Itchy feet with the delays - Show me yours

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Now... I wish I had kept the Nimbus order - saves having 2 different red cars on the driveway.
it might get even worse as eyeing up an older Giulietta as a runaround.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Now... I wish I had kept the Nimbus order - saves having 2 different red cars on the driveway.
it might get even worse as eyeing up an older Giulietta as a runaround.
The only problem I find with multiple cars is managing road tax, insurance and servicing dates.. I use a spreadsheet. The Emira will be our 5th car in the household, I can’t have any more it would break the spreadsheet 😀

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
997 GTS, great car but time for a change so sold it to make way for the Emira.
1971 911S, weekend toy . . . will probably never sell it.

IMG_2560.jpeg
2021-03-28_-_Autohaus_Porches___Coffee_108.jpeg

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
997 GTS, great car but time for a change so sold it to make way for the Emira.
1971 911S, weekend toy . . . will probably never sell it.

View attachment 7859View attachment 7860
Be very interested to hear how the Emira stacks up against the 997 GTS. That was going to be my forever ICE car before I stumbled on the Lotus stand just over a year ago.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just got a new 2023 BMW M4 Competition XDrive for sticker price! They are selling $10-30K over used. I was looking at used M4s yesterday at an out of State dealer and I saw they had this new XDrive coming in. I called and asked if it was available and they said no, it was an order, and they had to post it regardless. At 10:30pm last night I get a text from the salesman. The buyer backed out, do I want the car? I jumped on it! Will get to Port August 5th and to the dealer the 12th. I made money by buying this thing. Will drive it till the Lotus comes then sell it for probably more than I paid. Got lucky.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Be very interested to hear how the Emira stacks up against the 997 GTS. That was going to be my forever ICE car before I stumbled on the Lotus stand just over a year ago.
They were a nice buy at £45-55k Now nice manual versions are more than the Emira V6 FE!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just got a new 2023 BMW M4 Competition XDrive for sticker price! They are selling $10-30K over used. I was looking at used M4s yesterday at an out of State dealer and I saw they had this new XDrive coming in. I called and asked if it was available and they said no, it was an order, and they had to post it regardless. At 10:30pm last night I get a text from the salesman. The buyer backed out, do I want the car? I jumped on it! Will get to Port August 5th and to the dealer the 12th. I made money by buying this thing. Will drive it till the Lotus comes then sell it for probably more than I paid. Got lucky.
Congrats, ideal situation!

The G8X is a beast of a car if you're good with the looks.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Congrats, ideal situation!

The G8X is a beast of a car if you're good with the looks.
Yeah, I hit the timing on this perfect. I know people don't like the grill (and I am not a big fan), but the car is black so the grill does not contrast. Also, I go by what the market is saying and if you look at used 2022's....they are going for a lot over sticker, ($95 to $115k) so that matters most to me. I went and looked at some dealers who had 2023's (which mine is) and they were upcharging $10-12k, and that if you can actually get it. I can drive this thing for 6-8 months and at minimum get my money back if not make $10k plus off the sale.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yeah, I hit the timing on this perfect. I know people don't like the grill (and I am not a big fan), but the car is black so the grill does not contrast. Also, I go by what the market is saying and if you look at used 2022's....they are going for a lot over sticker, ($95 to $115k) so that matters most to me. I went and looked at some dealers who had 2023's (which mine is) and they were upcharging $10-12k, and that if you can actually get it. I can drive this thing for 6-8 months and at minimum get my money back if not make $10k plus off the sale.
I do hope it works out but keep in mind the market could be different in 6 to 8 months. Keep an eye on prices so you don't miss a good window to sell.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The only problem I find with multiple cars is managing road tax, insurance and servicing dates.. I use a spreadsheet. The Emira will be our 5th car in the household, I can’t have any more it would break the spreadsheet 😀
🎻

🤣

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I do hope it works out but keep in mind the market could be different in 6 to 8 months. Keep an eye on prices so you don't miss a good window to sell.
Same can be said for the Emira which makes the delays more pertinent

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, it could change. I have bought and sold many performance cars so I am pretty familiar with the process. The good news is that supply still isn't really much better than a year ago for these cars. We'll see.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, it could change. I have bought and sold many performance cars so I am pretty familiar with the process. The good news is that supply still isn't really much better than a year ago for these cars. We'll see.
That’s true. There are still zero cars available 😁

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
They were a nice buy at £45-55k Now nice manual versions are more than the Emira V6 FE!
Totally agree. And I am super grumpy as I had a 997.2 GT3RS from new and when I sold it I couldn’t even get £90k from OPC. How times have changed. I have seen a GTS at near £100k recently. Kind of plays with my head and is why I never got a GTS.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Fab car I had the TWD version what colour combo you getting …..