Hi from Wales

Warren

Reaction score
I've been lurking around for a few months but finally have a registered account.

I have a deposit down for an Emira, it was a late deposit so I'm in for a long wait but looking forward to my first Lotus. I've waited for cars before so I'm used to it. I've wanted a Lotus since my friends dad took me out in his series one Elise years ago but it never seemed the right time to get one. Hopefully the Emira will be as good as my memory of that Elise.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the deposit. Have you been given any indication on delivery timeframe and do you have any thought on spec?

I’m planning a road trip from South Wales to North Wales then Liverpool and over to Isle of Man for late summer. Loads of great driving roads in Wales - any recommendations?

OP
W

Warren

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the deposit. Have you been given any indication on delivery timeframe and do you have any thought on spec?

I’m planning a road trip from South Wales to North Wales then Liverpool and over to Isle of Man for late summer. Loads of great driving roads in Wales - any recommendations?
I was told 18-24 months a few months ago. I'm hoping for next summer but who knows. Spec wise, I'm thinking a V6 manual in blue with silver wheels but without the black pack or privacy glass.

Loads of great roads around Breacon. I do enjoy the black mountain pass if you can get there on a quiet day and can avoid the sheep.

FrenchBred

Reaction score
Another vote for the black Mountain Road, I've had some epic drives there. Just a shame its a bit isolated in terms of great driving roads.

IanO

Reaction score

Loads of great B-roads, take your pick. Had a cracking drive last May from Aberaeron to Tregaron on the B4577 onto the B4343 to Pontarfynach, B4574 to Rhayadar (beautiful views but a bit narrow for my tastes) then B4518 to LLanidloes. I'm not sure they would count as the top roads in the world but loads of curves hardly any traffic and comfortably wide enough for 2 cars for most of it so no worries about oncoming traffic.

In my experience the Black mountain pass is a decent road let down by the low speed limits and occasional police presence and it can be quite busy as it is so well known, but hey, if you've got the time give it a go and make up your own mind.

In some ways it is just better to look for a wiggly road on a map and give it a go, like all things in life, what you enjoy is a personal thing. I've driven some highly recommended roads in the UK that didn't really do it for me but had some epic drives on roads no-one mentions.

OP
W

Warren

Reaction score
Loads of great B-roads, take your pick. Had a cracking drive last May from Aberaeron to Tregaron on the B4577 onto the B4343 to Pontarfynach, B4574 to Rhayadar (beautiful views but a bit narrow for my tastes) then B4518 to LLanidloes. I'm not sure they would count as the top roads in the world but loads of curves hardly any traffic and comfortably wide enough for 2 cars for most of it so no worries about oncoming traffic.

In my experience the Black mountain pass is a decent road let down by the low speed limits and occasional police presence and it can be quite busy as it is so well known, but hey, if you've got the time give it a go and make up your own mind.

In some ways it is just better to look for a wiggly road on a map and give it a go, like all things in life, what you enjoy is a personal thing. I've driven some highly recommended roads in the UK that didn't really do it for me but had some epic drives on roads no-one mentions.
Yeah agree with you there. There's lots of great B roads around. I might give those two a go, though I recently sold my fun car and need a replacement.

Bang on about the black mountain pass, last time I tackled that it was mid morning on a random Wednesday and there was no one around. Pointless on the weekends.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome. I hope the wait is shortened for you!

Do you know of any fun routes from Bristol to Manchester via Wales? I go up to watch the football a lot, so might be a good way to explore some drives!

FrenchBred

Reaction score
Welcome. I hope the wait is shortened for you!

Do you know of any fun routes from Bristol to Manchester via Wales? I go up to watch the football a lot, so might be a good way to explore some drives!
Would be quite a bit out of your way but If you head to brecon, take B4520 north via lower Chapel & Upper Chapel.
Continue north and when you get to Rhayader take the B4518 instead of a470.

2 decent roads, but they are well known for motorbikes and thus traffic enforcement....

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Would be quite a bit out of your way but If you head to brecon, take B4520 north via lower Chapel & Upper Chapel.
Continue north and when you get to Rhayader take the B4518 instead of a470.

2 decent roads, but they are well known for motorbikes and thus traffic enforcement....
Thanks I’ll put them into maps later, see the route

FrenchBred

Reaction score
Heads up, don't bother with black Mountain pass any more, the fun police have been out....
IMG-20230321-WA0001.jpg

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was told 18-24 months a few months ago. I'm hoping for next summer but who knows. Spec wise, I'm thinking a V6 manual in blue with silver wheels but without the black pack or privacy glass.

Loads of great roads around Breacon. I do enjoy the black mountain pass if you can get there on a quiet day and can avoid the sheep.
Great spec and same as mine. I went yellow calipers and ice grey interior. What did you choose?

OP
W

Warren

Reaction score
So I've been told it's being built next month, a bit of a surprise after initially being told 18 months but I guess with all the cancellations and i4 delays it's been brought forward. I must say this forum is a little scary with the amount of issues people are having and I have considered cancelling. However having seen the Emira again at Goodwood festival of speed and spending two hours at Lotus Southampton when the Saturday event was cancelled I still love the car. I've driven it twice, once on track and both times have impressed, so I'm trying to focus on that and I'm starting to get excited.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So I've been told it's being built next month, a bit of a surprise after initially being told 18 months but I guess with all the cancellations and i4 delays it's been brought forward. I must say this forum is a little scary with the amount of issues people are having and I have considered cancelling. However having seen the Emira again at Goodwood festival of speed and spending two hours at Lotus Southampton when the Saturday event was cancelled I still love the car. I've driven it twice, once on track and both times have impressed, so I'm trying to focus on that and I'm starting to get excited.

Is yours an i4 or v6? Mine is an i4 and supposed to be built next month as well.

OP
W

Warren

Reaction score
Mine is a V6 because I want an old school type car before it's too. However the i4 looked pretty cool at Goodwood and sounded decent too. I really liked the feel of the paddle shifters too so I might be convinced to change to one in the future.