Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
When I had my Evora, for some reason small children used to point at it when I drove past. I always assumed they were saying “Daddy can we have a cool orange car like that”!
View attachment 4712
See now -THAT- is a sports car color. Why, oh WHY, Lotus aren’t you giving us super fun colors like this!

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My first Yellow Lotus, but the 6th yellow sports car (in solid or pearlescent/metallic finish from 3 different manufacturers), so I am clearly biased. As such, colour choice was the least of my worries when it came to configuring the Emira.

Hey look, its a new Ferrari Lotus! :ROFLMAO:
...or perhaps a Lotus-tuned Ferrari! :D

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
in my opinion the Emira deserves such a bold colour, it does not need to be hidden away.

My first real "car moment" was in 1988 seeing my first Lamborghini Countach in white parked in our little street. I think everyone recalls those memories and I want my Emira to be that memorable for little kids nowadays! :)

Agreed and one of the reasons I went with Seneca! We have an exotic car rally to our local children's hospital each year around Christmas where everyone pulls up with tons of gifts and donations and the kids are all so excited to come out and check out the cars and receive gifts. I want a bright and fun car that excites people of all ages (and myself!). I want to be excited every time I open my garage door or look back at it after I park. I already have a clean white daily driver that's understated, yet super quick and fun to drive. I want my dedicated sportscar to have maximum driver engagement and excitement so it's an event every time I start it.

One of the funniest comments I saw early on here was negatively stating that the Emira's "wheels look like a Hot Wheels car." Who doesn't want a Hot Wheels version of their car!? Let alone a real life version of a toy MOST people only get to dream of driving.

My second choice was Hethel Yellow, but I decided against it since I already owned a yellow sportscar at one point and I really wanted yellow accents and calipers and I though that'd be too much yellow. Also, I think Seneca will be a premium color upcharge and might help with resale when it comes time for me to order a bespoke color Emira in a few years. :alien:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I owned a yellow esprit gt3 15 years ago and the lads at work still mention my ‘flying banana’ from time to time. It’s certainly a colour that gets noticed 😁

Definitely! Here's my yellow Fast & Furious toy... I actually remember bees being attracted to it. Not sure if it was the smell of the quik detailer spray I used, the color, or maybe a combination!

borders.JPG

gsxr300zx.JPG

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Definitely! Here's my yellow Fast & Furious toy... I actually remember bees being attracted to it. Not sure if it was the smell of the quik detailer spray I used, the color, or maybe a combination!

View attachment 4720

View attachment 4719
GORGEOUS!! 😍 Was the bike yours too? I love how they match.

I wish Lotus offered a yellow closer to the above, which is what I would pick (will pick?) if they offered custom paint options.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
GORGEOUS!! 😍 Was the bike yours too? I love how they match.

I wish Lotus offered a yellow closer to the above, which is what I would pick (will pick?) if they offered custom paint options.

No, that was a friend's GSX-R. I briefly owned a bike, but I definitely belong on 4 wheels! ;)

The Z was painted with Glasurit paint in Ferrari's Giallo Modena IIRC. It was a flat paint and probably similar to Hethel Yellow!

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did everyone see the FB post of the video on the street? I tried to cross post or download the vid, but FB doesn't allow. Looks really good! Street presence is awesome! If this was posted earlier... apologies for the duplicate post.
I saw a notification from you earlier but when I clicked on the link I couldn't find your comment. Did you post a picture?

Also, which Facebook group is this?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s a private FB group, so the link will only work if you’re already a member of the group.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
For those that have seen Hethel Yellow in person, how does it compare with to the Porsche yellows?

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For those that have seen Hethel Yellow in person, how does it compare with to the Porsche yellows?

Here’s the HY sample next to Porsche racing yellow…
83F52C35-F686-43D9-AAD2-2A6069129783.jpeg

andyss

Reaction score
From this photo rear lights look as though they could be more prominent - there lost. Think there is no bad angles in this car the back is my least favourite
It's an awful quality, low res, over-compressed video from Facebook with the led lights beating with the video frame rate. You can just about see there's a yellow car there, I wouldn't be too worried (yet) based on this video.

Unfortunately when I saw this car while on the way to Hethel it was going the other way so I didn't get any better quality footage.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I haven’t had a yellow Lotus yet, but I know many people who have. You’ll find the reaction is almost always positive and curious. Allow extra time for journeys, as you will spend a lot of time talking to compete strangers about the car :)

It’s different to driving a yellow Lamborghini or Porsche. The mustard tone in Lotus yellows softens it and is a factor in making it a more friendly colour.

I’m looking forward to getting mine. I’ve had to persuade my wife and daughters that “mid life crisis yellow” is a fine and historic choice for a Lotus. And as they rarely ride with me it doesn’t matter if they “won’t be seen dead in a bright yellow car”.

f0580085-6f20-4c95-b398-5f76a7639f22-jpeg.4694

The question came up on anther thread, so adding here:

The picture is a composite. Original photo is of a Seneca Blue car and that's been re-edited to Hethel Yellow and has all the other elements of my spec. Credit to Mickle on TheLotusForums, who is getting the same spec externally. The editing has taken into account the pictures we have of the HY car at the Eletre reveal and some leaked pictures from the factory.