OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Headlights look tinted
I think you're seeing the grey back of the unit's interior. The glass is clear. This close up pic from digilotus shows it:

emira-headlight-design (digilotus).png

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
View attachment 6400
Keep on playing with the configurator to get a feel. I think there’s enough black in the cabin for this combo to work.
As someone said, you don’t see all the colors at once being outside or inside, so it might not matter as much. However, IMO there are too many colors: yellow, black roof, tan and black interior with red started cover, and whatever your brake caliper color is. Maybe no black pack.

Blue97

Reaction score
I think it all works really well - I work in high end fashion so think have some idea about colours. Not the safe choice but when you see the combo in real life a lot will wish they had been braver and chosen that spec. Yellow callipers - definitely not Red . Don’t worry about the different shades of yellow. Try the Silver wheels. A lot of Ferrari with Yellow and Tan /Brown.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 6400
Keep on playing with the configurator to get a feel. I think there’s enough black in the cabin for this combo to work.
I’d get rid of those red callipers and go with black or yellow (second choice). The black callipers will compliment the black pack well. Personally I love the black pack on yellow

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I've only watched it 1,000,000 times. Crap, make that 1,000,001.

Things I SERIOUSLY hope can be options:

1.) I'm speccing the Full Black Pack with Silver V Spoke wheels and would LOVE if we can opt for the silver exhaust tips WHILE still keeping everything else Black Pack.

2.) Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease have the option for Black/Silver Lotus center wheel caps and front badge to match the one on the steering wheel?

Mickle

Reaction score

1.) I'm speccing the Full Black Pack with Silver V Spoke wheels and would LOVE if we can opt for the silver exhaust tips WHILE still keeping everything else Black Pack.

2.) Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease have the option for Black/Silver Lotus center wheel caps and front badge to match the one on the steering wheel?
Completely agree, the silver exhaust tips on the Electre launch car work really well with the diamond cut wheels too. I noticed on the factory tour that the exhaust tips were fitted to the bumper/diffuser quite early on so I don't think the factory will entertain fitting silver tips, but I'd hope it would be possible to buy a set of silver ones.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

You know those things are going to be easily purchased after-market, and probably for around $100. Not a biggie.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Those are both simple enough to change yourself. Here are the center cap stickers and I'm sure you can order oem silver exhaust finishers direct from Lotus or just paint them yourself with silver high temp spray paint.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Because we need reminding again what Hethel Yellow will look like and hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll get a call from Lotus this/next week to confirm my delivery date in July...

Hethel Yellow emira-wallpaper (Mickle).jpg

Tom spec rhd-fbp (eriegz).jpg

Pics: Mickle and eriegz

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, waiting for the aftermarket folks to catch up.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, waiting for the aftermarket folks to catch up.
Is there an "IND" equivalent to Lotus parts, where quality and fitment is a safe bet?

I've used IND quite a bit for my M2 Competition, and love that a lot of their mods are sourced from OEM parts.

Mickle

Reaction score
Is there an "IND" equivalent to Lotus parts, where quality and fitment is a safe bet?

I've used IND quite a bit for my M2 Competition, and love that a lot of their mods are sourced from OEM parts.
Although I went OEM on my M2 Comp I’ve heard good things about AutoID in the UK and they look to be good value. I’m sure I’ve seen the owner Jack posting in the Emira groups about having a deposit down so I’m hoping they’ll be producing parts!

I’ve seen a lot of Komo-tec parts in videos on Exiges which look fantastic but are very pricy, not sure what their plans are for the Emira.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

GRP is probably your best source in the US for aftermarket parts like this for Lotus cars

Ingzi

Reaction score
Because we need reminding again what Hethel Yellow will look like and hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll get a call from Lotus this/next week to confirm my delivery date in July...

View attachment 6481
View attachment 6482
Pics: Mickle and eriegz
Having gone to the factory yesterday they really have picked up production now. There’s lots coming off the production line so think it will be imminent. Having said that they’re having more supplier issues with Shanghai so it will probably slow down again soon.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Having gone to the factory yesterday they really have picked up production now. There’s lots coming off the production line so think it will be imminent. Having said that they’re having more supplier issues with Shanghai so it will probably slow down again soon.
You must be one of the first who went to the factory whilst in "production" mode!

I'm curious what other insights you can share? How were the seats? What was the mood/buzz like? Did the cars look good coming off the line? :D

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You must be one of the first who went to the factory whilst in "production" mode!

I'm curious what other insights you can share? How were the seats? What was the mood/buzz like? Did the cars look good coming off the line? :D

Would be good to have your thoughts @Ingzi over on the factory tour thread

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This should probably be in a different thread sorry!
I've asked Admins to move it, so your post and related follow-ons should move over soon 👍

Edit: and there it goes...

Thanks Admins!

Last edited:
Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts