Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Useful picture, shows the mustard tone of the Hethel Yellow well in comparison to the lemon tone of PRY.Does
Useful picture, shows the mustard tone of the Hethel Yellow well in comparison to the lemon tone of PRY.
Would you say HY is in between Speed and Signal then? (Racing, Speed, Signal from left to right)

Attachments

• 136B81D5-EAFF-482C-ACEC-8D285EDA1A7C.jpeg
    136B81D5-EAFF-482C-ACEC-8D285EDA1A7C.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 97
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Would you say HY is in between Speed and Signal then? (Racing, Speed, Signal from left to right)
Yes. Slightly more towards Signal than Speed.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Yes. Slightly more towards Signal than Speed.
That is a winner! Since a GT3 touring in Signal is unobtanium, then the obtanium Hy Emira is perfect!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting. One of the group's admins is on here... :)

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I unfortunately got banned from this group for giving a few home truths to an overly confident yank.
No surely not! I cannot believe it? as a southerner Im so sorry they did that. between us they think the world is still flat! and money can buy anything and real taste is irrelevant. Oh and by the way they are all experts who can also run lotus instantly.

Damn, I might now be banned, PS still getting my car soon, so don't care, plus when mine arrives there will be no pics.

Anyway live long and Lotus

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Last edited:

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
f0580085-6f20-4c95-b398-5f76a7639f22-jpeg.4694

The question came up on anther thread, so adding here:

The picture is a composite. Original photo is of a Seneca Blue car and that's been re-edited to Hethel Yellow and has all the other elements of my spec. Credit to Mickle on TheLotusForums, who is getting the same spec externally. The editing has taken into account the pictures we have of the HY car at the Eletre reveal and some leaked pictures from the factory.
Tom, is the ride height the same as the Seneca Blue show car, which was set lower than expected, or that of the production car?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom, is the ride height the same as the Seneca Blue show car, which was set lower than expected, or that of the production car?
The source picture is the China Seneca show car, which is lower than production height but isn't as lowered as the UK Seneca show car. I think the China car is roughly 5-10mm lower than production. The Hethel Yellow Emira at the BBC Eletre reveal was production spec, but looked to be riding about 5mm too high. The gap between outer edge of tyre and edge of bodywork should be the same at 12 o'clock as at 3 and 9 o'clock.

BBC Eltre reveal:
BBC TVC HY Emira 1.jpg

China show car:
Hethel Yellow emira-wallpaper (Mickle) flipped.jpg

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I just drove by a Cyber Orange Metallic Bronco and was wondering how does it compare. It has a metallic element but looked liked this.

Attachments

• F50B18CF-F91A-406D-BAA6-168F421A7E54.jpeg
    F50B18CF-F91A-406D-BAA6-168F421A7E54.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 31

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The source picture is the China Seneca show car, which is lower than production height but isn't as lowered as the UK Seneca show car. I think the China car is roughly 5-10mm lower than production. The Hethel Yellow Emira at the BBC Eletre reveal was production spec, but looked to be riding about 5mm too high. The gap between outer edge of tyre and edge of bodywork should be the same at 12 o'clock as at 3 and 9 o'clock.

BBC Eltre reveal:
View attachment 4765

China show car:
View attachment 4766
Thanks for that. I hope we get to see photographs of production models soon...

HeReigns

Reaction score
How does the Hethel Yellow compare to the Nitro Yellow from a Toyota Supra? I really like the Nitro Yellow. Deciding between Hethel and Nimbus.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
How does the Hethel Yellow compare to the Nitro Yellow from a Toyota Supra? I really like the Nitro Yellow. Deciding between Hethel and Nimbus.
Have not seen either in person but seems Nitro is a bit darker and has more orange to it. Closer to Signal Yellow maybe.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
without BP the lines flow better but the car looks a little taller.
I hear what you're saying. For me personally, I would never go for the upper black pack on the Emira. The car is far too beautiful to hide any of its curves and shapes. 😎

You know, on that note it's funny; after it was unveiled last summer, the number one comment everyone made about the Emira was that it offered "supercar looks for sports car price". And yet, that didn't stop many fans around the world from complaining about how it didn't look enough like a supercar for sports car price! 😄 I guess you just can't win...

Anyways, if you're worried about the car looking too tall, Top Gear even did a little experiment to test the road presence of the Emira sitting next to one of the lowest vehicles on the road — the Lamborghini Huracan. Judge for yourself, but I don't think you'll be disappointed!

emira-next-to-huracan-1.jpg
emira-next-to-huracan-2.jpg
emira-next-to-huracan-3.jpg

emira-next-to-huracan-4.jpg

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Yellow is the one color I'm sure would need BP. Looks kind of plain without it.
I see what you're saying but does that apply to white and zinc grey and other light colors?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I see what you're saying but does that apply to white and zinc grey and other light colors?
Every color is a little different. Might be too much contrast for the white they are using? Zinc grey would probably benefit since it looks like a flat/nonmetallic color.