Key Fob?

G

Guest142

Does anyone know what the Emira key 🔑 looks like? Has anyone seen it?

I haven't seen it but know someone who has. They say it is bespoke for the Emira and very nice. Not like the Lotus key fobs of previous models, raided from other people's parts bins :)

Thank you for the insights. Sounds promising.

I just hope it’s something that can be cut by a locksmith and doesn’t cost a million dollars to replace if it gets lost. Key fob costs and programming charges have really gotten out of hand.

I just hope it’s something that can be cut by a locksmith and doesn’t cost a million dollars to replace if it gets lost. Key fob costs and programming charges have really gotten out of hand.
I think this is very unlikely... It will likely be an electronic keyfob with keyless start... and likely only have a "valet" physical key for entry in the case of a full power drain. Just speculation, for sure... but the potential for locksmith cut keys in a modern car these days is a bit of a reach...

I think this is very unlikely... It will likely be an electronic keyfob with keyless start... and likely only have a "valet" physical key for entry in the case of a full power drain. Just speculation, for sure... but the potential for locksmith cut keys in a modern car these days is a bit of a
Agreed. Not expecting or wanting an old style key. Just hoping for a fob design that won’t cost me several hundred dollars to replace if I lose it, and the option to use a standard key should it be necessary.

I haven't seen it but know someone who has. They say it is bespoke for the Emira and very nice. Not like the Lotus key fobs of previous models, raided from other people's parts bins :)
Is it possible it's from Geely parts bin?
If you look at the ignition button below it has an uncanny resemblance to this key fob
Screenshot 2021-09-03 141826.png

Screenshot 2021-09-03 141854.png

I think that’s unlikely. I’ve been told it’s unique to the Emira.