Factory Tour Thread

Justin

Reaction score
From the configurator I also had the same concern that the Red would be too bright and tacky but after seeing them in the flesh they look good šŸ‘ which exterior colour have you gone for Justin
Iā€™ve ā€™ahemā€™ gone all red, red paint, red calipers, red seats. I know itā€˜s NR, but yellow and blue donā€™t seem to suit red interior, and Iā€™ve already got a GT Silver 911.1C2S with Bordeaux red interior for the past 8 years which I like. I intend to wrap the Emira in race decal to offset the overwhelming redness.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Iā€™ve ā€™ahemā€™ gone all red, red paint, red calipers, red seats. I know itā€˜s NR, but yellow and blue donā€™t seem to suit red interior, and Iā€™ve already got a GT Silver 911.1C2S with Bordeaux red interior for the past 8 years which I like. I intend to wrap the Emira in race decal to offset the overwhelming redness.
Props for being BOLD! (y)

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I wanted the same but decided red interior was too much so I went with red stitch alcantara.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wasn't bold enough to go with magma red paint, but ticked the red box for everything else I could!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Are factory tours still happening? I am asking because I am wondering if Lotus has a projection of how many deposits they forecasted receiving and if they are willing to disclose this number? If tours are still happening maybe someone could ask.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think it it's pretty safe to say they will sell all of their five to seven thousand cars a year.

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Are factory tours still happening? I am asking because I am wondering if Lotus has a projection of how many deposits they forecasted receiving and if they are willing to disclose this number? If tours are still happening maybe someone could ask.
They are, but Nick wouldn't know that. It's also commercially sensitive so I'd be surprised if they give any data about deposits

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone been on a factory tour after this week's Emira reviews came out? :unsure:

I wonder what the mood at Lotus HQ was like the past couple of days. I hope the buzz and excitement was still there and it was a bit of water off a ducks back.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
One of the FB groups has some feedback from a tour this week. Nothing specifically about the mood post reviews. But interesting intel that dealer demo cars are in build to full production spec and customer cars have not started build yet. So at least the first prod spec cars are underway and build has started to a timeframe that still supports July delivery.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One of the FB groups has some feedback from a tour this week. Nothing specifically about the mood post reviews. But interesting intel that dealer demo cars are in build to full production spec and customer cars have not started build yet. So at least the first prod spec cars are underway and build has started to a timeframe that still supports July delivery.
Thanks Tom! Just as I suspected - dealer demo cars first, customer cars second. They must be ramping up production fairly quickly after the demo cars are done. I wonder when they will have two shifts running.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind welcome messages! ;)

As promised, please find the google drive link with full resolution pictures of Nimbus Grey:

Emira nimbus grey EBZ pics

Enjoy
Welcome and thanks for the photos, thought the same on the tour, great trip :)

I really need to see Nimbus in daylight, I've ordered it with Ice interior but the tan is appealing more against the Nimbus bronzyness - having said that Im not sure how much I like Nimbus now :eek: the Senca with Black pack and silver wheels really caught my attention on one of the vids!

Reactions: EBZ

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Has anyone been on a factory tour after this week's Emira reviews came out? :unsure:

I wonder what the mood at Lotus HQ was like the past couple of days. I hope the buzz and excitement was still there and it was a bit of water off a ducks back.
If they weren't a little perplexed at the luke warm reviews I'd be a little worried.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If they weren't a little perplexed at the luke warm reviews I'd be a little worried.
Where I was going is that the management and dynamics folks might have been sweating a bit in meeting rooms, but the factory workers should be shielded from that and focus on building a quality car in a positive environment.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
They are, but Nick wouldn't know that. It's also commercially sensitive so I'd be surprised if they give any data about deposits

I agree. We know about how many they received, I was just wondering what they had projected before they launched the car last summer. And yes, this would be commercially sensitive. They have all but stated that the number of the deposits surprised them and I was wondering by how much. That would explain a lot. Having to produce double the number of cars projected would really require them to almost change their whole approach overnight. It's likely that they had to go back and verify their whole supply chain among other things.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They had about 5-6 times the number of deposits at Goodwood than they'd been expecting. They had planned on 1 shift (5000 cars per year) and had a 2 or 3 shift uplift plan as an option if demand was higher than expected.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks Tom! Just as I suspected - dealer demo cars first, customer cars second. They must be ramping up production fairly quickly after the demo cars are done. I wonder when they will have two shifts running.
Two shifts will be almost straight away, provided parts supply picks up pace. They need to go through production ramp up, but that's normal practice and is not constrained by readiness of two-shift staffing.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I really need to see Nimbus in daylight, I've ordered it with Ice interior but the tan is appealing more against the Nimbus bronzyness - having said that Im not sure how much I like Nimbus now :eek: the Senca with Black pack and silver wheels really caught my attention on one of the vids!
I think nimbus and ice grey interior will look awesome.

EBZ

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Here we are šŸ˜šŸ„°
(Credit: Stefano Dā€™Aste on Insta)

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
OK, so 200 miles in the UK then the 400 miles to Nurgburg.. add in a few laps - then come back for the service - perfick.
with my elise run in miles, there were not meant to be any revs over 4000......... until after the first oil change..... just saying ;)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Nimbus with tan interior looks good. I would have gone with black calipers instead of red, but the car looks really really nice. With or without the black pack, Nimbus looks good.