Lightweight seats

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have just searched loads of seat companies and found the Worlds lightest recliner sports seat to those of you looking for saving weight.

Nice alcantara centre and only just over 12kg.
Does anyone know the weight of the oem seats?

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
According to this post the OEM seats weight 25kg each
So potentially you could save 25kg but at the the cost of £6.5-)7k. For not much more than that you could go cc brakes and gain shaper steering and no brake dust as well. It would be nice to have both.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That looks like with the mounting rails you might save maybe 20 lbs over stock, which for that kind of money is really not worth it. You're talking almost $9k U.S. You wouldn't even feel any difference in performance.

Litespeed Racing has a forged MAG+ monoblock wheel with a weight that starts at 17 lbs (for the front wheel) and a set would cost $8,900 U.S. The factory front wheel weighs 25 lbs., so removing 8 lbs of unsprung rotating weight you would absolutely feel the difference. I believe the rear wheels were going to be about 10 lbs lighter than the factory rear wheel, so 16 lbs in the front and 20 lbs savings in the rear, you're saving 36 lbs of static weight, and it's all unsprung rotating weight. Same price as those seats, with FAR less hassle, they're bolt-on replacements, and don't void the warranty or compromise the airbag safety systems.

If you're going for a track build, I'd say go with Tillet's seats. They're lighter, look good, and he has the rail mounting system all worked out for the Emira. They don't recline, but then for a track build you're going to set them up specifically for you and your driving position anyways.

If you don't pay attention to what you're doing, what you're spending etc., mod-itis fever can get expensive real fast, and it's real easy to screw up what was a perfectly good car before you started messing around with things. Analyze thoughtfully and objectively, not emotionally before you start spending boatloads of money and changing things.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Plus you save the weight at.a place where it has the least impact, low and in the centre of the car, closest to the central gravity point.

Saving 2kgs on the outer edges of the car may have a much bigger impact on performance vs saving a lot of weight close to the center of gravity.

Take a broom, hold it on both edges while swinging it.

Steve24

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Definitely. I’m roughly 85kg, so a 60kg owner has about $20k worth of weight saving over me right from the start!
And probably $100k worth over a 150kg owner! :ROFLMAO:

Or, if you don‘t fill the tank over half way there’s 20kg over someone who always fills up, and so on.

That said, I’m all for making the car lighter.
Lighter wheels, exhaust all worth doing IMO.

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That looks like with the mounting rails you might save maybe 20 lbs over stock, which for that kind of money is really not worth it. You're talking almost $9k U.S. You wouldn't even feel any difference in performance.

Litespeed Racing has a forged MAG+ monoblock wheel with a weight that starts at 17 lbs (for the front wheel) and a set would cost $8,900 U.S. The factory front wheel weighs 25 lbs., so removing 8 lbs of unsprung rotating weight you would absolutely feel the difference. I believe the rear wheels were going to be about 10 lbs lighter than the factory rear wheel, so 16 lbs in the front and 20 lbs savings in the rear, you're saving 36 lbs of static weight, and it's all unsprung rotating weight. Same price as those seats, with FAR less hassle, they're bolt-on replacements, and don't void the warranty or compromise the airbag safety systems.

If you're going for a track build, I'd say go with Tillet's seats. They're lighter, look good, and he has the rail mounting system all worked out for the Emira. They don't recline, but then for a track build you're going to set them up specifically for you and your driving position anyways.

If you don't pay attention to what you're doing, what you're spending etc., mod-itis fever can get expensive real fast, and it's real easy to screw up what was a perfectly good car before you started messing around with things. Analyze thoughtfully and objectively, not emotionally before you start spending boatloads of money and changing things.

Just some thoughts.
I just went onto the Lightspeed Racing site and had a look. Very impressive so I asked for a price on the Spec 5 in Mag2.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I just went onto the Lightspeed Racing site and had a look. Very impressive so I asked for a price on the Spec 5 in Mag2.
This is the pricing I got from them last year for the VS10:

Carbon fiber monoblock (911 only): $22000 starting at 14 lbs
Carbon fiber 2 piece: $16400-$20400 starting at 14 lbs
Forged magnesium monoblock: $12900 starting at 15 lbs
Forged MAG + monoblock: $8900 starting at 17 lbs
Forged aluminum monoblock: $5400 starting at 22 lbs
Forged aluminum 3 Piece: $7900 starting at 26 lbs
Forged MAG+ 3 Piece: $9900 starting at 24 lbs
Brushed or polished color: +$800

I thought the Forged MAG+ monoblock was the best value for the weight. If you have a big budget for a track build, the Forged magnesium monoblock would be next best. Saving one additional pound for the cost of the carbon fiber I don't think is worth it.

However, the Aerie wheels offer weight savings about identical to the forged aluminum monoblock, and they're half the price, which is what I'm looking at for a street build.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Signature forged wheels can be had at the same weight as Light speed for several hundred less than 5k.

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is the pricing I got from them last year for the VS10:

Carbon fiber monoblock (911 only): $22000 starting at 14 lbs
Carbon fiber 2 piece: $16400-$20400 starting at 14 lbs
Forged magnesium monoblock: $12900 starting at 15 lbs
Forged MAG + monoblock: $8900 starting at 17 lbs
Forged aluminum monoblock: $5400 starting at 22 lbs
Forged aluminum 3 Piece: $7900 starting at 26 lbs
Forged MAG+ 3 Piece: $9900 starting at 24 lbs
Brushed or polished color: +$800

I thought the Forged MAG+ monoblock was the best value for the weight. If you have a big budget for a track build, the Forged magnesium monoblock would be next best. Saving one additional pound for the cost of the carbon fiber I don't think is worth it.

However, the Aerie wheels offer weight savings about identical to the forged aluminum monoblock, and they're half the price, which is what I'm looking at for a street build
Do you know the accurate weight of the factory wheels because I read someone thought they are 25lbs front and 29lbs rear?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Do you know the accurate weight of the factory wheels because I read someone thought they are 25lbs front and 29lbs rear?
These are the factory wheels on a weight scale; weights are in kilograms

Front 11.5kg.jpeg

Rear 13.5kg.jpeg

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Really interested in the types of seats that will be manufactured for the Emira. The seats aren’t ideal for track

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Really interested in the types of seats that will be manufactured for the Emira. The seats aren’t ideal for track
If they ever decide to do a GT Emira and if it has different seats I would be surprised if they bother having them as available to buy separately. If you really want track seats isn’t their an option from the as I’ve or Evora available?
There’s a great car seat rtrimmers near me that said they could refurbish any seat to as new condition to match any interior and have contacts for bespoke runners. You could buy Cayman GT4 carbon buckets , have them trimmed to the new Emira design with the Lotus badge built in. Anything is achievable for the right money.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Randomly found this video showing a glimpse of after market seats installed.