Hethel Yellow Lotus Emira Photo Thread

V5RCB

Reaction score
What are the 3 stripes doing on the outside of the car?
Dunno, but only the Hethels get them apparently ! The Seneca had to make do without..
IMG-20220525-WA0015.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I wonder if they're testing something with the blue car following the yellow? Maybe an ADAS thing on actual streets in traffic? Any pictures of the fronts to see if they have the ADAS sensor?

There are some white or silver strips in the rear window of the yellow car too... interesting.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does this car even have a bad angle? It doesn't even look like a production car; more like a one-off show car.
It really doesn't have a bad angle, for those of you that haven't seen the car in the flesh you are in for a proper treat.

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I wonder if they're testing something with the blue car following the yellow? Maybe an ADAS thing on actual streets in traffic? Any pictures of the fronts to see if they have the ADAS sensor?

There are some white or silver strips in the rear window of the yellow car too... interesting.
They are perhaps testing yellow (on this thread) is faster ;)

V5RCB

Reaction score

Only the blue one. You might be on to something..
IMG-20220525-WA0011.jpg

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tarragona is where the Applus IDIADA proving ground is located. There were some previous spots of pre-prod cars near Barcelona a few months ago, and I speculated they were using Applus IDIADA as a test centre. These will be pre-prod cars too, doing development and validation work.

Both V6 cars judging by the visible linkage in the engine bay - the small silver bit in the rear centre of the engine bay.

Applus IDIADA is primarily a dynamic handling test facility, but they do have an ADAS test track too:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
they are testing the US version, bars and stripes. Bars missing since it's pre-production.
Colors of Bars and Stripes cannot be shown until they take a real picture in FE version

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tarragona is where the Applus IDIADA proving ground is located. There were some previous spots of pre-prod cars near Barcelona a few months ago, and I speculated they were using Applus IDIADA as a test centre. These will be pre-prod cars too, doing development and validation work.

Both V6 cars judging by the visible linkage in the engine bay - the small silver bit in the rear centre of the engine bay.

Applus IDIADA is primarily a dynamic handling test facility, but they do have an ADAS test track too:
Correct as always @TomE.
my dealer has confirmed all the above through Lotus South Europe Sales

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thoughts on Hethel yellow with black pack and Tan leather interior?
I remember seeing lotus design studio produce a chart of what works with what, I think they put yellow and tan as not recommended. Tan may be a tad bold with the Yellow! But if you love it, what does it matter to anyone else (apart from maybe resale... but who cares about money really....).

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I remember seeing lotus design studio produce a chart of what works with what, I think they put yellow and tan as not recommended. Tan may be a tad bold with the Yellow! But if you love it, what does it matter to anyone else (apart from maybe resale... but who cares about money really....).
I have seen that….. but I really love the tan interior now that I have seen them in videos…..

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Generally "complementary colors" work better with each other. See the complementary colors chart below.

That said, the tan seats look very nice and when you are sitting in the car you are not exactly seeing the external color, and when you are outside the car, you don't really see that much of the seats. So not huge deal either way.