Hi from Wales

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just back from a short tour of North Wales - so many good roads, will follow up with some suggestions

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3442 copy.jpg

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
B4391 Bala to Ffestiniog is an incredible road.
Its worth continuing it onto the B4410 on to Garreg and pick up the A4085

IMG_3496 copy.jpg
IMG_3468 copy.jpg

We took the coastal roads southwards and were not disappointed. Mostly the A496 switching to the A493 after Barmouth. A little east of Barmouth off the A496 there's the Penmaentool wooden toll bridge (pic above), easily missed, you need to look out for the turning, a short road that connects to the A493. We then switched to the A487 down to Aberwystwyth to get some lunch, though following the B4518 towards the Elan valley might be more enjoyable.

Finally a note on route planning. Took me a while to work this out. You can plan a route on Google Maps and transfer this to your phone. But Google Maps will re-route along the waypoints so your carefully planned selection of roads is lost. So here's a few steps to transfer the exact route you want into a CarPlay app:

- Create a map in MyMaps within Google Maps (might need to search on how to do this)
- Add a route and all the waypoints you want to it to get the road selection you want. If you run out of waypoints just add another route
- export as KML

1690054387566.png

Google MyMaps

- Get the Maps.Me app on your phone
- import the KML (send it to yourself via email)
- You now have the exact route , it will show on CarPlay in the Maps.Me app and track your progress, but won't give you driving instructions

Finally, before anyone asks , the number plate is faked in Photoshop :). They are edited iPhone shots, had I a proper camera I would have used a polariser. But I was more interested in the driving!

Last edited: