Purple Haze Lotus Emira Photo Thread

I saw this spec at my dealer this past Friday -- I wasn't the least bit excited about it in person. It just didn't flow well IMO..... for someone this is just what they're waiting for, so good on Lotus for offering options.
 
Still looking quite a bit flatter than in the press photos.

Edit - maybe it wasn’t the press photos. I think it was this thread that set my expectations:


Too bad it didn’t look more like that R8
 
Last edited:
Still looking quite a bit flatter than in the press photos.

Edit - maybe it wasn’t the press photos. I think it was this thread that set my expectations:


Too bad it didn’t look more like that R8

I actually like less metallic, but I know I am in the minority. I was hoping for something closer to Porsche's Ultraviolet. These pics give me a little bit a hope. I like dark purples and plums.
 
I actually like less metallic, but I know I am in the minority. I was hoping for something closer to Porsche's Ultraviolet. These pics give me a little bit a hope. I like dark purples and plums.
I haven’t seen it in person yet. But it looks like in fluorescent light and flat light it looks more like a solid color, but in the sun, it looks like a high travel very fine flake metallic.
 
IMG_1139.webp

I haven’t seen it in person yet. But it looks like in fluorescent light and flat light it looks more like a solid color, but in the sun, it looks like a high travel very fine flake metallic.
It’s kind of crazy that all of these are the same color.
 

Attachments

  • 9076A6BE-FE08-42A3-B41C-9F446B890980.webp
    9076A6BE-FE08-42A3-B41C-9F446B890980.webp
    477.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 8AA1A83F-E78D-456A-AA81-F21DC32723DC.webp
    8AA1A83F-E78D-456A-AA81-F21DC32723DC.webp
    453.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1019.webp
    IMG_1019.webp
    157.3 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0967.webp
    IMG_0967.webp
    119.4 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0885.webp
    IMG_0885.webp
    80.7 KB · Views: 235
It’s kind of crazy that all of these are the same color

I find a bunch of the colours like that. Especially verdant, shadow, meridian. They can look completely different in different lighting.
 
I find a bunch of the colours like that. Especially verdant, shadow, meridian. They can look completely different in different lighting.
Completely agree, my Meridian Blue, looks a very standard blue is overcast weather/light, but in the Sun, looks like a completely different colour, lots of sparkle to it
It does help if I keep it clean too, which I am terrible at
 
Similar with Magma red. If it’s dirty or the weather’s overcast, it’s just dark red. But clean and in the sun it sparkles like crazy!
 
For sure would be wearing a full face helmet driving that color around town.
But to each their own.
 
Completely agree, my Meridian Blue, looks a very standard blue is overcast weather/light, but in the Sun, looks like a completely different colour, lots of sparkle to it
It does help if I keep it clean too, which I am terrible at
I considered Meridian Blue. My dealer had Meridian and racing green in stock and both showed off the car’s curves perfectly, changing color on every surface.
 
I considered Meridian Blue. My dealer had Meridian and racing green in stock and both showed off the car’s curves perfectly, changing color on every surface.
I wanted a colour that helped the car fly under the radar a bit, it gets enough attention as it is, without it being a bright colour and shouting "Look at Me!!!". However, there have been a number of cars that have been posted on here, that have at times made me want to reconsider that thought, as they look stunning
 
Some photos my dealer took before giving me keys. Looks much darker (muted perhaps?) when not in sunlight.

Full album here
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3932 2.webp
    IMG_3932 2.webp
    143.6 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_3933.webp
    IMG_3933.webp
    117.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3935.webp
    IMG_3935.webp
    134.2 KB · Views: 227
indoors for comparison with Zinc Grey, EOS Green and Osmium Silver
cca23998-6d0e-4d4b-baaf-67e90c17acda.webp
 
Was out for a "spirited" drive a couple days ago enjoying the lovely weather we've been having in Scotland and around a corner in the distance I saw coming towards me one of the nicest looking cars I've ever seen in the wild. The purple colour glistening in the sunlight threw me off and from a distance and I was wondering if it was a pagani or other exotic. It was only when she got closer and flashed her lights at me that I realised I was drooling over an Emira...

So yeah, as much as I love my all-yellow (and definitely think it looks the best on an overcast day) I can confirm the purple looks stunning when polished up on a sunny blue-sky day.
 
I picked up my Emira yesterday. Now it’s off to PPF and tinting!

It’s a V6 Touring. I had only driven the sport suspension, but 5 minutes after leaving the dealership, I was sure I had made the correct choice.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2385.webp
    IMG_2385.webp
    411 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2388.webp
    IMG_2388.webp
    473.8 KB · Views: 125
on my screen those 2 shots look pretty accurate to the overall color.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top