Hello from Zurich

Cadi

Reaction score
Hello all. I am glad to have found this forum. I have been an Alfisti for over 20 years and drive an Alfa 4C Spider and Stelvio. The Emira is now the first model I'm really considering switching brands at some point. But selling the 4C would break my heart. Or I'll keep the 4C and buy the Emira in addition - which will ruin me 😃

The first pictures and videos of the Emira are stunning, I can't wait to see it live. Unfortunately, a first test drive in Switzerland will only be possible on 22 April.

Does anyone know if a lift system is planned for the Emira? And what is the argument for buying the First Edition and not waiting until 2023 for the basic variant?

Greetings from Switzerland 😊

Welcome and interesting to hear the Emira could tempt you away from Alfa. Would be good to hear more about your car history and see some pictures. We're all car enthusiasts as well as Lotus Emira enthusiasts :)

There is no lift system on the Emira. I know several people have asked and it doesn't look like it will even be a cost option. There are some threads on here about ground clearance and approach angle, if that helps.

The main arguments for getting the First Edition are timing and discounted options. If you put an early deposit down and want a V6 then you'll get a V6 FE probably 12 months before you'll be able to get a V6 Base Edition. The timing difference between i4 FE and V6/i4 Base will be smaller. The First Edition includes a big set of options, worth about £12-15k and discounted by £2.5-3.0k. Obviously if you didn't want all the options then it's not really a saving.

Waiting will let you chose which options you want and there will be 7 more colours available too.

I assume you'll have big differences in emissions-based taxes for the V6 and i4 in Switzerland?

Welcome aboard.

As someone who owned a couple of them, it will be great to hear more about your Alfa ownership history. I was quite interested in the 4C (Launch Edition) when it was first announced, but the lack of a manual gearbox stopped me from moving forward. Lovely car though, so can imagine how it must feel to make a call between the 4C and Emira, especially considering the difference in kerb weight.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information @Wälzer. I am currently leaning towards waiting for 2023. My cars have always come with all the options. I will prefer that for the Emira too, even if it will cost me more than the First Edition.

I had my first Alfa at 18, a 145 QV 2.0 in red (2000-2005). Then followed the 147 GTA 3.2 (2006-2011) in pearl white. 2012-2017 the Brera 3.2 in white and in 2018 the 4C Spider in Rosso Alfa. If I had enough money and especially 😊 space when I was young, I probably would have kept them all. Last year together with my wife I also bought the Stelvio 2.0 in black for everyday use 😊 - 2.0 was a compromise, she would have killed me with the QV I will look for the pictures and post them so you can get an impression.

Alfa Romeo means passion - Cuore Sportivo, with a logo like a poem. Knowing that the cars are not as perfect as the German manufacturers. Alfa is a myth, once you've driven an Alfa and the fever takes hold of you, it's hard to get away from it. The 4C is the pinnacle in terms of emotion and fun. Light, purist, carbon monocoque and loud with an incredible sound - considering that only a 1.75l 4-cylinder turbo works. With the software from Pogea Racing, it's now just over 300 hp on 1000 kg. That is absolutely sufficient.

But the 4C is anything but perfect and hardly suitable for everyday use. It is also a pity that no manual gearbox was available. Nevertheless, every weekend drive from spring to autumn is an experience. No power steering, extremely agile, like a go-kart. Sure, there are faster cars. That's not my point. Whether 0-100 in 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5 seconds, it's the emotion that counts. You very rarely see the 4C on the road, people usually have no idea what kind of car is passing.

The road tax in Switzerland varies from canton to canton. In my canton it is based on engine capacity. The 4C costs CHF 276 per year, a 3.5l is currently CHF 492 for a year. However, the insurance premium will be significantly expensive, as the new car price is used for the calculation.

For the Emira, I would prefer the V6 and most likely with a manual gearbox. I can't wait to see the Emira live. But I am afraid that afterwards I will be torn on how to decide further. I would find it extremely difficult to sell the 4C. Also because I know that Alfa boss Jean-Philippe Imparato wants to rely only on electric drive from 2027. So a model like the 4C will never exist again in this form. The same goes for Lotus. Actually, you have to buy the Emira and keep it for life. Times will change drastically - but they can't take our cars away from us.

Thank you very much for the information @Wälzer. I am currently leaning towards waiting for 2023. My cars have always come with all the options. I will prefer that for the Emira too, even if it will cost me more than the First Edition.

I had my first Alfa at 18, a 145 QV 2.0 in red (2000-2005). Then followed the 147 GTA 3.2 (2006-2011) in pearl white. 2012-2017 the Brera 3.2 in white and in 2018 the 4C Spider in Rosso Alfa. If I had enough money and especially 😊 space when I was young, I probably would have kept them all. Last year together with my wife I also bought the Stelvio 2.0 in black for everyday use 😊 - 2.0 was a compromise, she would have killed me with the QV I will look for the pictures and post them so you can get an impression.

Alfa Romeo means passion - Cuore Sportivo, with a logo like a poem. Knowing that the cars are not as perfect as the German manufacturers. Alfa is a myth, once you've driven an Alfa and the fever takes hold of you, it's hard to get away from it. The 4C is the pinnacle in terms of emotion and fun. Light, purist, carbon monocoque and loud with an incredible sound - considering that only a 1.75l 4-cylinder turbo works. With the software from Pogea Racing, it's now just over 300 hp on 1000 kg. That is absolutely sufficient.

But the 4C is anything but perfect and hardly suitable for everyday use. It is also a pity that no manual gearbox was available. Nevertheless, every weekend drive from spring to autumn is an experience. No power steering, extremely agile, like a go-kart. Sure, there are faster cars. That's not my point. Whether 0-100 in 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5 seconds, it's the emotion that counts. You very rarely see the 4C on the road, people usually have no idea what kind of car is passing.

The road tax in Switzerland varies from canton to canton. In my canton it is based on engine capacity. The 4C costs CHF 276 per year, a 3.5l is currently CHF 492 for a year. However, the insurance premium will be significantly expensive, as the new car price is used for the calculation.

For the Emira, I would prefer the V6 and most likely with a manual gearbox. I can't wait to see the Emira live. But I am afraid that afterwards I will be torn on how to decide further. I would find it extremely difficult to sell the 4C. Also because I know that Alfa boss Jean-Philippe Imparato wants to rely only on electric drive from 2027. So a model like the 4C will never exist again in this form. The same goes for Lotus. Actually, you have to buy the Emira and keep it for life. Times will change drastically - but they can't take our cars away from us.
Welcome, great collection of Alfa´s
Here goes one that you might like!
IMG_2606.jpeg

Nice! (y)

Seems like you have been through a few of the modern Alfas. Ever thought of going through their (extensive) back catalogue, especially those before Fiat took over?