i4 FE - When are we going to see it? Getting annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You`ve done better than me. I`ve never known a company to work so hard to destroy customer confidence and belief in a brand.

I`ve had enough this week after trying to get through to customer care team as web chat couldn`t help. Over 6 hours in total on hold, 6 voicemails left as you can`t` hold longer than 30 minutes and 7 call-backs attempted via their I`ll call you back service. Oh and 2 emails ignored.

Was due a November build but that would probably slip as i can`t get hold of CC to ask questions to confirm my configuration.

I`m done and i`m out, requesting my deposit back tomorrow. I was an advocate of the brand, this has destroyed my confidence in Lotus to deliver when i need them. On reflection i`m surprised it took me this long, if this was any other company i`d stopped using them a long time ago.
Same experience in China....

Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I followed an I4 for a few miles yesterday, tried to get the guy to put his foot down to see if it could pull away from my V6 but the guy let me pass him and gave me a smile.

It was a bit of a hybrid, it had lotus NYO on the engine cover but only Lotus lettering on the back of the car, left hand drive. I couldn’t hear what it sounded like because my V6 was too noisy in track mode..
Is it a test car ?

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
M139 version for China will be delivered at the end of this year. So, next will be the USA market or any other region.
Months ago Lotus said the 1st UK batch of i4’s is August production for September delivery with demo cars at the same time. I checked recently and this is apparently still the timescale.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Months ago Lotus said the 1st UK batch of i4’s is August production for September delivery with demo cars at the same time. I checked recently and this is apparently still the timescale.
Me too - same message given to me 🤞

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Me too - same message given to me 🤞
I wonder if this potentially places early I4 orders in the same position as early V6 where customers will be expected to commit before there's been time to see reviews and get a test drive. I put my I4 deposit down on 6/8/21 and I suspect with the number of cancellations over the past 2 years, I could be reasonably high on the list now.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wonder if this potentially places early I4 orders in the same position as early V6 where customers will be expected to commit before there's been time to see reviews and get a test drive. I put my I4 deposit down on 6/8/21 and I suspect with the number of cancellations over the past 2 years, I could be reasonably high on the list now.

I suspect you are correct, I am early as well 8/7/21 and although not in the very first run am still estimated a Sept build around the time of the demo cars. We have been able to test drive at least, just not the correct engine.

simonb

Emira Fan
Reaction score
months ago I was told july build august delivery. Not been updated, if that slips to september delivery it is not the end of the world

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not being able to hear one (let alone get a drive of one) before committing is just beyond the pale... I'm steadily being seduced by the V6 sound these days, and am getting close to swapping my configuration, AMG magical powers be damned!

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Not being able to hear one (let alone get a drive of one) before committing is just beyond the pale... I'm steadily being seduced by the V6 sound these days, and am getting close to swapping my configuration, AMG magical powers be damned!
Yup, that is the devil on my shoulder as well.

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yup, that is the devil on my shoulder as well.
Same here, although I’ve got much longer to way for my i4 build so will at least have time to hear one. BUT, if a V6 auto in my spec became available in the next 6 months that would be tough choice

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have a hunch Lotus are trying to get an i4 or two ready for Goodwood Festival of Speed on 13 July.

They will have lots of deposit holders and prospects attending, so will need to have updates and answers. Getting a running, production spec i4 going up the hill would seem a good way to handle some of that.

They are also launching something new and I’m hoping they’ll have a customer Evija and possibly the Evija X.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a hunch Lotus are trying to get an i4 or two ready for Goodwood Festival of Speed on 13 July.

They will have lots of deposit holders and prospects attending, so will need to have updates and answers. Getting a running, production spec i4 going up the hill would seem a good way to handle some of that.

They are also launching something new and I’m hoping they’ll have a customer Evija and possibly the Evija X.
I can't go this year so if this does happen I'm hoping one or more of those attending will be able to capture the i4 on video - ideally at startup, tickover and "full beans" and in the various modes if possible please?

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I will be there on Thursday so certainly hoping that there is an i4 running. Assuming August UK production this wouldn’t be a major step. I currently have a V6 so I definitely want a test drive to confirm whether I will switch to the i4. My instinct is that the i4 will be the better car but impossible to say without driving it. I do like the V6 sound & manual gearbox but the Mercedes engine is impressive too.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was lucky to spend many hours with MW a few weeks ago (it wasn't planned, I lucked out). Firstly can I say what a genuinely decent and humble guy he is, that's not me being nice, that's my observation over a whole day at Hethel. Anyway, he told me the handling on the i4 is noticeably better due to the aluminium rear chassis assembly. In fact he wished he could have re-engineered the V6 rear steel assembly but there just wasn't budget for the R&D and risk involved over using the existing design. I assume this is the engine sitting lower and perhaps further forward and the gearbox is better located for balance. Now the V6 handling is a serious benchmark so expect great things. Just throwing that in here to keep the i4 depositors enthusiastic.

I have a V6 and was tempted to put a deposit on a i4, though with recent increases in price may hold for now.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have the V6 on order but I've always believed that the I4 version of the Emira is going to be a gem of a car. Even just on paper, the package has so many benefits over the V6. I'm glad to hear that Lotus has taken advantage of those benefits. Reviewers are going to use language like "this is how the Emira should have been" when they review it, methinks.

It was a bit of an odd choicefor the I4 to have less power and be significantly cheaper than the V6.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It was a bit of an odd choicefor the I4 to have less power and be significantly cheaper than the V6.
It's cheaper because it's cheaper to build, the assembly time is significantly lower than the V6

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think on the road, it will be hard to notice the different, as the V6 is already a great handling car, on the track is where the i4 will come into its own.. It just won't have the theatre of the v6 which for me is actually a big thing

Status
Not open for further replies.