Lightweight seats

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
Really interested in the types of seats that will be manufactured for the Emira. The seats aren’t ideal for track
I've got my seats in my Emira and it transforms the vehicle.
B10XL-48.5 with Emira themed trim trim and our soon to be released specific Emira bracket and runner setup.
30 kg's saved overall but it can be more if the B7 or B9 are used.
I should have the prices soon and then I will release it officially but it's taking an age to get the bits made exactly the way I want them.
Cost for two should be similar to what you would spend protecting the paint but the effect is to make the feel and comfort better. You can tell when that 30 kg is missing.

Attachments

• GFW_8842.jpg
    GFW_8842.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 234
  • GFW_8872.jpg
    GFW_8872.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 224
  • GFW_8883.jpg
    GFW_8883.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 203
  • GFW_8886.jpg
    GFW_8886.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 205
  • GFW_8897.jpg
    GFW_8897.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 204
  • GFW_8901.jpg
    GFW_8901.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 224

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
@Steve Tillett those are very very sexy. How comfortable would they be for a daily and for road trips?
I am totally bias of course but I do use my car as a daily and to me they are way more comfortable than the 12 way adjustable shopping car seats put in as standard. The Lotus seats gave me a bad back after two hours of driving. This is because they allow your lower spine to wallow in the soft foam and using the lumbar support only shoves a lump in your lower back.
We initially hand sculptured the shapes until no pressure points exist, so you could use them with no covering at all. However, for the road I would advise using the covered panels because they help any slipping, vibration or temperature changes.
The other benefit is you can be miles lower then the OEM seat.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am totally bias of course but I do use my car as a daily and to me they are way more comfortable than the 12 way adjustable shopping car seats put in as standard. The Lotus seats gave me a bad back after two hours of driving. This is because they allow your lower spine to wallow in the soft foam and using the lumbar support only shoves a lump in your lower back.
We initially hand sculptured the shapes until no pressure points exist, so you could use them with no covering at all. However, for the road I would advise using the covered panels because they help any slipping, vibration or temperature changes.
The other benefit is you can be miles lower then the OEM seat.
What's the 48.5 in the seat model? XL over standard I get. I don't see this configuration in your site though.

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
What's the 48.5 in the seat model? XL over standard I get. I don't see this configuration in your site though.
It just denotes the widest point of the B10XL. We also do an edge cut version of this same seat so that you can fit them in a car with zero space like the Elise/Exige.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We have two sets of the B10's on order to give our shop car and one other local Emira the Tillett treatment.
The seats are sculpted nicely and plenty comfortable for trips in my opinion. We have been running them for years in various Lotus cars.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Steve Tillett is there a mounting system that allows the driver's seat at least to slide? Your mounting rails look like they fix the position.

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
@Steve Tillett is there a mounting system that allows the driver's seat at least to slide? Your mounting rails look like they fix the position.
We have made the new Emira brackets so that you can also use our PTRi adjustment runners under them. We will supply it as a complete package because there are various other parts needed to get the setup to work nicely with the OEM seat belts.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We have made the new Emira brackets so that you can also use our PTRi adjustment runners under them. We will supply it as a complete package because there are various other parts needed to get the setup to work nicely with the OEM seat belts.
Well I'll be interested to see them on your page or @GRP's site.

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Steve Tillett I'm wondering if there's potential to see tan leather color match for seat padding/trim. Perhaps as a custom order. I know it's a bit odd but curious nonetheless. I'd love to get those b10's to play nice with my tan interior. Other's on here may be curious for other colors too.

Aston Martin do carbon buckets with the classy leather vibe very well:

Attachments

• Your-Vantage.jpeg
    Your-Vantage.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 64

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
@Steve Tillett I'm wondering if there's potential to see tan leather color match for seat padding/trim. Perhaps as a custom order. I know it's a bit odd but curious nonetheless. I'd love to get those b10's to play nice with my tan interior. Other's on here may be curious for other colors too.

Aston Martin do carbon buckets with the classy leather vibe very well:

The Emira trim match question has already been raised numerous times by potential customers. The exact leather colour and grain is going to be needed and a debate is going on as to whether or not we will keep the various hide colours in stock. Of course our upholstery department could always trim the seats in customer supplied leather.

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've got my seats in my Emira and it transforms the vehicle.
B10XL-48.5 with Emira themed trim trim and our soon to be released specific Emira bracket and runner setup.
30 kg's saved overall but it can be more if the B7 or B9 are used.
I should have the prices soon and then I will release it officially but it's taking an age to get the bits made exactly the way I want them.
Cost for two should be similar to what you would spend protecting the paint but the effect is to make the feel and comfort better. You can tell when that 30 kg is missing.
Is it possible to custom order this seat in full alcantara fabric with the middle strip in yellow (as the initial emira seats where designed)? Thanks

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
Is it possible to custom order this seat in full alcantara fabric with the middle strip in yellow (as the initial emira seats where designed)? Thanks
A yellow leather stripe will certainly be possible. I am not certain that we have bright yellow in Dinamica, which is the auto grade faux suede we use. With that light a colour it's probably more practical on a day to day basis in leather anyway.
Just for your information. The Lotus style three panel set price, (Which must be added to whichever bare Tillett seat price you choose) is £594.00 + VAT and it would not matter on the colour of the stripe chosen, unless it was a special colour. I've got most of the bits in now so I can publish the complete package price soon.

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A yellow leather stripe will certainly be possible. I am not certain that we have bright yellow in Dinamica, which is the auto grade faux suede we use. With that light a colour it's probably more practical on a day to day basis in leather anyway.
Just for your information. The Lotus style three panel set price, (Which must be added to whichever bare Tillett seat price you choose) is £594.00 + VAT and it would not matter on the colour of the stripe chosen, unless it was a special colour. I've got most of the bits in now so I can publish the complete package price soon.
Thanks Tillet. Let us know when they are available.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Emira trim match question has already been raised numerous times by potential customers. The exact leather colour and grain is going to be needed and a debate is going on as to whether or not we will keep the various hide colours in stock. Of course our upholstery department could always trim the seats in customer supplied leather.
Bridge of Weir almost certainly has the exact detail of what they sold to Lotus for the Emira First Edition seats, and they're in the business of exact matching for a whole host of good reasons. Might be worth a call in to them, I suspect it would solve the whole question.

Steve Tillett

Reaction score
Bridge of Weir almost certainly has the exact detail of what they sold to Lotus for the Emira First Edition seats, and they're in the business of exact matching for a whole host of good reasons. Might be worth a call in to them, I suspect it would solve the whole question.
We do use their leather so I will do that. Thanks for the info.