• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Terrible Key Fob Badge

JWJ9000

Reaction score
We should have our car soon and we will measure to get these made.
In the meantime if you have a set of calipers and can pull a measurement for us we can get things going sooner.
The raised circle is 19mm across. The actual logo is 18mm

Reactions: GRP

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Okay, who's for a group buy on a billet key fob? There's got to be a company out there that can recreate the shape and finish and let us swap the internals over.
Preferably with a more compact profile! A lot of that thing has to be empty air or useless plastic.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Okay, who's for a group buy on a billet key fob? There's got to be a company out there that can recreate the shape and finish and let us swap the internals over.
Another project we could tackle, just have to dissect a key and see what can be done.
We have in-house machining for small items like this.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have no clue how much a billet key would cost but if it’s reasonably priced with mostly the same design I’m definitely in! My key fell once on pavement and it already got deep marks (unreasonable marks for any fall)

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Another project we could tackle, just have to dissect a key and see what can be done.
We have in-house machining for small items like this.
That's fantastic! You're like the Lotus version of Sergey in the MX-5 community.
(Mx5things.com)

I can't wait for you to get your car to have a key for teardown. Having a durable key we don't have to keep in a leather case would be great. Hmm, I wonder how the transmission range would be affected in a metal fob.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's fantastic! You're like the Lotus version of Sergey in the MX-5 community.
(Mx5things.com)

I can't wait for you to get your car to have a key for teardown. Having a durable key we don't have to keep in a leather case would be great. Hmm, I wonder how the transmission range would be affected in a metal fob.
Hopefully reduced! That could help the battery drain in a bunch of "unintended wake" situations.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, that was a thought.
We will likely need to do a combo of aluminum and plastic to keep it from getting a full faraday effect on the transmission of the fob but we can test and see what works best.
It does sound like they work a little too well currently so reducing it wouldnt be a bad thing.