but I brought my emira into the dealer for a few software updates and that cleared it up
 
If it wasn't an annoying message on the screen I'd call the telematics not working a feature instead of a bug.

Wonder if anyone will ever crack the BCM or whatever is responsible for it to just turn it off. I hate connected cars. Because it does have the ability for MFG's to reach in and turn things off that were previously free.

Or, like Dodge, the 'feature' that they are going to spam you with ads for a upgrade.
 
This popped up today, no idea what it is but I have all the latest updates as of 2 weeks ago.
 
I only get this if I don’t drive the car for awhile (maybe a week or longer) even when it’s on a battery tender
 
Ironically, this same message appeared on my Mazda Cx-90 (but not my Emira). The solution? Disconnect the battery for an hour and see if it fixes the error. It did.

These new cars are too complicated. :ROFLMAO:

I know I know, old post and thread.

We have a CX-90 too. I guess our car Venn diagrams look alike!
 
I've been following this thread for a while since I had the Limited Telematics error pop up after my first service in October. The error first appeared in December. Last week, I briefly saw a low key fob battery warning, but it was almost immediately overridden by the Telematics warning (the key fob alert flashed for maybe a second).

I replaced the key fob battery — and the Telematics warning disappeared.

I'm not saying this is a guaranteed fix, but it might be a quick, low-cost, low-stress thing to check, especially if your software is up to date.
 
For those asking the question, there are two telemetric ariels in the car, one on the rear-left "C" pillar and one on the rear-right "C" pillar. Please excuse the photos, I went digging through my old pictures and below is the best I have:

I disconnected mine during an Audio install and it brought the Telemetrics fault up on the dash, but after plugging them back in the fault disappeared.
I'm going to suggest the faults some are experiencing is software related. There are so many updates for these cars, please revisit your dealer and request the updates.

Keeping the car on a trickle charger (if not in use for weeks) will help keep away some pesky faults brought on by low voltage, but if you're using the car daily this is not required. I found many of the cars electrical systems remain "Live" even once the ignition is switched off, most modern cars "go to sleep" after 15 mins or so, but not the Emira, ok, the main screen and dash sleeps + the cigarette lighter socket after 10mins. Also, it does not matter if you lock the car or leave it unlocked, the power drain is the same.

View attachment 66168

View attachment 66169
Thank you for the information. I have a something rattling behind the driver's seat (left hand) - could there be something dangling loose there behind the panels?
 
I'd have the telematic warning popping up for quite a bit of time after disconnecting the battery for a steering button install, but I haven't seen it in months. It does seem to self correct after enough time and drives. Im not a high mileage driver. I really didnt drive it at all in January or most of February but I didnt get a message when I fired it up last weekend.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top