In the flesh HELP!

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
How does the Emira look in the flesh? I have only seen videos & the configurator.
A. Is it worth the wait?
B. Does it look as low & wide.
C. Did it make an impression?
D. Was there anything you didn’t like.?
E. Was there something you didn’t expect?
F. What did you like the most?
I have to wait till thanksgiving 🦃.
Thanks for your input. 😊

@Climber I liked the rear the most, looked incredible. Low and oh so wide. The arches are massive and the cut outs so you can see the tyres/wheels were great
20211018_132012.jpg

Here is my take on your questions:

A. Is it worth the wait?
That's up to each one of us based on wait length and what we think of it once we've lived with it for a bit. The waiting list says an awful lot of people, myself included, believe it will be worth the wait.

B. Does it look as low & wide?
Quite possibly lower and wider - that was my first impression in the flesh! I was slightly worried the roofline might be a little high but that concern evaporated right away.

It has a lot of presence in Seneca, I can't see that presence being lessened in the other colours.

D. Was there anything you didn’t like?
Honestly? No. No bad angles, nothing jarred, the more i looked the more I found to appreciate. I've said it before here but the styling of the Emira really is a lightning in a bottle moment.

None of the preproduction quality issues inside concerned me as I took them for what they were - unfinished mock-ups of what we will get. If Lotus had taken more time to conclude these aspects before the road show I'm sure all they would have got would have been complaints about delaying the road show! Damned if you do.....

The width, presence, styling cohesion - and looking even better than in photos.

The overall form of the body, just genius.

Last edited:
How does the Emira look in the flesh? I have only seen videos & the configurator.
A. Is it worth the wait?
Thanks for your input. 😊
It may help your inquiry to search several Lotus Reveal threads whereby attendees gave reviews and posted both photos and videos. Scale and presence is indicated by enthusiasts inspecting the Shadow Grey Emira.
The Austin Texas reveal last November is pretty popular on YouTube.
I concur with prior post. A,B,C were a strong yes. D is the wait. The E answer is B. It reminded me of my former Esprit and ups the game. As far as F it is stunning and sounds as sharp as its styling. It looks purposeful and coiled to move. Parked motionless seems cruel as it invites being appreciated and driven. You wouldn't leave a Thoroughbred in a stable.
You'll see a dealer sample before Thanksgiving . Meanwhile continue to enjoy the videos including from Lotus. Media reviews are coming.

Here is my take on your questions:

A. Is it worth the wait?
That's up to each one of us based on wait length and what we think of it once we've lived with it for a bit. The waiting list says an awful lot of people, myself included, believe it will be worth the wait.

B. Does it look as low & wide?
Quite possibly lower and wider - that was my first impression in the flesh! I was slightly worried the roofline might be a little high but that concern evaporated right away.

It has a lot of presence in Seneca, I can't see that presence being lessened in the other colours.

D. Was there anything you didn’t like?
Honestly? No. No bad angles, nothing jarred, the more i looked the more I found to appreciate. I've said it before here but the styling of the Emira really is a lightning in a bottle moment.

None of the preproduction quality issues inside concerned me as I took them for what they were - unfinished mock-ups of what we will get. If Lotus had taken more time to conclude these aspects before the road show I'm sure all they would have got would have been complaints about delaying the road show! Damned if you do.....

The width, presence, styling cohesion - and looking even better than in photos.

The overall form of the body, just genius.
Wow 🤩 I have the same concern, I really appreciate your time. 👍

A. Is it worth the wait?
Thanks for your input. 😊
A. Yes, and I've been waiting longer than most having known about the car when Project Gamma kicked off and a long way before the name or reveal. Seeing it for the first time in real life was even better than the pictures.

B. Yes, even more so in real life. The front track is wider than the Evora and the frontal design with the vertically-stacked lights and boomerang vents add to the effect.

C. Yes, and every time I've seen it since. I'm lucky to have seen dozens of them now, in all the FE colours and several other colours. I've probably spent 15+ hours with the cars so far and about 3 hours sat in them. I'd happily spend hours just walking around the cars - any colour, any angle.

D. I'd have preferred a light-coloured headlining on the First Edition - the black is fine but a choice of a lighter option would've been nice to lighten up the interior. It'll probably be an option on the Base Edition. I'd also have liked more colour choices for the FE but am happy with my choice of Hethel Yellow.

E. The build quality on the validation for production interiors I saw at the factory. It's a really nice place to be and well put together. The investment in production engineering and quality is more than I'd expected - particularly the paint shop, panel-fixing robots and the QA inspection/measurement rigs.

F. Supercar looks with sportscar handling and running costs at a decent price.

It may help your inquiry to search several Lotus Reveal threads whereby attendees gave reviews and posted both photos and videos. Scale and presence is indicated by enthusiasts inspecting the Shadow Grey Emira.
The Austin Texas reveal last November is pretty popular on YouTube.
I concur with prior post. A,B,C were a strong yes. D is the wait. The E answer is B. It reminded me of my former Esprit and ups the game. As far as F it is stunning and sounds as sharp as its styling. It looks purposeful and coiled to move. Parked motionless seems cruel as it invites being appreciated and driven. You wouldn't leave a Thoroughbred in a stable.
You'll see a dealer sample before Thanksgiving . Meanwhile continue to enjoy the videos including from Lotus. Media reviews are coming.
Thank You 🙏 I am really looking forward to the review videos, pictures taken be magazines. My dealer told me that I would be placing my final confirmation March-April and getting the car in thanksgiving. My birthday is around that time. Thinking of picking it up at Hethel 😊 love driving.
A. Yes, and I've been waiting longer than most having known about the car when Project Gamma kicked off and a long way before the name or reveal. Seeing it for the first time in real life was even better than the pictures.

B. Yes, even more so in real life. The front track is wider than the Evora and the frontal design with the vertically-stacked lights and boomerang vents add to the effect.

C. Yes, and every time I've seen it since. I'm lucky to have seen dozens of them now, in all the FE colours and several other colours. I've probably spent 15+ hours with the cars so far and about 3 hours sat in them. I'd happily spend hours just walking around the cars - any colour, any angle.

D. I'd have preferred a light-coloured headlining on the First Edition - the black is fine but a choice of a lighter option would've been nice to lighten up the interior. It'll probably be an option on the Base Edition. I'd also have liked more colour choices for the FE but am happy with my choice of Hethel Yellow.

E. The build quality on the validation for production interiors I saw at the factory. It's a really nice place to be and well put together. The investment in production engineering and quality is more than I'd expected - particularly the paint shop, panel-fixing robots and the QA inspection/measurement rigs.

F. Supercar looks with sportscar handling and running costs at a decent price.
Thank You for your helping, this forum is amazing, have learned a lot. Hope to meet some of you 😊👋