Factory Tour Thread

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Nimbus with tan interior looks good. I would have gone with black calipers instead of red, but the car looks really really nice. With or without the black pack, Nimbus looks good.
I would leave the red calipers and swap tan for red leather to give it a bit more pizazz.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nimbus/tan/red calipers/red seatbelts was my original spec, until my midlife crisis took over and I switched to Magma.
Ha, yep. When the cars are out in full force, say Spring 2023, then I believe people will most love the Nimbus and Magma. I hope that is not the case, as ours will be less special. 🙄

Ingzi

Reaction score
You must be one of the first who went to the factory whilst in "production" mode!

I'm curious what other insights you can share? How were the seats? What was the mood/buzz like? Did the cars look good coming off the line? :D
Well they’re putting out 1 Emira every 17 minutes currently they said. Which does add up as on the big production board it had 29 complete at the end of the day.

The tour was brilliant, would highly recommend for a start. The money Lotus has spent on the factory is great to see as well. No more cutting corners!

There was the odd I4 going through but probably 95% were all V6s. We were told that where they are now with V6s is where they plan to be with I4s around November. They also had a couple of base editions going through. One in more of a ‘Ferrari red’ and the other white, they also had base edition alloys which were similar to the first edition black ones but with a silver rim around them (similar to the Mercedes’ ones).

The main reason I went was to decide on colours and it certainly changed my opinion. I had originally chosen Magma Red, I’ve now changed to Seneca Blue. IMO the Dark Verdant looked nothing like the configurator, it was pretty much black but in certain light almost had this blue tinge to it. The Nimbus grey and Seneca were the standouts. Shoutout to hethel yellow as well.

Personally, thought the black seats were the best. The white did look nice on the right colour car, the tan and red I wasn’t so keen on. They seemed to get a bit of creasing in the corners.

For reference as well I am 6”5 tall and had no problem sitting in the drivers seat of one. They truly do feel like such a ‘racing’ car though sitting behind the wheel. Brilliant seat position.

The Emira really did look so much better in the flesh than the pictures / videos!

I also managed to persuade someone to rev an I4 and it sounded great!

Ingzi

Reaction score
Well they’re putting out 1 Emira every 17 minutes currently they said. Which does add up as on the big production board it had 29 complete at the end of the day.

The tour was brilliant, would highly recommend for a start. The money Lotus has spent on the factory is great to see as well. No more cutting corners!

There was the odd I4 going through but probably 95% were all V6s. We were told that where they are now with V6s is where they plan to be with I4s around November. They also had a couple of base editions going through. One in more of a ‘Ferrari red’ and the other white, they also had base edition alloys which were similar to the first edition black ones but with a silver rim around them (similar to the Mercedes’ ones).

The main reason I went was to decide on colours and it certainly changed my opinion. I had originally chosen Magma Red, I’ve now changed to Seneca Blue. IMO the Dark Verdant looked nothing like the configurator, it was pretty much black but in certain light almost had this blue tinge to it. The Nimbus grey and Seneca were the standouts. Shoutout to hethel yellow as well.

Personally, thought the black seats were the best. The white did look nice on the right colour car, the tan and red I wasn’t so keen on. They seemed to get a bit of creasing in the corners.

For reference as well I am 6”5 tall and had no problem sitting in the drivers seat of one. They truly do feel like such a ‘racing’ car though sitting behind the wheel. Brilliant seat position.

The Emira really did look so much better in the flesh than the pictures / videos!

This should probably be in a different thread sorry!

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That is great to hear! Quite a few of us tall folk had been a bit concerned about the driving position. I sat in a pre-prod car at the factory last month and the seat was much improved over the static show car, but I was told it would be tweaked further for production, including a lower seat base. I guess you found the seat to be low enough even at 6"5?

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

So I take it they are still forbidding guests taking any photos on the tours?

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

You Must at be the first person to know what the i4 sounded like!!! did it sound different to Mercedes A45s??

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
they also had base edition alloys which were similar to the first edition black ones but with a silver rim around them (similar to the Mercedes’ ones).

This is interesting! I wonder if there will also be more wheel options for base spec Emiras. Did you happen to see any full silver forged wheels? I'm wondering if Rimstock has supplied them to Lotus yet.

Mickle

Reaction score
they also had base edition alloys which were similar to the first edition black ones but with a silver rim around them (similar to the Mercedes’ ones).
Sounds similar to one of the alloys available on the Evora GT
1655216810504.png

boozyjay

Reaction score
And the TT RS sounds good, well it did before the GPF was added in 2019?
Well that’s totally good enough for me
I sold my 2018 TTRS last year, it was the pre-facelift. Went like stink, but I just wasn't driving it so let it go. I have a tinge of regret and was going to buy another, but then used prices went through the roof...

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I sold my 2018 TTRS last year, it was the pre-facelift. Went like stink, but I just wasn't driving it so let it go. I have a tinge of regret and was going to buy another, but then used prices went through the roof...
Baby RS, M and R cars seem very expensive at the moment.
Definitely make the base Emira look like a bargain