Changes to home page

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A few people have asked if they can ignore or filter out Off Topic threads or the whole Off Topic sub-forum.

Posts in this sub-forum now no longer show on the home page, so if you want to find Off Topic you need to go into the forum itself by listing the available sub-forums and selecting it.

If you select "What's New" or "New Posts" or "All Latest Posts" then Off Topic threads/posts will still be shown.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a couple requests:
  1. Could we possibly bring back the off-topic posts to the homepage, and make the option of hiding them again user-configurable?
  2. Lastly, could we possible also get a button to ignore specific threads, just like we have for ignoring specific users?
Rationale (in my case, anyways):
  • Off-topic posts:
    • I miss seeing these on the homepage. I know that I can click "Forums > New Posts" to view them again, but that's less convenient.
    • The emiraforum.com homepage is my "main view" for how I visit the forum every day, and hiding any posts from this view essentially means that I will never see them.
  • Hiding specific threads:
    • Some threads I don't want to see anymore (e.g.: the "I'm out" thread)
    • It's annoying seeing threads I'm no longer interested in competing for my attention on the home screen
Not sure how configurable this forum platform is or how hard these would be to implement, but I could even offer my services to build it for you! :)

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey @eriegz

We prefer to keep the off-topic threads off the main page for a few reasons. However, here is a version of the homepage you can bookmark that will display all forum sections including the off-topic:

I installed an add-on that will allow you to ignore threads. While viewing the thread, click on the "More Options" arrow and click ignore thread.

emiraforum-ignorethread.png

The ignored threads will be listed under your account settings if you choose to unignore them:

Hope that helps!

schorsch

Reaction score
Hey @eriegz

We prefer to keep the off-topic threads off the main page for a few reasons. However, here is a version of the homepage you can bookmark that will display all forum sections including the off-topic:

I installed an add-on that will allow you to ignore threads. While viewing the thread, click on the "More Options" arrow and click ignore thread.

View attachment 24099

The ignored threads will be listed under your account settings if you choose to unignore them:

Hope that helps!
I love thos new feature. Thanks for implementing this!

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey @eriegz

View attachment 24099

Hope that helps!
Incredible, thank you!! Tested both out and they work perfectly. 😊