• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: šŸ† May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

i4 FE - When are we going to see it? Getting annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
An interesting pic of the installation. The engine cover will sit nice and low (lower than the v6) so there looks like there might be a handy bit of stowage space in the back to pop your take-away in to keep it warm! šŸ˜Š
A great place to make your ā€™sunny side upā€™ eggsā€¦.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This thread title makes me giggle every time it pops back up. The original post was in August 2022. I'm just wondering now if we'll see anything before August 2023!

fellman3

Reaction score
Me too šŸ„“. It's a painful experience, struggling with it at times
14th July 2021 - I suspect it will be a 3 year wait for me. Losing the will at times but waiting for the i4 reviews so letā€™s hope their positive.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
14th July 2021 - I suspect it will be a 3 year wait for me. Losing the will at times but waiting for the i4 reviews so letā€™s hope their positive.
As long as you donā€™t loose your FAITH & HOPE, everything will be allright

(Fellow upcoming I4 FE recipient of Tokyo residence that ordered about the same time that you did)

Russc

Reaction score
You`ve done better than me. I`ve never known a company to work so hard to destroy customer confidence and belief in a brand.

I`ve had enough this week after trying to get through to customer care team as web chat couldn`t help. Over 6 hours in total on hold, 6 voicemails left as you can`t` hold longer than 30 minutes and 7 call-backs attempted via their I`ll call you back service. Oh and 2 emails ignored.

Was due a November build but that would probably slip as i can`t get hold of CC to ask questions to confirm my configuration.

I`m done and i`m out, requesting my deposit back tomorrow. I was an advocate of the brand, this has destroyed my confidence in Lotus to deliver when i need them. On reflection i`m surprised it took me this long, if this was any other company i`d stopped using them a long time ago.

fellman3

Reaction score
You`ve done better than me. I`ve never known a company to work so hard to destroy customer confidence and belief in a brand.

I`ve had enough this week after trying to get through to customer care team as web chat couldn`t help. Over 6 hours in total on hold, 6 voicemails left as you can`t` hold longer than 30 minutes and 7 call-backs attempted via their I`ll call you back service. Oh and 2 emails ignored.

Was due a November build but that would probably slip as i can`t get hold of CC to ask questions to confirm my configuration.

I`m done and i`m out, requesting my deposit back tomorrow. I was an advocate of the brand, this has destroyed my confidence in Lotus to deliver when i need them. On reflection i`m surprised it took me this long, if this was any other company i`d stopped using them a long time ago.
Hard to argue with. The service has been dire coupled with the reversal of the price promise.

OP
G

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi all

Remained positive to date despite the lack of info. Placed my deposit 8th July 21 for an i4 and knew from the outset that this was the way I wanted to go.

Paid the second deposit in June and confirmed spec. Read lots about speculation and V6 but near on nothing about i4. Now with V6 orders likely to land Oct / Nov and other early customers serviced. Where does it leave i4 customers? Itā€™s no poor relation; itā€™s an advanced high power flappy panel machine and being an AMG unit a credible platform that you would think to get far more air time ā€¦

Getting disillusioned with it all and now with the ā€œearly 23ā€ message havenā€™t a clue whatā€™s going on. Ā£5k in not that it matters donā€™t know whether we will see our i4ā€™s before the spring
My two year anniversary coming up guysā€¦ heard nothing for months. If I go off the last update then it should be built next month. Im still ā€œinā€ albeit with no news, reviews and market downturn my interest has wonderedā€¦.

If I hear nothing by the end of July and if delivery passes to autumn then I need to bail out. Had enough now. Two trips to Hethel and Prestbury, lost interest

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I followed an I4 for a few miles yesterday, tried to get the guy to put his foot down to see if it could pull away from my V6 but the guy let me pass him and gave me a smile.

It was a bit of a hybrid, it had lotus NYO on the engine cover but only Lotus lettering on the back of the car, left hand drive. I couldnā€™t hear what it sounded like because my V6 was too noisy in track mode..

Attachments

• IMG_2210.jpeg
    IMG_2210.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2211.jpeg
    IMG_2211.jpeg
    355.4 KB · Views: 135

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My two year anniversary coming up guysā€¦ heard nothing for months. If I go off the last update then it should be built next month. Im still ā€œinā€ albeit with no news, reviews and market downturn my interest has wonderedā€¦.

If I hear nothing by the end of July and if delivery passes to autumn then I need to bail out. Had enough now. Two trips to Hethel and Prestbury, lost interest
Sorry to say this but Bell & Colvill told me demonstraters and first customer deliveries would be September.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I followed an I4 for a few miles yesterday, tried to get the guy to put his foot down to see if it could pull away from my V6 but the guy let me pass him and gave me a smile.

It was a bit of a hybrid, it had lotus NYO on the engine cover but only Lotus lettering on the back of the car, left hand drive. I couldnā€™t hear what it sounded like because my V6 was too noisy in track mode..
Seen loads being made at the factory Wednesday. A few were being moved around, they sounded as to be expected tbh. Like an A-Class AMG. Might sound better at speeds though, but idling/low speed the V6 sounds a lot better. The only one moving at pace was on the test track and it was silent, thought it was electric at first, but it had nothing on the rear, bare frame exposed, so to be expected.

yohc88

Reaction score

Did it have the ADAS sensor pod on the front grille ?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Did it have the ADAS sensor pod on the front grille ?
I wasnā€™t really looking for it to be honest, it certainly wasnā€™t obvious to me when I was looking at it from the front. So if it was there, it was well hidden behind the license plate.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score

M139 version for China will be delivered at the end of this year. So, next will be the USA market or any other region.

Status
Not open for further replies.