• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have to be completely honest with you gentleman by the end of my ownership with the Ariel Atom I have to admit I was genuinely sick of the same questions over and over again.
Is that street legal?
Did you build it yourself?
How much horsepower does it have?
How much does it cost?
What engine is in it?
How fast is it?
This was in America, not the UK where the Atom is pretty well known.
Comes with the territory I guess.
I'm thinking even a yellow Emira would garner much less attention. 👍👍

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have to be completely honest with you gentleman by the end of my ownership with the Ariel Atom I have to admit I was genuinely sick of the same questions over and over again.
Is that street legal?
How much does it cost?
What engine is in it?
How fast is it?
LOL not to take away from the attention your Ariel Atom received but to be perfectly honest with you I seem to get the same questions on the Emira GT here in Dallas all the time.
Have been tempted to answer, but have not done so
No idea about any of your questions on my car. I Just bought it because i liked it and no one else has one.

This is my daily driver 2004 jeep wrangler. I try not to stop at any Walmart especially in small Texas towns. 😂😂
1650571892016.jpeg

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Something weird is happening the more I look at the pictures of the yellow Emira, the more I'm drawn to it.
Then I ask myself, do I really want to be that douchebag, attention whore driving around in that obscenely conspicuous yellow sports car?
And then I answer, maybe I am, maybe I am that douchebag attention whore because I did own an Ariel Atom for 7 years, and there's really nothing out there that gets more attention than an Ariel Atom on a public road.
The more I look at it, the more I think that yellow with a black roof and black wheels looks absolutely amazing.
Who cares what other people think anyways.
More decisions.
Great post! I’d never owned a yellow car until 2 years ago when I bought a racing yellow Porsche. It’s never fails to put a big, stupid smile on my face, which has a lot to do with the colour. An added bonus is it takes a lot to look dirty & when it does it weirdly suits it in a sort of rally stage type way. Life’s too short. Do you! 💛👊

Attachments

• C03A9C68-0C62-45EC-9461-46BE4EEA9021.jpeg
    C03A9C68-0C62-45EC-9461-46BE4EEA9021.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 73
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I haven’t had a yellow Lotus yet, but I know many people who have. You’ll find the reaction is almost always positive and curious. Allow extra time for journeys, as you will spend a lot of time talking to compete strangers about the car :)

It’s different to driving a yellow Lamborghini or Porsche. The mustard tone in Lotus yellows softens it and is a factor in making it a more friendly colour.

I’m looking forward to getting mine. I’ve had to persuade my wife and daughters that “mid life crisis yellow” is a fine and historic choice for a Lotus. And as they rarely ride with me it doesn’t matter if they “won’t be seen dead in a bright yellow car”.

F0580085-6F20-4C95-B398-5F76A7639F22.jpeg

Picture credit: Mickle on TheLotusForums

Last edited:

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I haven’t had a yellow Lotus yet, but I know many people who have. You’ll find the reaction is almost always positive and curious. Allow extra time for journeys, as you will spend a lot of time talking to compete strangers about the car :)

It’s different to driving a yellow Lamborghini or Porsche. The mustard tone in Lotus yellows softens it and is a factor in making it a more friendly colour.

I’m looking forward to getting mine. I’ve had to persuade my wife and daughters that “mid life crisis yellow” is a fine and historic choice for a Lotus. And as they rarely ride with me it doesn’t matter if they “won’t be seen dead in a bright yellow car”.

View attachment 4694
Love it. if that is your build then I have done mine identical. Colour, wheels and calipers the same

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, that’s my spec. With black leather interior and privacy glass delete.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Who cares! Do what makes you feel good!
Btw ... my order is yellow with black rims. As soon as the Emira will be ready for pick up at my dealer, I'll send pics and vids!
Stay tuned!

*Set a reminder to check back on this in 2 years

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't think it will matter what color it is, if you're in one of these out on the street, you're going to get attention. Even though it says LOTUS in big letters on the back of the car, people are going to come up to you and ask "What is this?" Oh the burdens we have to bear.... ;)

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't think it will matter what color it is, if you're in one of these out on the street, you're going to get attention. Even though it says LOTUS in big letters on the back of the car, people are going to come up to you and ask "What is this?" Oh the burdens we have to bear.... ;)
Hey look, its a new Ferrari Lotus! :ROFLMAO:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is that street legal?
How much does it cost?
What engine is in it?
How fast is it?
I remember reading an article about 10 years ago where they reported the exact same thing:

Two journalists borrowed an Ariel Atom from some Toronto owner, and after only an afternoon driving the car around the city they joked that they were about ready to put a gigantic decal on the side and just point to it whenever anyone walked up to the car:
  • "It's an Ariel Atom."
  • "It costs $80,000."
  • "The engine is a Honda i-VTEC."
  • "245 hp."
etc... 😅

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

View attachment 4694
Tom my man I'm really digging the yellow with those diamond cut wheels, better than both the silver or black V-spokes, and the black pack is a must.
However, I would probably go full yellow and get black ppf on the roof etc just in case I ever want a change in the future.
👍👍

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hey look, its a new Ferrari Lotus! :ROFLMAO:
Over 10 years of Evora ownership I’ve been asked many times “so, who makes these Lotus cars?”.

I say this bloke Matt and his mates knock them together in a shed in Norfolk (and before Matt it was Phil, Mike and Colin). They seem surprised then happy about that :)

Golfer1971

Reaction score
Is that street legal?
How much does it cost?
What engine is in it?
How fast is it?
I nearly had the same when I drove my Rage Buggy here in Germany. Same questions at anytime. Even when I was at the gas station to get some fuel. Annoying, I agree.
But after a while I didn’t care anymore. When driving with my boy he was always happy to answer all the questions in detail.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have owned a saffron yellow Exige S2 since 2005 - yes it does get attention, but almost always positive.. Maybe it is a bit shouty, but I have to say, when I went to the Newlands Corner meet (in the UK organised by our very own @TomE) and there were pretty much the whole range of colours there, I knew then, that yellow is the right colour for my Emira...

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have owned a saffron yellow Exige S2 since 2005 - yes it does get attention, but almost always positive.. Maybe it is a bit shouty, but I have to say, when I went to the Newlands Corner meet (in the UK organised by our very own @TomE) and there were pretty much the whole range of colours there, I knew then, that yellow is the right colour for my Emira...
And a very lovely Exige it is too!

Here it is parked next to “Nimbus Grey”, “Seneca Blue”, “Magma Red”, “Dark Verdant” and “Shadow Grey” ;)

0E84AE22-90B0-46F4-86DC-23A7D5ED5D97.jpeg

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When I had my Evora, for some reason small children used to point at it when I drove past. I always assumed they were saying “Daddy can we have a cool orange car like that”!
View attachment 4712
I mean this orange Evora looks so stellar in comparison to all the cars in the background, I really like the original design of the Evora, also beautifully composed in orange with those black wheels. :love:

I'm also in the camp of shouty colours as in my opinion the Emira deserves such a bold colour, it does not need to be hidden away.

My first real "car moment" was in 1988 seeing my first Lamborghini Countach in white parked in our little street. I think everyone recalls those memories and I want my Emira to be that memorable for little kids nowadays! :)

own_spec.JPG

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve just paid my stage 2 deposit and gone tan leather and leather wheel. What are the pros and cons of alcantara seats as I’ve not considered before. Also opted for manual until such time I’ve given an IPS a good test which is this friday 💥
We need your report on that ips.......in anorak detail. Thanks!