Itchy feet with the delays - Show me yours

LotusRising

Reaction score
I'm getting itchy feet with the delays and summer passing me by.
Slightly fueled by visiting Lotus in the Peak last weekend 😍
I should be happy as I have my Yaris, but it's more all season than ☀️ vibes.
I probably won't buy anything now as it makes no sense for 3 months or less.
Interested to know what everyone has SPECIFICALLY purchased as a stop gap though. Not your existing cars but something that you have gone out and bought to 'fill the gap' between your old car going and the new Emira purchase arriving
Photo for attention and because i may get my Rado back from resto now before the Emira and its a v cool pic ( not mine) 😁🥰View attachment 7394
Enjoying my manual 2014 BMW 135I convertible. M line trim. Owned by an old couple who only put 20,000 miles on it in seven years before me. The N 55 engine is an underrated gem. Especially in a rear wheel drive lightish car.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Enjoying my manual 2014 BMW 135I convertible. M line trim. Owned by an old couple who only put 20,000 miles on it in seven years before me. The N 55 engine is an underrated gem. Especially in a rear wheel drive lightish car.
It is a great engine had it with a manual box on my 335i which was peachy 🍑 enjoy

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah sure. I had both deposits from May 2021 to about May or June this year with the true intention to get both.
As time went on, especially when the first delay hit, it started moving me towards buying other cars and I saw no further need to two of them. I would still like a track car. I ended up buying the C63 AMG with the deposit return and now, of course, a Ferrari.

I am still getting the Emira but my whole joy, expectation and anticipation has taken a HUGE hit.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah sure. I had both deposits from May 2021 to about May or June this year with the true intention to get both.
As time went on, especially when the first delay hit, it started moving me towards buying other cars and I saw no further need to two of them. I would still like a track car. I ended up buying the C63 AMG with the deposit return and now, of course, a Ferrari.

I am still getting the Emira but my whole joy, expectation and anticipation has taken a HUGE hit.
You're going to love it more and more. I'm sure an emira will turn heads... But not like that!
For me the emira will be my 'most weekends' car. But the 430 will be the special one.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Assuming I keep the Emira, the decision on which one to drive on a nice day is real first world problem. When I get asked this, I say 'both'. Back to back. Video coming soon. :D

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here is some 200mph itchy feet options all for less than an Emira

I check back now and again on used 12Cs. Nearly bought one last summer but got the Exige instead. Prices have increased a decent amount in the last 12 months and there are only a few advertised when I look.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Macca?
Amazing value but scary maintenance if unlucky.
I can't see t falling now so getting one from a dealer and purchasing £4k warranty extension might work - then get out before the 2 years is up. Might even end up free.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Man you'd want some big cahonies to run any of those. And deep pockets

I say this as someone that ran a 10yr old ferrari
Ah - good job i read this as i am currently looking at 10yr+ old Ferrari's in the anticipation that Lotus are going to send us another delay message soon...

One to avoid then?

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've owned mine for probably 6/7 years now. I use an indy for work. Averages 700-1000 Service and have spent probably average 1k a year on work. Albeit I did have a problem within 1 month of buying it fixed under warranty which would probably have cost 3k.
Not trouble free, but wayyyy better than expected

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Only had my Ferrari for just over a week and it almost cost me another £100,000 + !!!!

I went to Maranellos.. Salesman came out onto the courtyard to ask what i was looking for.
What could possibly go wrong.

Went out in a 488 Spider... much, much faster than mine but not the sound and not manual.

Then he told me how much a new 296 GTB is... well, one thing led to another and we went through the whole spec in the 'Room where the magic happens'.

Turns out I can afford it - just - and IF I put an order on it then it should be ready by this time next year - so it might even beat the Emira ! :D :rolleyes:

IMG-20220730-WA0025.jpeg

My new baby, cooling down after a proper blast.

IMG-20220730-WA0039.jpeg

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Only had my Ferrari for just over a week and it almost cost me another £100,000 + !!!!

I went to Maranellos.. Salesman came out onto the courtyard to ask what i was looking for.
What could possibly go wrong.

Went out in a 488 Spider... much, much faster than mine but not the sound and not manual.

Then he told me how much a new 296 GTB is... well, one thing led to another and we went through the whole spec in the 'Room where the magic happens'.

Turns out I can afford it - just - and IF I put an order on it then it should be ready by this time next year - so it might even beat the Emira ! :D :rolleyes:

View attachment 7801

My new baby, cooling down after a proper blast.

View attachment 7802

296 growing on me more and more...
In fact it reminds me of a stretched Alfa 4C which is no bad thing. And a bit of GT40 as well...
Just think what you could buy though Emira at 80k and circa 180k left to spend on 'man stuff' 😅

Last edited:

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ah - good job i read this as i am currently looking at 10yr+ old Ferrari's in the anticipation that Lotus are going to send us another delay message soon...

One to avoid then?
I loved it and the whole feel of owning one, the noise etc but it's like warning light roulette everytime you turn the key, often turning of and on again clears things but when it doesn't things can get pricy. A good independent can take the sting out of it I used Shiltech, had nothing major, brake pads, a few minor sensors and a minor service and it had £8k in that year.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked up a 30th Anniversary Mx5 / Miata on Friday, should see me through summer. Lowered on Eiback springs and a Bastuck exhaust from the factory, otherwise stock. I name all my cars, she's called Tangerine and is a lot of fun!