Limited Telematics

I got the Limited Telematics service advisory light today. The car had been sitting for about 10 days due to really bad weather. I spoke with my dealer service rep and he explained that the telematics system has a battery in addition to the car's battery. I'm told the battery responsible for telematics connectivity can not be charged through the trickle charger and only gets re-charged as the car is driven. He explained, "Drive the car and the advisory goes away." After about an hour I stopped for gas, and on start up the telematics advisory did go away. However this is REALLY annoying.

Two part question for the group...

1. Can the Telematics battery be replaced and if so has anyone done this? Where is the battery located and what type of battery is it?

2. Can the Telematics system be completely disabled by removing a fuse or coding the ECU?

View attachment 57702
I got the same warning on mine and like you it was sat in the garage for the best part of a fortnight. Unfortunately for me being new to Lotus and not knowing about the battery issues it also has an engine light now which is probably due to the main battery getting too low, note to self, don’t go out to the garage and sit in the car listening to music to adjust the settings to how you want it because this probably caused the engine light. LOL
 
I just got this warning for the first time in 2 years of ownership after having the car in hibernation for the 2nd time, hooked up to a tender for 5 months. Didn't get this error after the first winter I had it stored. Drove it around twice and still having error. My car was last at dealer and got software updates in June of 25.


Is the confirmed fix a software update?
 
I just got this warning for the first time in 2 years of ownership after having the car in hibernation for the 2nd time, hooked up to a tender for 5 months. Didn't get this error after the first winter I had it stored. Drove it around twice and still having error. My car was last at dealer and got software updates in June of 25.


Is the confirmed fix a software update?
Yes software update fixes it
 
Mine started after the software update :(
 
I just came back from dealer. There is a New TEM update 26003. I didn't have the issue before tho. Not sure what this update does.
 
Was the battery disconnected at any time after the update? I have heard that disconnecting the battery may cause the error.
I believe so, because the all the profile settings were reset.
 
About 2 months after getting my car back from the dealer and today I started getting the Limited Telematics error again haha. Mine was up to date as of early FEB 2026. The more constant issue on my i4 is the turn signals that intermittently hyper flash cause the car thinks they're out.
 
About 2 months after getting my car back from the dealer and today I started getting the Limited Telematics error again haha. Mine was up to date as of early FEB 2026. The more constant issue on my i4 is the turn signals that intermittently hyper flash cause the car thinks they're out.
Lotus has a fix for that, new wiring harness for what I assume is the rear section of the car. Dealership will have to order the harness (it takes awhile)
 
Lotus has a fix for that, new wiring harness for what I assume is the rear section of the car. Dealership will have to order the harness (it takes awhile)
yeah when I got my car in February they said the harness would be available in March for them to order. I haven't pushed for it - my car's likely getting bought back (5.5 months at the dealer straight = Lemon), so I just enjoy it for all the Lotus Things now.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top