• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

"Take me home, country roads" run. ( Virginia/West Virginia) (Overnighter @ Canaan Resort)

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How does everyone feel about June 24-26, or would you rather tag along with the other Lotus group on June 7-9?

Ah yes, the sounds of our wallets emptying after finally purchasing and taking possession of our Emiras and paying ole Uncle Sam to register them. Now that they are -slowly- trickling in, I wanted to offer up a "Take me home, country roads" run. This run will start in the historical and picturesque Rockingham County in the western part of Virginia and end at the ski resort capital of West Virginia in Tucker County at Canaan Resort. This will be a 3 day, overnight run staying at Canaan Resort in West Virginia that starts on a Friday and ends with high fives and handshakes leaving the resort on Sunday. With Saturday filled with a tour of the back roads of Tucker county, this run will for sure run up your odometer with smile inducing miles.

Shooting for sometime in June/July. All cars are welcome.

The schedule is tentative currently as I need to see who all would be interested in attending and find a mutual date that works for the majority. It is not necessary to start on Friday, you are more than welcome to meet at Canaan Resort if that is more convenient to you, however you will be missing out on some amazing mountain roads on the way.

Potential Itinerary: Dont have to attend everything, but this is more than likely what I will be doing. Family's are welcome, I will be bringing mine who will be hanging out at the resort and will act as a recovery vehicle in the event we have a breakdown (It is Lotus afterall..)
  • Friday
    • Meet at Thomas House in Dayton Virginia for breakfast and a meet/greet. During this time, the routes will be explained and drivers meeting to explain the roads.
    • Leave Dayton Virginia taking Rt 257 to Rt 924 over the George Washington National Forest into West Virginia, peaking around a 3k elevation change topping out at around 4k near the peak. (22nd highest peak in Virginia)
      • This route is extremely harrowing as there are NO guardrails saving you from going over the side, it is one of the more unforgiving routes but also one of the best I have driven. I have driven this route over 1,000 times over the past 9 years with zero incident. Top speed on this part should not exceed 45 mph as the turns just keep coming relentlessly.
    • After the fun of Rt 924 (RT 25 on WV side) we will head north on Sugar Grove Road (RT 21) and take a restroom/gas stop at the Brandywine General store on Rt 21 and US 33
    • After the rest stop we will continue north passing through Oak Flats and through Franklin, where we will be heading West for a bit.
    • After some spirited driving we will head into Judys Gap and head north again on Rt 28
      • During this time we will pass the amazing Seneca Rocks, which looks like a MASSIVE Mohawk sticking out from the earth that is being conquered daily by rock climbers.
      • This area will have a general store to take a restroom break if needed
    • After Seneca Rocks we will continue on Rt 33/32 into Canaan Resort.
    • Recap of the drive and high fives! Free time to go and drink/swim/eat.
  • Saturday
    • Breakfast and then attacking a loop around Blackwater Falls State Park (Photo Below) (Forward and Reverse if desired)
    • Exploring some new routes
    • Enjoying the local amenities
    • Dinner Together
  • Sunday
    • Eat Breakfast, Photo shoot and farewells.

Interested Parties
  1. DertheDer
  2. SZMAN (From LT)
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 12
  12. 12

1714516938609.png

1714517177248.png

1714517039161.png

Below photos credit to NovaLotusClub during LOG41 at Canaan.

1714517549925.png

1714517572927.png

1714517611211.png

Last edited:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It will depend on date, but if if I can I will be there!

RichiEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Please keep me posted on the dates. 3 hours to get to start of trip. 3.5 hours home from Canaan Resort… so this could work.

OP
D

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Please keep me posted on the dates. 3 hours to get to start of trip. 3.5 hours home from Canaan Resort… so this could work.
Awesome! It's worth it. Amazing views and a great resort. Will figure dates soon.

Porter

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The good dates for me are the weekends of June 8, July 13, or July 20.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I may be interested in this too depending on the dates. Looks like a fun trip!

OP
D

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How does everyone feel about June 24-26, or would you rather tag along with the other Lotus group on June 7-9?

Porter

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
June 24-26 doesn't work on my end unfortunately. And what other Lotus group is doing a thing June 7-9? I missed that one.

Anything in July?

OP
D

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Let me pull some july dates, will update soon.