Sneak peek of Emira's black wheels in the flesh

StreetSpirit

Reaction score
So I was hyping myself (as we all do) looking more about the Emira,
when I stumbled across a few shots of the black wheels inside the Lotus design studio 2.

I thought I'd share with everyone since as far as I am aware these are the only shots I could find of the black wheels in the flesh.
And they look better than I expected IMHO. 😁 What do you all think?

Emira Black Wheels.PNG

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I was hyping myself (as we all do) looking more about the Emira,
when I stumbled across a few shots of the black wheels inside the Lotus design studio 2.

I thought I'd share with everyone since as far as I am aware these are the only shots I could find of the black wheels in the flesh.
And they look better than I expected IMHO. 😁 What do you all think?

View attachment 1608

This is a wheel prototype. I think they create them in plastic and then insert them into the wheel well to visually inspect potential design options before selecting wheel designs for manufacturing.

You can see the wheel is completely solid about 1/2 way in and that the design is effectively a "3d hubcap".

But yes it does seem to look quite good!

The forged wheels are much thinner and hence lighter than the cast ones and look much better as a result.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is a render of them but a pretty realistic one

Emira-ultra-light-weight-forged-alloy-wheel-V-spoke-in-Black.jpg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is a render of them but a pretty realistic one
I don't know... that looks "satin" or "matte" to me... whereas the description is "glossy". The highlights should be sharp and well defined. The texture is going to have a large effect on how the wheels look. I'm a big fan of black/dark wheels, but I'm not fond of glossy black wheels. I'm seriously thinking of getting the black wheels resprayed with a matte clearcoat, which is not that expensive/difficult to do.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't know... that looks "satin" or "matte" to me... whereas the description is "glossy". The highlights should be sharp and well defined. The texture is going to have a large effect on how the wheels look. I'm a big fan of black/dark wheels, but I'm not fond of glossy black wheels. I'm seriously thinking of getting the black wheels resprayed with a matte clearcoat, which is not that expensive/difficult to do.
Agree that looks matte. I like black wheels but not sure about glossy ones. Again really wish I could see all these things for real before ordering!