Terrible Key Fob Badge

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know of third party badges that will fit the Emira key? As you can see mine seems to have suffered over the last 5 months.

image.jpg

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know of third party badges that will fit the Emira key? As you can see mine seems to have suffered over the last 5 months.

View attachment 34902
I had the same issue and found a 3D domed Lotus mini badge (18mm) from Divine Handicraft - only £3. Fits perfectly if a little raised but did the job! See pic

Attachments

• IMG_2677.jpeg
    IMG_2677.jpeg
    364.2 KB · Views: 181

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

View attachment 34902
Glad someone found you a solution, that looks pretty beat up! I liked the shiny black and chrome finish as well as the badge but figured if it went in the key basket with others it would pick up a ton of small dings and scratches. Thought the same would happen in my pockets too if there was change or other keys in there, so I keep it "quarantined" on its own when in a pocket. Any key would suffer the same and the only reason my previous Vantage key didn't is it had its own leather wallet - but these were not the answer as they were absolutely notorious for the key slipping straight out and getting damaged when it hit the tarmac, often quite badly...

Never an issue with good old metal keys of course. Although Lotus liked to give you 2 or 3 different ones to use for door, fuel filler, ignition and boot/trunk!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@GRP sells some replacement key badges for previous models, but they're 12mm (I think you need 18mm). Might still be worth reaching out to them since they might offer Emira sized replacements soon.
We can defintely make badges for these, just need an exact measurement and we can get them done!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I will be keeping mine in a Faraday bag to keep the car from turning itself on constantly, so I'll be sure to use one with a soft lining.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I will be keeping mine in a Faraday bag to keep the car from turning itself on constantly, so I'll be sure to use one with a soft lining.
I've had both of mine in Faraday bags since last January, one in the safe which I alternate every so often. They're still as new.......

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does the key fob use a rolling key chain?

JWJ9000

Reaction score
We can defintely make badges for these, just need an exact measurement and we can get them done!
I definitely need one if you make them. 12 months and 11k miles means my badge is not looking good

Reactions: GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I definitely need one if you make them. 12 months and 11k miles means my badge is not looking good
We should have our car soon and we will measure to get these made.
In the meantime if you have a set of calipers and can pull a measurement for us we can get things going sooner.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don’t think these fobs are very good at all and I’m pretty sure they are not metal on the sides because one of mine has tiny chips from the previous owner dropping it I guess. I think it’s bad that a lot of solutions involve covers when it should have been up to the standard of the rest of the car.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t think these fobs are very good at all and I’m pretty sure they are not metal on the sides because one of mine has tiny chips from the previous owner dropping it I guess. I think it’s bad that a lot of solutions involve covers when it should have been up to the standard of the rest of the car.
Or...a 100k car and a $10 fob that would cost $300 to replace.